Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967600 times)

IronSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.2 | DF 40.04
« Reply #1020 on: July 24, 2014, 08:12:45 pm »

Add me to the list of people who can't seem to get Dwarf Therapist running right under Linux.

The 0.34 version that you get by following the instruction in the build guide on github runs fine, but of course won't connect to my 0.40 game.
The 0.40 version I built by download the zip of the source off of github crashes on start up with only the cryptic (at least for me) message of "QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/bin/env") is still running."
The version on dffd linked earlier crashes with the "undefined symbol: _ZN11QHeaderView10setVisibleEb" error also mentioned earlier.

Any advice on how to get it running would be nice, as my fort just got went from 17 dwarves to 41 in one wave.

ExpHP

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 24, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »

The 0.40 version I built by download the zip of the source off of github crashes on start up with only the cryptic (at least for me) message of "QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/bin/env") is still running."
I've gotten that message when it can't find the etc folder (included in the github repo), which contains the memory mappings.

The easiest solution I've found is to move the compiled executable in Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/ to Dwarf-Therapist/ and run it there.  With sudo, of course.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:56:38 pm by ExpHP »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 25, 2014, 12:40:42 am »

Hey Splinterz,

I downloaded a clean version of the Dwarf Fortress starter pack and I'm seeing custom hexes defined under "Grid Colors" and "Nobles" in the Options menu. I assume these are new defaults? If so they should be treated as such in the settings.
hrmm that's strange, they should all be that golden color and say 'Default'. i haven't change those colors.

Every time I've re-upped my version of Dwarf Therapist, my options, scripts, and so on have stayed the same, the ones that I custom-defined over the course of writing the guide. I assumed you'd copied them into the utility defaults---the noble colors, the hauler custom profession, the test optimization plan...the point is, I've updated Dwarf Therapist several times since I wrote most of these things and they've carried over every time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:52:00 am by ResMar »
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

IronSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 25, 2014, 09:11:36 am »

ExpHP, that worked, thank you.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1024 on: July 25, 2014, 09:36:52 am »

Just a note, I noticed that it reports one of my soldiers "missing" his shield and sword, but when I check him in game, he has an adamantine short sword and bronze shield. Other soldiers are reporting correctly.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1025 on: July 25, 2014, 09:50:14 am »

Just a note, I noticed that it reports one of my soldiers "missing" his shield and sword, but when I check him in game, he has an adamantine short sword and bronze shield. Other soldiers are reporting correctly.
uniform wasn't changed? does it say he's missing a specific weapon/shield?

Mardukker

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with tetrahedric spikes of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 25, 2014, 12:02:57 pm »

After spending about 2 years away from Fortress Mode, I'm glad to see Dwarf Therapist has improved so much. New version looks beautiful, with new things everywhere. This is awesome, many thanks to all involved.

Just a question: is there a bug tracker so I can report a bug? It probably has been said before, but I noticed that when you sort dwarves by something that involves numbers (like total labors assigned), it has that old Windows issue where the menu orders things by their first digit and not by the actual value of the number, E.G. "'12 labors assigned" comes before "3 labors assigned" because 1<3.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:13:37 pm by Mardukker »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 25, 2014, 01:12:35 pm »

Here are two screenshots showing what Therapist currently looks like, and what the custom settings in my options pane are:

http://i.imgur.com/DzqZUgM.png
http://i.imgur.com/m0zoH3K.png

• Is this unique to my instance of the program? (seems to be, yes)
  • If so, what are the default settings? (a screenshot would be helpful)

I'm asking because I can't start updating the user guide to match the changes that have been made, without first determining whether or not I have all the defaults, and if not, what the new default looks like.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:26:46 pm by ResMar »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1028 on: July 25, 2014, 01:31:39 pm »

Here are two screenshots showing what Therapist currently looks like, and what the custom settings in my options pane are:

http://i.imgur.com/DzqZUgM.png
http://i.imgur.com/m0zoH3K.png

• Is this unique to my instance of the program? (seems to be, yes)
  • If so, what are the default settings? (a screenshot would be helpful)

I'm asking because I can't start updating the user guide to match the changes that have been made, without first determining whether or not I have all the defaults, and if not, what the new default looks like.
those look like the defaults, i don't know why it's showing HEX (probably a bug). i'll check it out.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 25, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »

Is the menu bar being flush to the right of the screen also the default now? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't used Dwarf Therapist/Fortress in almost a year now. Been waiting for the update to drop.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1030 on: July 25, 2014, 02:59:55 pm »

Is the menu bar being flush to the right of the screen also the default now? Sorry for all the questions but I haven't used Dwarf Therapist/Fortress in almost a year now. Been waiting for the update to drop.
the default should be horizontally across the top. i've also been working on implementing your custom professions/roles/super labor relationships, so something to keep in mind for your screenshots.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

A small tweak I would suggest at this time is to switch the names of the "Labors" and "Labors Alt" views, since their relative prominence in the program has been reversed.

That sounds wonderful! I'm currently in the process of updating the guide again, and I'll keep it in mind for future versions.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1032 on: July 25, 2014, 03:35:30 pm »

A small tweak I would suggest at this time is to switch the names of the "Labors" and "Labors Alt" views, since their relative prominence in the program has been reversed.

That sounds wonderful! I'm currently in the process of updating the guide again, and I'll keep it in mind for future versions.
yeah i've actually already made that change on my development builds.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 25, 2014, 04:30:28 pm »

Since the "Pending Labor Changes" dock includes changes that aren't labor-related (for instance, setting a nickname), another tweak would be to rename it to simply "Pending Changes".

Can anyone provide me with a decently large (70ish+ dwarves) fortress save in version 40.04?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:34:04 pm by ResMar »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1034 on: July 25, 2014, 04:32:02 pm »

Since the "Pending Labor Changes" dock includes changes that aren't labor-related (for instance, setting a nickname), another tweak would be to rename it to simply "Pending Changes"
also already done (in the dev build) :)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 222