Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967815 times)

thraxarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.25.0 | DF 40.10
« Reply #1455 on: August 29, 2014, 07:30:38 pm »

Has anyone had any confusion about jobs with dwarves in DT v.25?

I was wondering what might be wrong when I had a squad set for a barracks to train, but they seemed to do nothing in there, they always showed "no job" in DT. But examining them in game shows they are leading a demonstration or watching one.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 29, 2014, 09:16:30 pm »

Has anyone had any confusion about jobs with dwarves in DT v.25?

I was wondering what might be wrong when I had a squad set for a barracks to train, but they seemed to do nothing in there, they always showed "no job" in DT. But examining them in game shows they are leading a demonstration or watching one.

platform?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 30, 2014, 12:22:08 am »

As a follow-up on my earlier post, I worked with Hello71 on IRC and got a stack trace, but since I had a binary with no debugging info, there wasn't anything we could really learn. A copy of the stack trace is at http://pastebin.com/Auj2MCPY.

Once I killed DT, thenDF started working normally again. I was then able to start a new DT process and it worked fine.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

JBWilliams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 30, 2014, 12:30:44 am »

[Linux] Dwarf Therapist 25.0 | 0.40.10 | amd64 deb

Thank you for providing this.

I ran into some trouble running it; I'd be grateful for any help:

Code: [Select]
/usr/bin/DwarfTherapist: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My distro is Crunchbang 11, based on Debian 7. As far as I understand it, Qt5 isn't supported. I tried following the instructions to build from source and "qmake" gave me this:

Project MESSAGE: Release Mode
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: concurrent
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widgets

After that I ran "make -j$(nproc)" anyway to see what would happen. Result was a lot of output that looked promising but ended with:

make: *** [bin/release/dfinstancelinux.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Are there any relatively easy ways to fix this (that is, without installing a different distro or risking the operation of my current system)?

Thanks,
James

Cheet4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 30, 2014, 07:01:38 am »

Is the role calculation working correctly? I'm currently using Dwarf Therapist v.25.0.0 for the first time in 0.40.x and most of my dwarfs who don't have a skill in a particular role, for example weaponsmith, get rated between 45% and 55%, while their attributes are very different.
I remember that in 0.34.x most dwarfs got rated between 20% and 80% for their possible roles, even if they had no skill for the role.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 30, 2014, 07:38:01 am »

[Linux] Dwarf Therapist 25.0 | 0.40.10 | amd64 deb

Thank you for providing this.

I ran into some trouble running it; I'd be grateful for any help:

/usr/bin/DwarfTherapist: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My distro is Crunchbang 11, based on Debian 7. As far as I understand it, Qt5 isn't supported. I tried following the instructions to build from source and "qmake" gave me this:

Project MESSAGE: Release Mode
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: concurrent
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widgets

After that I ran "make -j$(nproc)" anyway to see what would happen. Result was a lot of output that looked promising but ended with:

make: *** [bin/release/dfinstancelinux.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Are there any relatively easy ways to fix this (that is, without installing a different distro or risking the operation of my current system)?

Thanks,
James

please file an issue with the complete output of make enclosed in ``` code markers.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 30, 2014, 07:47:58 am »

As a follow-up on my earlier post, I worked with Hello71 on IRC and got a stack trace, but since I had a binary with no debugging info, there wasn't anything we could really learn. A copy of the stack trace is at http://pastebin.com/Auj2MCPY.

Once I killed DT, thenDF started working normally again. I was then able to start a new DT process and it worked fine.

Keith

generally speaking, it's safe for DT to crash any time *except* when it's in the middle of a write (for obvious reasons). even then, on Linux, it is only unsafe in the middle of a remote_syscall; crashing any other time may cause memory inconsistency (you should save and reload DF) but will not cause a DF crash.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1462 on: August 30, 2014, 08:28:15 am »

Is the role calculation working correctly? I'm currently using Dwarf Therapist v.25.0.0 for the first time in 0.40.x and most of my dwarfs who don't have a skill in a particular role, for example weaponsmith, get rated between 45% and 55%, while their attributes are very different.
I remember that in 0.34.x most dwarfs got rated between 20% and 80% for their possible roles, even if they had no skill for the role.
there's a bit of a disconnect at the moment, because the ratings are shown different ways. the values around 45-55 are the raw ratings, which are shown in the tooltip, on the details dock, and if you're using the 'text' cell drawing method.

however, the other cell drawing methods are using an adjusted rating from 0 to 100 (ie. red diamond is < ~5%, black diamond > ~95%). so it's a bit disconnected at the moment.

overall higher numbers are still better. it's just more difficult to compare (and impossible with the text method) with the raw values.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 30, 2014, 09:25:51 am »

how about the option of displaying either

the raw value as numerical

or

the 0 to 100% conversion of the raw value as numerical?

Or
is it due to [not having] extended decimal places that cause havoc when comparing?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:57:22 am by thistleknot »

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 30, 2014, 09:28:41 am »

how about the option of displaying either

the raw value as numerical

or

the 0 to 100% conversion of the raw value as numerical?

Or is it due to extended decimal places that cause havoc when comparing?

https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/issues/152

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 30, 2014, 09:59:17 am »

I was originally comfortable with the raw ratings due to the way I used DT.  However, I like the new "drawn" ratings, as they are based around an assumed mean of 50% and they are stretched from their respective min to 0 and max to 100%

However... I think the raw rating was important to be exportable to csv, as when I was exporting the (0 to 100%) min to 50% to max method to csv, the middle numbers were not exhibiting the expected behaviour.  I believe it might be due to rounding and pushing more numbers closer to the center.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1466 on: August 30, 2014, 10:51:13 am »

I was originally comfortable with the raw ratings due to the way I used DT.  However, I like the new "drawn" ratings, as they are based around an assumed mean of 50% and they are stretched from their respective min to 0 and max to 100%

However... I think the raw rating was important to be exportable to csv, as when I was exporting the (0 to 100%) min to 50% to max method to csv, the middle numbers were not exhibiting the expected behaviour.  I believe it might be due to rounding and pushing more numbers closer to the center.
the 0-100 ratings would purely be used for display purposes (tooltips, dock, cells, etc.). anything in the back-end (csv export, optimization) would continue to use the raw ratings.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 30, 2014, 11:07:54 am »

How do I change the Labors Full grid to arrange the labors the way the game does?

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:11 pm »

if anyone has OSX, could they please test https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/pull/150?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 30, 2014, 01:15:44 pm »

How do I change the Labors Full grid to arrange the labors the way the game does?

What do you mean by that?  Arrange them by how the game does?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 222