Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968172 times)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.04
« Reply #1125 on: July 29, 2014, 03:35:13 pm »

Hey Splinterz, it appears that http://www.dwarftherapist.com/ is a valid URL (I say this because DwarfEngineer's icon is hosted there: http://www.dwarftherapist.com/iPillage.png). Maybe you should look to see if you can't occupy it or something.  :D
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:01 pm »

The user guide has been updated to 23.2.0 beta standard: https://github.com/ResidentMario/DT_Guide. This is not a full release, however, as it describes several features not yet generally available. Now at 62 pages. You should leaf through again, Splinterz, the number of changes I've made to the document are quite significant.

LynXsh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 30, 2014, 12:38:34 am »

Good day!
Am I the only one who miss emoticons for "quite content" happiness level in 23.3?..

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1128 on: July 30, 2014, 04:41:25 am »

Good day!
Am I the only one who miss emoticons for "quite content" happiness level in 23.3?..
will be fixed in the next release :)

LynXsh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 30, 2014, 07:16:35 pm »

Oh, that's good! Thanks for answer.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 30, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »

Oh, that's good! Thanks for answer.
lynXsh has been quite content lately.  He received good news from splinterz recently.  He admired an exceptional software recently.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1131 on: July 31, 2014, 12:42:36 am »

I don't know if this is possible or not, but could we add a graphic burrow manager?
It can sometimes be annoying as shit to hunt and peck that list finding people for burrows, and if I had a list of burrows that I could just click and assign people to easily and commit the changes it would be infinitely more useful.

It would let me do much more sophisticated managing and controlling of dwarves and really fine tune who goes where and when, but it's a headache as it is now. i thought it might fit well with the existing interface in dwarf therapist.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1132 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:55 am »

I don't know if this is possible or not, but could we add a graphic burrow manager?
It can sometimes be annoying as shit to hunt and peck that list finding people for burrows, and if I had a list of burrows that I could just click and assign people to easily and commit the changes it would be infinitely more useful.

It would let me do much more sophisticated managing and controlling of dwarves and really fine tune who goes where and when, but it's a headache as it is now. i thought it might fit well with the existing interface in dwarf therapist.
yeah it's a pretty common request, but until i rewrite the back-end and turn it into a dfhack plugin, you're probably out of luck. viewing which burrows have which dwarves, and maybe removing them could be possible, but not adding them. so i'm not sure how useful that would be.

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 31, 2014, 08:10:37 am »

All right, I'm sure the reason for this is just that I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Are filter scripts currently broken? I'm running both the latest Mac & Windows builds for 0.40.05 (2 different machines, 2 different games), and I copied the 4 scripts from the guide & saved them, but none of them do anything on either build. Is there a step - or post explaining this - I'm missing? (It would not be the first time!)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1134 on: July 31, 2014, 08:15:07 am »

All right, I'm sure the reason for this is just that I'm overlooking the obvious, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Are filter scripts currently broken? I'm running both the latest Mac & Windows builds for 0.40.05 (2 different machines, 2 different games), and I copied the 4 scripts from the guide & saved them, but none of them do anything on either build. Is there a step - or post explaining this - I'm missing? (It would not be the first time!)
which guide? the therapist manual? can you post one of the scripts that's not working for you?

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 31, 2014, 08:35:19 am »

which guide? the therapist manual? can you post one of the scripts that's not working for you?

Yeah, the manual. (Which is awesome, BTW! Found stuff I never knew about, or forgot I knew!  :D )

I got the "Key Dwarves", and the 2 "Hauling" scripts to work (on the Mac) by going through them character-by-character & double checking/fixing them.  I'm guessing it's just Copy/Paste is misbehaving, and I'm going to tentatively say it's the same on the Windows version. I'm slogging through the "Available to Work" script, but my eyes are starting to cross. Never tried scripting before!  :P

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1136 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:45 am »

Yeah, the manual. (Which is awesome, BTW! Found stuff I never knew about, or forgot I knew!  :D )

I got the "Key Dwarves", and the 2 "Hauling" scripts to work (on the Mac) by going through them character-by-character & double checking/fixing them.  I'm guessing it's just Copy/Paste is misbehaving, and I'm going to tentatively say it's the same on the Windows version. I'm slogging through the "Available to Work" script, but my eyes are starting to cross. Never tried scripting before!  :P
change all instances of 'labour' to 'labor'

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 31, 2014, 09:03:42 am »

Huh, there are a few! Thanks! Didn't even see that!

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 31, 2014, 07:40:39 pm »

Yeah, those commands were renamed somewhat recently, and in fact, I seem to have forgotten to update some of the lines in the PDF scripts. I'll do that now.

The completed filter script in old version of the guide didn't work because of a couple of small errors I made in it that I fixed in my instance of Dwarf Therapist, but forgot to copy-paste to the guide. If you still need it, here's the complete script:

Code: [Select]
// hauling test
(d.total_assigned_labors(true) - d.total_assigned_labors(false) == 11) &&
// masonry and stone detailing test
(((d.labor_enabled(13) == true &&  d.labor_rating(13) < 3) ||
d.labor_enabled(13) == false)  ||  ((d.labor_enabled(12) == true &&
d.labor_rating(12) < 4)  || d.labor_enabled(12) == false)) &&
// nickname test
(d.nice_name == "") &&
// military duty test
!d.active_military() &&
// key dwarf test
(!d.labor_enabled(47) && !d.labor_enabled(48) && !d.labor_enabled(29)
&& !d.labor_enabled(11) && !d.labor_enabled(33) && !d.labor_enabled(38)
&& !d.labor_enabled(45) && !d.labor_enabled(50) && !d.labor_enabled(51)
&& !d.labor_enabled(49) && !d.labor_enabled(00) && !d.labor_enabled(53)
&& !d.labor_enabled(46)) &&
// useless labors test
((d.labor_rating(16) > 0 && d.labor_enabled(16)) || d.labor_rating(16) <= 0)
&& // Animal Tr.
((d.labor_rating(43) > 0 && d.labor_enabled(43)) || d.labor_rating(43) <= 0)
&& // Fish Diss.
((d.labor_rating(26) > 0 && d.labor_enabled(26)) || d.labor_rating(26) <= 0)
&& // Animal Diss.
((d.labor_rating(72) > 0 && d.labor_enabled(72)) || d.labor_rating(72) <= 0)

I couldn't get the wax working call to work properly, so I removed it. Not sure if it's a minor bug of some sort, never got around to reporting it when there are bigger fish to fry. No, really. Check my sig.

Splinterz, where do you figure is a good place to set up an exported utilities list? The GitHub repo wiki could be used for it; so could that page on Dwarf Fortress Wiki that I accidentally visited (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Utility:Dwarf_Therapist/Addons_Repository). Since the guide is meant to be static, I'd rather not post it there.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:09:38 pm by ResMar »

dash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 31, 2014, 11:49:19 pm »

Hi guys, recently reinstalled DF to give 2014 a shot but of course am missing Therapist badly. Unfortunately it's one utility thats caused me a lot of grief since the update.

At first it was failing to open because of a missing qt5 library - after much heartbreak and almost blundering into reinstalling Ubuntu because I somehow screwed up the packages I had, I finally seem to have all the right ones.

Now however DT gives this error when run from the command line:
Code: [Select]
./DwarfTherapist: undefined symbol: _ZN11QHeaderView10setVisibleEb
I'm noticing someone else mentioned running into this on Linux too a few pages back but didnt see a fix.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, AMD 64bit notebook. Any more info you need I can supply, and any help appreciated. I love your program btw, realised I literaly cant play the game without it.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 222