Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968171 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.25.0 | DF 40.10
« Reply #1485 on: September 02, 2014, 07:38:42 am »

Metal, but...  Strike that. I might be having other issues.

It might be with my dwarves not properly equipping some items, even though they should be. I might have been looking at dwarves wrong. I'll try to get back on this one. Very odd.

I could have sworn I saw it one way in DT and another in DF.
there was a problem with the equipment stuff a few versions ago, but it should be resolved in the latest version. anyway, if you do notice something weird again let me know and i'll look into it.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 02, 2014, 10:42:49 am »

When right clicking a dwarf, all the custom professions are listed in a random order. Is there any way I can get them to be recognized alphabetically again?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1487 on: September 02, 2014, 12:16:05 pm »

When right clicking a dwarf, all the custom professions are listed in a random order. Is there any way I can get them to be recognized alphabetically again?
should be fixed for the next release

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 02, 2014, 01:21:14 pm »

should be fixed for the next release

Sweet! Thank you sir.

thraxarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 04, 2014, 02:20:02 am »

One thing I did seem to notice, while training in a training room, dwarves show "no job" in Dwarf Therapist, but viewing in DF, they show up as "watching dodging demonstration" or "individual combat drill",  is this by design?

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 04, 2014, 08:39:07 am »

Again I cannot scan my memory for DF 40.11 Layout :(
Wish I could help.

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 04, 2014, 09:10:52 am »

Again I cannot scan my memory for DF 40.11 Layout :(
Wish I could help.

must be a problem on your side. I can see my dwarfs with this here
(Would wait for the "official" release though to double check the adresses before writing back into memory)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 04, 2014, 02:23:34 pm »

Preference for spears does not seem to be used in the calculation for speardwarf.  (Maces, hammers, and swords are effecting calculations properly.) v25.0

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1494 on: September 04, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »

Preference for spears does not seem to be used in the calculation for speardwarf.  (Maces, hammers, and swords are effecting calculations properly.) v25.0
can you elaborate? what does your role look like, and what dwarf doesn't seem to be matching? if you use the preference dock and/or the filter box to filter only a preference for spears, does it filter correctly?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 04, 2014, 04:43:51 pm »

The preference dock lists and selects my spear-lover properly.  The filter box likewise.  My dwarfs preference for spears which shows in the dwarf details screen, and in the tooltip.

The role is the default one (Speardwarf) used in the default Military-alt screen.  The number displayed for speardwarf is the same as that for all the other melee weapon types.  3 of my other dwarfs have weapon preferences (mace, shortsword, hammer) which do make a difference for their suitability for these roles.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1496 on: September 04, 2014, 05:57:14 pm »

The preference dock lists and selects my spear-lover properly.  The filter box likewise.  My dwarfs preference for spears which shows in the dwarf details screen, and in the tooltip.

The role is the default one (Speardwarf) used in the default Military-alt screen.  The number displayed for speardwarf is the same as that for all the other melee weapon types.  3 of my other dwarfs have weapon preferences (mace, shortsword, hammer) which do make a difference for their suitability for these roles.
i double checked the default roles, and there doesn't seem to be any issue there. so your speardwarf has exactly the same role rating as the others without spears? if you want to upload a save i can take a closer look.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 04, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »

FYI, memory layouts are available for 40_11 and can be found here: https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2014/share/memory_layouts
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 04, 2014, 07:11:15 pm »

My Region folder https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14105530/region1.rar

If you need something else just let me know.

Save is from a couple of seconds after embark.  The dwarf in question is Stakud.  I ended up making them an Axedwarf but couldn't figure out what was going on.

Just in case it shows something different on your end this is a snapshot of my Military-Alt screen.  You can see Stakud gets no increase in Speardwarf suitability, and you can also see the three dwarfs below him do get bonuses from their weapon preferences.

Entirely separate from the above - would it be possible to add a column with the size stat we could add to custom grids.  I'm thinking about it for breeding/slaughtering animals but perhaps others would find some military purpose for dwarfs?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:13:29 pm by feelotraveller »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1499 on: September 05, 2014, 04:31:01 am »

My Region folder https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14105530/region1.rar

If you need something else just let me know.

Save is from a couple of seconds after embark.  The dwarf in question is Stakud.  I ended up making them an Axedwarf but couldn't figure out what was going on.

Just in case it shows something different on your end this is a snapshot of my Military-Alt screen.  You can see Stakud gets no increase in Speardwarf suitability, and you can also see the three dwarfs below him do get bonuses from their weapon preferences.

Entirely separate from the above - would it be possible to add a column with the size stat we could add to custom grids.  I'm thinking about it for breeding/slaughtering animals but perhaps others would find some military purpose for dwarfs?
i checked this out, and it's due to a change made to preferences to attempt to balance roles with tons of preferences against those with few. previously the more preferences in a role the lower the rating would end up, due to a weighted average with many zeros. i made a change to exclude non-matches to help with this issue, but the side-effect is that in some cases (like this one) you end up with incorrect ratings. although the difference was only ~1% in the rating, it's still important to see, so i'll try to come up with a better solution.

while there's no column for body size (yet), you can right click on the first column (with the names) and sort by body size, which should help.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 222