Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 75547 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 18 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #975 on: April 26, 2013, 08:27:05 pm »

((in progress is variable because game went on hiatus before GWG responded to my offer for learning grafting))
Hm?
I offered you my irrigated field in exchange for both parts of the AFT research so i wouldnt have to waste time irrigating another field.
Ah.
Well, let's see...I couldn't have fit you in last turn, but I could probably start lessons this turn. What, exactly, did you want to learn?

Also, Talvara, care to socialize?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 20
« Reply #976 on: April 26, 2013, 10:06:02 pm »

Sure you could, it was just a matter of exchanging tha 1 point in research for teaching me.

I just want grafting and the other +.5 food research so i can grow 2 food per turn.

Once i have those i no longer need an irrigated field.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 26, 2013, 10:08:42 pm »

I'll edit my action in a sec...

GM: Can you teach multiple technologies in one Teach action, probably for a greater time cost, or do you need separate actions for each tech?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 26, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »

Greatwyrm, how would your feel about teaching me in exchange for an empty field? Oh, and I recommend that you keep your maximum happiness below 20, getting it to 30 from a +10 happiness event may not be as happy as you would expect...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »

Greatwyrm, how would your feel about teaching me in exchange for an empty field? Oh, and I recommend that you keep your maximum happiness below 20, getting it to 30 from a +10 happiness event may not be as happy as you would expect...
My Maximum Happiness is already above 20. I'll see what I can do about my current Happiness, though.
Seriously, what is with those happiness rules?

As to your offer, I'd like something more than an empty field. I already have two of those and don't use either.
Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 26, 2013, 10:40:00 pm »

Well what about a food then? If you are already teaching then it doesn't cost much to teach more...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 27, 2013, 04:22:52 am »

Also, Talvara, care to socialize?

I'll set up an event, a bit of happyness recovery wouldnt hurt after those bad omens ;)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2013, 07:25:25 am »

Are there any diseases lurking around?
Read the First Post!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 27, 2013, 09:10:43 am »

Dysentary is lurking somewhere.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 27, 2013, 04:19:50 pm »

Well what about a food then? If you are already teaching then it doesn't cost much to teach more...
I'm not teaching this turn.
Sig

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 21
« Reply #985 on: April 29, 2013, 07:38:48 pm »

Chugging, chugging...
Before I forget, Tiruin's prospect from last turn was...
A Small Tomatunk Claim (100 Tomatunk Capacity) and nothing else.

And GWG, separate teach actions.

ROUND 20 HAS ENDED

Your event cards for the day are...
Nothing of note.
Good Fortune and Times of Plenty! All players gain 10 happiness and, unless they are depressed, an extra two action points.
Two mystery cards have been added to the Event Deck!

Something has happened...
Domestication has been researched! - Now that this technology has been researched, everyone has the ability to go on a 'hunting trip' and attempt to discover, trap, and return with new species of animals to domesticate, in addition to gaining the ability to butcher animals. However, only those who understand this technology may then attempt to domesticate those animals.
Griffionday has acquired an animal! - 1 family of chuckducks. 100% chance to domesticate.
Griffionday has domesticated an animal! - Chuckducks are fairly tasty, but that's about all they have going for them. A family of chuckducks may be pastured in an empty plot or pasture, or butchered. If a chuckduck family is not pastured, it will die. Chuckducks will eat one one food resource from their pasture each turn, and every third turn they will produce an additional chuckduck. Chuckducks are fairly social creatures, and there is no limit to the amount of chuckducks that may be pastured in the same field.

New Action is available!
Hunting Trip (explore, cost: 4 time) - A rare collaborative effort, this allows a player to form or participate in a Hunting Party. To form a hunting party, declare your intent (you may only form one per turn). Others may then choose to join your hunting party (you may limit who joins). An initial, one person hunting party has a 5% chance to capture an animal. Every additional Hunting Trip action dedicated to this party, from any player, adds a 5% of success. Players with Keen Eyes add an additional 5% chance of success when they go on a Hunting Trip. If the hunting trip succeeds, a random animal will be pulled from the animal deck and granted to the player who lead the Hunting Party. Note that some animals are significantly rarer than others.
Butcher (labor, cost: 4+x time) - Turn a group of animals into food and other resources. The exact amount of time, and the amount of food or other resources produced, depends on the animal. Unless otherwise stated, a group of animals produces 1 food for the base time cost, by default.
Domesticate (care, cost: 10) - Raise a group of animals such that they have a chance of becoming domesticated at the beginning of the next turn. Requires 1 food. Rate of success depends on the animal.

New Research is available!
Primitive Traps (cost: 15 time, 1 delite, produces a prototype) - Create a trap object to aid in hunting trips. May be used any number of times. Each player may only use one trap.
Improved Hunting Techniques (cost: 25 time) - Gain a bonus to success when hunting.
Animal Training (cost: 20) - Slightly increase chance of domesticating animals. More importantly, allow the training of work animals.

Round 21 BEGINS
And God said, let their be Chuckducks, and there WERE Chuckducks, and it was good.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:40:58 pm by GlyphGryph »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 21 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #986 on: April 29, 2013, 07:48:30 pm »

I'd figured as much.

Also: Why do Good Fortune cards always have to be so *&#@ unfortunate?

Code: [Select]
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 31/31
Basic Hunger and Enhanced Dissatisfaction
Basic Recovery
Mortality (4/10)
Sharp Mind
Primitive Trinket (Puzzle Dragon Amulet)
4 food
2 plots (empty land)
-5 food each
Improved Farming Techniques
Irrigated Fields
Grafting
Companion Planting
Crop Rotation

(8*) Teach child, Griffonday, RAM, sjm, Unholy_Pariah Companion Planting
(2*) Learn Domestication
(1*) Rest
(1 to 1/37) Research Crossbreeding

Also, who researched Domestication? Would you be willing to teach a class?
And anyone else want an IFT class?
And this is what you wanted, right Pariah?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:39:50 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 16 (The End of the First Age of Man)
« Reply #987 on: April 29, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »

Code: [Select]
Player:Griffionday
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 21/21
Mortality: 5/10

Trait: Big Heart: Your empathy and good bedside manner make you more effective at caring for other people and animals. "Caring" actions are 1 point cheaper, and you receive a bonus to effectiveness depending on the action taken.

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn for every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.
Basic Recovery: Regain 1 lost hp, up to max, at the beginning of each turn
Mortality:every 10 turns, reduce max health by 1

Inventory:
0 Food

Knowledge:
Advanced Farming Techniques
Domestication

Holdings:
(A) 1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)

Herd:
1 Family of Chuckducks(0/3) Pastured in (A);

In Progress:

(6*) Teach GWG & Unholy_Pariah domestication
(2*) Learn companion planting from GWG
(4 to 4/20) Animal Training
(0) Pasture Chuckducks in (A)
(0) Tattle on GlyphGryph: Domestication allows construction of a Pasture Improvement for Empty Plots according to OP.

GWG, that was me, and I'm not really sure how classes work, but otherwise sure.
Edit: figured it out, I'd be willing to teach for 1 food per student this turn.

RAM; a couple obvious options for payment are the chuckducks (although I'd like the first offspring if we do this), the first offspring of the chuckducks, the first domesticated animal of your choice, free lessons in domestication, or food as soon as I can get some (you specify the time.)

Everyone please let me know if you want a class, so I know how many people to set one up for.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 05:09:43 am by Griffionday »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 29, 2013, 08:01:40 pm »

You "Teach" one or more people, and I "Learn" the technology. You can also ask me to pay something, such as food or a class in some other tech.
Sig

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 29, 2013, 08:10:34 pm »

Food would be fine, although I could also use your +1/2 food researches to have surplus for domestication once we start hunting...

Really I'm trying to set myself up as the resident vet/domesticator/hunting assistant so as long as I can find people who need my services, I can always trade them for food and not keep a herd myself.

If you'll include me the next round of teaching the +1/2 food researches I'll gladly teach you domestication.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:40:59 pm by Griffionday »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 72