Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968558 times)

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.04
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2014, 01:04:32 pm »

version 23.3 is up on dffd.

it's a few minor tweaks to the belief/trait conflicts stuff, and some updates to the game_data.ini for profession renaming and allowing hero labors. so if you'd prefer to just update the memory layout files for 40.05, you can get them here.

Something wrong with this version.

I have mature fortress, 80 dwarves, no problem with civilians, but 3 of my soldiers from 10 person squad cannot set or remove any labor via Therapist - ingame labor works fine, only Therapist ignore them completelly.  They display correct soldier age (60-80), so its not "child work issue", they are not wrongly identified as children.  Its 3 of 7 "In Duty" soldiers, off duty ones works fine for now.

(fortress was created in 40.04 version, but updated to 40.05DF and working fine in 40.05)

I am going to try older one with 40.05 memory layout.

edit: Affected dwarves are all Master Wrestlers - I have 3 in squad and all of them cannot have any labor set/removed via recent Therapist.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:08:07 pm by Xeen »

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.05
« Reply #1096 on: July 28, 2014, 01:11:53 pm »

[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 23.3 for 40.05

Let's call it an alpha build until someone can do better. Soul addresses are still missing from df-structures, so I copied linux again, but this time lot's of offsets were different, and the dwarf detail popup is plain wrong...  I searched for the missing offsets, but couldn't find everything. :(

Spoiler: v0.40.05_osx.ini (click to show/hide)

Drat. Every time I try to load, it crashes, and then Dwarf Fortress stops responding. On the plus side, it means I can try again with the merchants that came & got pissed at me since my last save.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: July 28, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »

I think I have everything done for custom groups except finding the save dir. Splinterz, should I just add the new offset to make-dt.pl? (I should test on Win32 and Linux too, since so far I've for some reason decided to do the work on the most awkward platform for debugging.)

Somewhat crappy GIF showing adding to a group, selecting labors for a group, etc.

Also, I'll need to rebase to the DF2014 branch I guess. Would it make sense to move the legacy stuff to a DF2012 tag (or branch if you think you'll need to do more work on it; seems unlikely unless there's some OS compatibility stuff?) and have master be the active stream of development?

Also also: my next idea is a way to typedown the names of professions so you could do something like "<Ctrl-P>craft" and just see the crafting columns. Scanning the list with the names rotated is pretty slow for me still, and involves a bunch of scrolling. Sound acceptable?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: July 28, 2014, 01:39:59 pm »

Drat. Every time I try to load, it crashes, and then Dwarf Fortress stops responding. On the plus side, it means I can try again with the merchants that came & got pissed at me since my last save.

Apparently I was blind earlier. :( Try the dffd link again, new version is up with fixed memory_layouts. Get back to me if you still have crashes, because the previous version was not crashing for me despite the errors. Which OSX are you on?

amistospindraca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:25 pm »

it's a few minor tweaks to the belief/trait conflicts stuff, and some updates to the game_data.ini for profession renaming and allowing hero labors. so if you'd prefer to just update the memory layout files for 40.05, you can get them here.

I have mature fortress, 80 dwarves, no problem with civilians, but 3 of my soldiers from 10 person squad cannot set or remove any labor via Therapist - ingame labor works fine, only Therapist ignore them completelly.  They display correct soldier age (60-80), so its not "child work issue", they are not wrongly identified as children.  Its 3 of 7 "In Duty" soldiers, off duty ones works fine for now.

(fortress was created in 40.04 version, but updated to 40.05DF and working fine in 40.05)

edit: Affected dwarves are all Master Wrestlers - I have 3 in squad and all of them cannot have any labor set/removed via recent Therapist.

I remember having this issue while playing MDFv4J. The only way I could set labors for the dwarves concerned was to set them off-duty first.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1100 on: July 28, 2014, 01:56:06 pm »

yeah it has to be related to the changes with the professional soldiers. i'll check it out.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:00:51 pm by splinterz »

Xeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 28, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

yeah it has to be related to the changes with the professional soldiers. i'll check it out.

To be exact I downloaded  "Dwarf Fortress 40_05 Starter Pack r1 from PeridexisErrant" and then overwrite Therapist dictionary there with your full package from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9040  (23.3 version) and run update for saves.

EDIT: Just tried delete Therapist disctionary and put clean redownloaded instalation there, and problem is still the same.   I am using recent Phoebus tileset, but I think it should not be related...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:14:39 pm by Xeen »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1102 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:27 pm »

I think I have everything done for custom groups except finding the save dir. Splinterz, should I just add the new offset to make-dt.pl? (I should test on Win32 and Linux too, since so far I've for some reason decided to do the work on the most awkward platform for debugging.)

Somewhat crappy GIF showing adding to a group, selecting labors for a group, etc.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I'll need to rebase to the DF2014 branch I guess. Would it make sense to move the legacy stuff to a DF2012 tag (or branch if you think you'll need to do more work on it; seems unlikely unless there's some OS compatibility stuff?) and have master be the active stream of development?

Also also: my next idea is a way to typedown the names of professions so you could do something like "<Ctrl-P>craft" and just see the crafting columns. Scanning the list with the names rotated is pretty slow for me still, and involves a bunch of scrolling. Sound acceptable?
yeah the plan is to branch the current master to a 34.11 / 2012 branch. then i'll be merging the superlabors to the 2014, and the 2014 back into master and use it as the main branch again.

you can add the offset to the script and/or mem files. the typedown idea is interesting. the new columns will help with that in a way; you shouldn't require nearly as many columns now that they can be grouped.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:37:34 pm by splinterz »

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 28, 2014, 02:29:05 pm »

Apparently I was blind earlier. :( Try the dffd link again, new version is up with fixed memory_layouts. Get back to me if you still have crashes, because the previous version was not crashing for me despite the errors. Which OSX are you on?

Much better! I haven't poked around too much with changing things yet (I want to write some new filters), but it connects, loads, and (so far!) edits properly. Thank you!

(Now to figure out where my customized tabs went...  :P I have no brain today.)

EDIT: Attempting to create a modified Roles grid crashes when I right-click on "Columns in set", whether I copy a grid to edit or create a new one. Going to hunt down the preferences & try a clean install. (OSX 10.6.8 )
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:40:30 pm by AriRashkae »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1104 on: July 28, 2014, 02:38:25 pm »

To be exact I downloaded  "Dwarf Fortress 40_05 Starter Pack r1 from PeridexisErrant" and then overwrite Therapist dictionary there with your full package from http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9040  (23.3 version) and run update for saves.

EDIT: Just tried delete Therapist disctionary and put clean redownloaded instalation there, and problem is still the same.   I am using recent Phoebus tileset, but I think it should not be related...
actually if you've got a save that would help for testing.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1105 on: July 28, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »

i've put a beta windows exe up for testing the superlabors and custom profession columns. any testing would be appreciated. it's currently for the new 2014 DF and you should probably backup your Dwarf Therapist.ini

for anyone building from source it's the superlabors branch.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:00:56 pm by splinterz »

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »

you can add the offset to the script and/or mem files. the typedown idea is interesting. the new columns will help with that in a way; you shouldn't require nearly as many columns now that they can be grouped.

OK. I'm slightly stymied by the fact that the dfhack build doesn't generate globals.csv for osx, so I'll have to figure that out. I think I can compute it from the linux one, though.

Soon!

Should I make Ungrouped always sort last?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1107 on: July 28, 2014, 05:06:10 pm »

OK. I'm slightly stymied by the fact that the dfhack build doesn't generate globals.csv for osx, so I'll have to figure that out. I think I can compute it from the linux one, though.

Soon!

yeah i'm not sure what's up with the df-structure scripts. a few people were looking into it tonight, but i don't know if anything came of it. for your custom groups, yeah i'd put the ungrouped units last.

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 28, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »

Soon!

yeah i'm not sure what's up with the df-structure scripts. a few people were looking into it tonight, but i don't know if anything came of it. for your custom groups, yeah i'd put the ungrouped units last.

The df-structure scripts just don't even try to generate globals.csv for osx, I guess because Linux can't handle Darwin binfmts. I probably need to set up sbcl, though I thought that doing the math from the Linux ones would work. Would you mind checking my work?

Comparing world_data addresses between osx and linux gives 0x09a217b4 - 0x019864b4 = 0x0809b300. Subtracting that from the linux address for world.cur_savegame.save_dir is 0x097fc4f0 - 0x0809b300 = 0x017611f0.

I have that (0x017611f0) as the save_dir address, and it's getting pulled from the config file correctly, but the string reads as empty. This is the reading code I have:

Code: [Select]
    // load path to current save
    VIRTADDR save_dir_addr = read_addr(m_memory_correction + m_layout->address("save_dir"));
    m_save_dir = read_string(save_dir_addr);
    LOGI << "save dir: " << m_save_dir << " from " << m_layout->address("save_dir");

I'm not sure what the layout of the std::string is, but this looks parallel to how dwarves read their names. I haven't tried stepping through and peeking at nearby memory yet.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1109 on: July 28, 2014, 06:38:48 pm »

Soon!

The df-structure scripts just don't even try to generate globals.csv for osx, I guess because Linux can't handle Darwin binfmts. I probably need to set up sbcl, though I thought that doing the math from the Linux ones would work. Would you mind checking my work?

Comparing world_data addresses between osx and linux gives 0x09a217b4 - 0x019864b4 = 0x0809b300. Subtracting that from the linux address for world.cur_savegame.save_dir is 0x097fc4f0 - 0x0809b300 = 0x017611f0.

I have that (0x017611f0) as the save_dir address, and it's getting pulled from the config file correctly, but the string reads as empty. This is the reading code I have:

Code: [Select]
    // load path to current save
    VIRTADDR save_dir_addr = read_addr(m_memory_correction + m_layout->address("save_dir"));
    m_save_dir = read_string(save_dir_addr);
    LOGI << "save dir: " << m_save_dir << " from " << m_layout->address("save_dir");

I'm not sure what the layout of the std::string is, but this looks parallel to how dwarves read their names. I haven't tried stepping through and peeking at nearby memory yet.
i tested your code out on a windows build, and it's reading the save directory name correctly, so the offsets must be off. the offset calculation seems to be ok, if it were in the same relative position. so you may have to poke around in the memory and see :/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:40:34 pm by splinterz »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 222