Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966388 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.24.0 | DF 40.09
« Reply #1425 on: August 21, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »

Could you add an option to conceal vampires and such?

I recently had DT report that a certain person is 500 years old and his name does not match up with DF name, and it feels kinda cheaty to see it just like that.

Is it possible for DT to report the same age and name as is shown in DF, or are there technical difficulties in the way?
it should be doing that already. what version of DT are you using, and have you turned off the option to highlight cursed units?

This occurred in version 23.6 with DF 40.08.

Screenshot of DF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.38.45.png
Screenshot of DT: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.38.07.png
Screenshot of DT settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.39.18.png

Still works exactly the same way with DT 24.0 and DF 40.09 by the way.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:47:01 pm by Nikita »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1426 on: August 21, 2014, 06:00:17 pm »

Could you add an option to conceal vampires and such?

I recently had DT report that a certain person is 500 years old and his name does not match up with DF name, and it feels kinda cheaty to see it just like that.

Is it possible for DT to report the same age and name as is shown in DF, or are there technical difficulties in the way?
it should be doing that already. what version of DT are you using, and have you turned off the option to highlight cursed units?

This occurred in version 23.6 with DF 40.08.

Screenshot of DF: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.38.45.png
Screenshot of DT: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.38.07.png
Screenshot of DT settings: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/76413808/Screenshot%202014-08-21%2015.39.18.png

Still works exactly the same way with DT 24.0 and DF 40.09 by the way.
Would you mind uploading the save so I can take a closer look?

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 21, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »

Sure. Here's the save file: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9481

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1428 on: August 22, 2014, 05:04:26 am »

Sure. Here's the save file: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9481
there was a limit on how many historical figures could be read (100.000) and your world's history was just exceeding that (~102.000). so i'll have to make some adjustments :)

Elarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 22, 2014, 08:51:24 am »

The latest branch (as of 45 minutes ago), appears to compile and run under on an x64 Gentoo Linux system with Qt4. Can't see any major issues yet, 0 compile errors or warnings. I've updated BUILDING.rst with the information required for Gentoo. I may just create a .ebuild one day to make it even easier on Gentoo.

Edit: Anyone know where the settings are stored? I'd like to compare things between my linux and windows versions.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:17:52 am by Elarys »

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 23, 2014, 09:50:34 am »

Edit: Anyone know where the settings are stored? I'd like to compare things between my linux and windows versions.
~/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini

And I'm voting for a move to ~/.config/dwarf-therapist
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:58:20 am by int_ua »

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 23, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

I'll second that vote, with perhaps a friendly amendment to $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/dwarf-therapist. (-:

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 24, 2014, 11:58:09 pm »

Now I'm having trouble with d.total_assigned_labors(). It doesn't seem to matter (much) what I pass as an argument, it is always showing me the total including hauling labors. If I do 'true', 'false', 0, 1 or nothing at all,  I get the total number of labors, including hauling. If I pass anything else, such as 'TRUE', 'FALSE', 'happy', or 'sad' I just get every dwarf, so that's evidently some sort of error.

I'm trying to use it like the example in the Guide, subtracting d.total_assigned_labors(true) from d.total_assigned_labors(false) to see how many hauling labors are turned on. This worked in 23.6, but isn't working in 24.0. I know the number of hauling labors has changed, but the function doesn't seem to be giving different values for true and false.

Here's a final test:
d.total_assigned_labors(true) - d.total_assigned_labors(false) == 0

For 0 it returns every dwarf. For any other value ( I tried 1 through 20), it gives no dwarves.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1433 on: August 25, 2014, 06:47:57 am »

Now I'm having trouble with d.total_assigned_labors(). It doesn't seem to matter (much) what I pass as an argument, it is always showing me the total including hauling labors. If I do 'true', 'false', 0, 1 or nothing at all,  I get the total number of labors, including hauling. If I pass anything else, such as 'TRUE', 'FALSE', 'happy', or 'sad' I just get every dwarf, so that's evidently some sort of error.

I'm trying to use it like the example in the Guide, subtracting d.total_assigned_labors(true) from d.total_assigned_labors(false) to see how many hauling labors are turned on. This worked in 23.6, but isn't working in 24.0. I know the number of hauling labors has changed, but the function doesn't seem to be giving different values for true and false.

Here's a final test:
d.total_assigned_labors(true) - d.total_assigned_labors(false) == 0

For 0 it returns every dwarf. For any other value ( I tried 1 through 20), it gives no dwarves.

Keith
yeah it looks like the new scripting engine doesn't support function arguments with default values. i'll see about getting it fixed up in the next version. also, i've changed the total_assigned_labors function's option in the next version to include/exclude skill-less labors, so you shouldn't need to call it twice and check the difference anymore.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 25, 2014, 08:45:00 am »

Thx for the skilless labors update
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:52:36 am by thistleknot »

jpvlsmv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:43 am »

I have a suggestion for a new tab (I'm not sure how to add it myself, or I would)

In addition to Labors and Labors compact, could we have a Labors tab that only shows moodable skills (and possibly one that shows just unmoodable skills)

In my usual pattern, I'll manage how many dwarfs have skills (dabbling or better) to try to produce valuable moods.  Such a view would let me see at a glance (collapse all who have a non-junk and non-crafting highest) who needs to do what jobs.

I also like to turn on all the unmoodable skills for everyone (especially those that don't result in quality-improved products) like wood burning, plant gathering, pump operating, etc.

Thoughts?

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 25, 2014, 09:53:09 am »

You should be able to make your own tab like that easily enough.

I also believe plant gathering is skill dependent, with higher skill having a higher success rate and returning larger plant stacks.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1437 on: August 25, 2014, 10:12:25 am »

I have a suggestion for a new tab (I'm not sure how to add it myself, or I would)

In addition to Labors and Labors compact, could we have a Labors tab that only shows moodable skills (and possibly one that shows just unmoodable skills)

In my usual pattern, I'll manage how many dwarfs have skills (dabbling or better) to try to produce valuable moods.  Such a view would let me see at a glance (collapse all who have a non-junk and non-crafting highest) who needs to do what jobs.

I also like to turn on all the unmoodable skills for everyone (especially those that don't result in quality-improved products) like wood burning, plant gathering, pump operating, etc.

Thoughts?
you can use the dock windows to add/copy views. for the moodable skills, you can group by highest moodable skill, or you can add the special moodable skill column to one of your custom views.

it currently isn't possible to toggle only moodable/unmoodable skills so your best option would maybe be a superlabor or custom profession.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.25.0 | DF 40.10
« Reply #1438 on: August 25, 2014, 11:59:13 am »

25.0 has been released

patch notes
  • 40.10 win/linux layouts
  • added name_matches function for partial name matches in scripts
  • appended a count of how many units are currently displayed when scripts are active to the population text
  • added the final two labors (alchemy and animal care) to the 'labors full' view
  • added a new group by for 'total assigned skilled labors'
  • added more material place-holders in job descriptions
  • changed the script function for total_assigned_labors to include/exclude skill-less labors, instead of hauling
  • changed the header columns to automatically adjust their height based on the text length
  • when testing new scripts, errors will be reported at the bottom of the window
  • fixed multiple issues with scripts where any optional arguments were ignored (test your scripts!)
  • fixes an issue where it was necessary to restart after embarking to see the fortress name
  • fixes an issue where worlds with large amounts of historical figures wouldn't find vampires (among other things)
  • fixes OSX string writing (nicknames, custom professions, etc.)
  • fix for an edge case crash with roles when all attributes are hacked to approx. max level
  • fix for the default font (ShiroiKuma)
  • more optimizations and clean-up (Hello71)
  • OSX offsets for 40.07-40.09 (Fricy)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:01:14 pm by splinterz »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 222