Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968400 times)

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.25.0 | DF 40.10
« Reply #1575 on: September 15, 2014, 12:43:11 am »

http://pastebin.com/K1QgieWY

I clicked on the file name itself and this is what it downloaded for me.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 15, 2014, 01:09:10 am »

http://pastebin.com/K1QgieWY

I clicked on the file name itself and this is what it downloaded for me.
Yeah, that's what I hate about online repos. Replace the contents of your file with the contents of this (just copy/paste all the text on the page):

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/DF2014/share/memory_layouts/windows/v0.40.12_graphics.ini

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 15, 2014, 01:09:59 am »

So I just lost all my custom gridviews.  Between sessions they stopped showing and they are gone from the DT menu.  Strangely my custom roles are all still present.

I cannot find the default_gridviews.dtg mentioned in the readme, where should I be looking?

The manual mentions a Dwarf_Therapist.ini in passing at the end, and I think I previously saw this when hunting through my AppData files for something else but no luck locating it presently.  A search of my entire system did not find it either.  Where would I expect to find it?

Mine is in %APPDATA%\UDP Software

Thanks salithus.  (Found my Dwarf_Therapist.ini in appdata/roaming/udp software.)

But the behaviour mentioned is looking curiouser and curiouser.  When I opened the ini it had info on all my custom roles and also info on the first of the custom grid views which I am in the process of recreating.

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 15, 2014, 01:20:41 am »

That didn't work either, I will look into this tomorrow I Think you've given me info enough to try and fix it for myself from here. If I can't figure it out I'll just wait for a full release lol. Thanks for the help!

Discord

• Bay Watcher
  • moved by work of art and natural beauty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 15, 2014, 02:43:50 am »

Having a bit of unexpected trouble with applying the memory layout.

I pasted the new one in my old (40.10).
Saved it as .v0.40.12_graphics.ini.
And it just force closes all the time.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1580 on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:29 am »

So I just lost all my custom gridviews.  Between sessions they stopped showing and they are gone from the DT menu.  Strangely my custom roles are all still present.

I cannot find the default_gridviews.dtg mentioned in the readme, where should I be looking?

The manual mentions a Dwarf_Therapist.ini in passing at the end, and I think I previously saw this when hunting through my AppData files for something else but no luck locating it presently.  A search of my entire system did not find it either.  Where would I expect to find it?

Mine is in %APPDATA%\UDP Software

Thanks salithus.  (Found my Dwarf_Therapist.ini in appdata/roaming/udp software.)

But the behaviour mentioned is looking curiouser and curiouser.  When I opened the ini it had info on all my custom roles and also info on the first of the custom grid views which I am in the process of recreating.
i've had reports in the past-very rarely-of this happening, but never enough information on what may have caused it. if you have any idea what may have caused it, or if you can explain what you were doing at the time, it may help me track down this bug.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:28:37 am by splinterz »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 15, 2014, 05:02:54 am »

I noticed it after hunting for a new embark site.  Not sure precisely when it happened... But first I had chosen an embark site and then aborted (and/or used 'die' dfhack command) before embarking.  Then (a day later IRL) I went through with the embark a couple of times to check out two embark sites using 'die' to quit and then restoring a clean (i.e. pre-embark) copy of the region folder.

I have been using the 40.10 starter pack r4 with DT selected in the launcher and no other utilities other than dfhack.  This causes DT to launch but not to be connected to DF.  I believe in the aborted embark I did connect it and read the dwarfs.  The embarks I proceeded with I don't think that I ever connected DT to DF.

They are the variables I think probably came into play though I am not sure as to the precise combination which might have caused the problem.  The only other thing I remember doing DF-wise during the period was changing the autosave setting in the starter pack launcher.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 15, 2014, 10:22:19 am »

hey splinterz,

you were asking how I thought the default labours grid view might look.  since I just redid my grid views here's what I came up with (for myself mainly but since I think that this is the direction to be heading...).  it is an 'alpha' since I have yet to play a game with it but it should give you an idea.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14105530/Labours%20my.csv

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 15, 2014, 04:08:13 pm »

um, you exported as csv vs dtg

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 15, 2014, 06:45:53 pm »

what do you mean by
Whatever it is, DF will return that when reporting a body size
If the offset is correct, it should be possible to monitor the body size of a creature at intervals over time.  DF knows what it's doing, so asking DF the current body size will follow the correct formula.  That will settle the question of whether it grows linearly in each life stage or just pops into a new size at the correct age.  But it's kind of irrelevant if you can just look up a creature's current size on the fly.

Even without DFHack, it's conceivable to butcher the same animal every couple months with savescumming.

ah yes ok. from what i could tell looking at specific animals and the body_size_info structure in dfhack, the base_size was very close, or exactly the caste's average size with body modifiers applied. the size_cur was usually larger (i don't remember if it was ever smaller) than the base size. so i believe that's the current size with fat/muscle the creature has gained, but again i'm not certain.

I'm looking at an adult donkey (whose description makes no mention of size, muscle or fat) so it ought to be around 300,000 cm^3, but body_size_info.size_cur is 26060 and size_base is 27600. So it is certainly possible for the size_cur to be smaller than size_base. 

Both are about an order of magnitude smaller than the raws indicate they should be. So I'm guessing these values are in 10 cm^3 units. 

I've got a 4 month old peacock that has (according to dfhack's gui/gm-editor) size_cur of 161 and size_base of 162. The raws are:
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100]
[BODY_SIZE:0:168:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:4000]
So it should be born at 100 cm^3 and at 6 months (168 days) should be up to 2000 cm^3. Assuming a linear progression, and assuming that the 4 months reported by DT for the age is exact, it ought to be 100+(4/6 * (2000-100)) or 1367. Its description says it is "incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall." In appearance.body_modifiers there are 107,104,102 which I'm guessing are the length, height, and broadness from the raws' BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER tags. The size_modifier is 113, and 1.07*1.04*1.02 is 1.13, so I suspect that's what size_modifier is. So that would mean that its size_base ought to be 1367 * 1.13, or 1544 cm^3, which is short of the 1620 I'm seeing. Ahh, but a little calculation shows that if it's actually 4.21 months (which DT would round to 4 months), then this comes out just right.

Looking back at the donkey above, it's size_modifier is 92, so .92 * 300000 = 276000, which matches up to the size_base value of 27600. So it does look like the size_base matches up to what one would expect. Your guess that size_cur takes into account fat/muscle seems to make sense, but I can't find anything in the data structures that seems to be the fat or muscle modifiers. Plus, I would expect an 'incredibly skinny' peacock to be smaller than 1610 if its base should be 1620. :-/

I've got to run catch a bus, but I'll keep looking at this.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1586 on: September 16, 2014, 05:17:05 am »

I'm looking at an adult donkey (whose description makes no mention of size, muscle or fat) so it ought to be around 300,000 cm^3, but body_size_info.size_cur is 26060 and size_base is 27600. So it is certainly possible for the size_cur to be smaller than size_base. 

Both are about an order of magnitude smaller than the raws indicate they should be. So I'm guessing these values are in 10 cm^3 units.
that's correct.

I've got a 4 month old peacock that has (according to dfhack's gui/gm-editor) size_cur of 161 and size_base of 162. The raws are:
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100]
[BODY_SIZE:0:168:2000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:4000]
So it should be born at 100 cm^3 and at 6 months (168 days) should be up to 2000 cm^3. Assuming a linear progression, and assuming that the 4 months reported by DT for the age is exact, it ought to be 100+(4/6 * (2000-100)) or 1367. Its description says it is "incredibly skinny yet gigantic overall." In appearance.body_modifiers there are 107,104,102 which I'm guessing are the length, height, and broadness from the raws' BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER tags. The size_modifier is 113, and 1.07*1.04*1.02 is 1.13, so I suspect that's what size_modifier is. So that would mean that its size_base ought to be 1367 * 1.13, or 1544 cm^3, which is short of the 1620 I'm seeing. Ahh, but a little calculation shows that if it's actually 4.21 months (which DT would round to 4 months), then this comes out just right.

Looking back at the donkey above, it's size_modifier is 92, so .92 * 300000 = 276000, which matches up to the size_base value of 27600. So it does look like the size_base matches up to what one would expect. Your guess that size_cur takes into account fat/muscle seems to make sense, but I can't find anything in the data structures that seems to be the fat or muscle modifiers. Plus, I would expect an 'incredibly skinny' peacock to be smaller than 1610 if its base should be 1620. :-/

I've got to run catch a bus, but I'll keep looking at this.

Keith
nice work! for the fat/muscle i believe DF actually calculates additional mass by looking at body layers like fat/muscle and what material they're made of, so that a dwarf with muscle of iron would supposedly have a larger cur_size than a regular dwarf.

i guess it could easy be tested by modding one caste of the dwarves to have a different material type for muscle and/or fat, or alternatively by just getting a dwarf on a pump stack for a while and checking the before/after cur_size. the butchering test was a good idea as well.

according to the wiki, the material density of the body parts is factored in.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:18:58 am by splinterz »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 16, 2014, 05:25:14 am »

And it's only been a few hours since I decided downloading by hand got so fiddly that I made updating not-manual.
How do I use that not-manual link? We're past the weekend and I'd love to get back into DF. Especially since I finally found where the Save Updater was hiding.

Discord

• Bay Watcher
  • moved by work of art and natural beauty.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 16, 2014, 06:32:31 am »

And it's only been a few hours since I decided downloading by hand got so fiddly that I made updating not-manual.
How do I use that not-manual link? We're past the weekend and I'd love to get back into DF. Especially since I finally found where the Save Updater was hiding.

I second that.
DT died on me when I tried it myself.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 16, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »

From what I can tell, the "non-manual" part only applies to creating the package.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 222