Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968013 times)

ssssomeone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #1920 on: December 15, 2014, 11:27:24 am »

...that's really weird - now working 100% for me too. Could be I had some other process running that screwed things up? Or a quantum effect whereby you observing the problem made it disappear?

either way, thanks, and apologies for wasting your time!

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 16, 2014, 05:28:56 am »

I've just come back to playing DF, and using this branch of Therapist, I'm trying to understand the new happiness system. It's a tad opaque in Therapist though, as the coloured tile doesn't seem to change with "stress level" and I don't know which way stress scales. I.e, is negative stress = happiness?

I'm just a little confused and want to be able to tell if my dwarfs are happy or about to murder their children.  :P

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 16, 2014, 06:39:13 am »

Could anyone please tell me exactly how on earth you tell the sexuality of your animals within the animal screen? I see that there are colors and symbols the clearly are intended to correspond in some way to their gender and sexuality, but it's not intuitive (to me) what each is supposed to mean. There's white, blue, and pink, plus the Mars, Venus, and Combo symbol. What does each signify?
select a unit and there's a tooltip on the gender/orientation symbol in the dwarf details dock. i should probably add an option to include the description in the tooltip.

single mars/venus= heterosexual
double mars/venus = homosexual
both combined = bisexual

blue = male
pink = female
white = asexual
Jeez, I thought I'd thanked you here, but it turns out I forgot. Many thanks kind individual.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1923 on: December 16, 2014, 06:51:47 am »

I've just come back to playing DF, and using this branch of Therapist, I'm trying to understand the new happiness system. It's a tad opaque in Therapist though, as the coloured tile doesn't seem to change with "stress level" and I don't know which way stress scales. I.e, is negative stress = happiness?

I'm just a little confused and want to be able to tell if my dwarfs are happy or about to murder their children.  :P

the new stress stuff is mapped to the old happiness system which is:
500k (miserable)
250k (very unhappy)
100k (unhappy)
and then the corresponding negative values for happiness (500k=ecstatic). these ranges correspond with the boundaries where units can be prone to going into stress related moods. i don't know the exact values, but for example at 100k stress there's a 10% chance, at 250k a 25% chance, etc.

so until stress reaches 100k in either direction, your dwarves will show as 'Fine'. most of the time stress moves pretty slowly in either direction, if a dwarf has an average stress vulnerability. a very high stress vulnerability will cause (negative only?) thoughts to have a much greater effect on the dwarf and you'll see them get stressed much faster. a very high stress level (>500k) and a high stress vulnerability can also cause a dwarf to become catatonic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:12:22 pm by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1924 on: December 16, 2014, 06:53:56 am »

Could anyone please tell me exactly how on earth you tell the sexuality of your animals within the animal screen? I see that there are colors and symbols the clearly are intended to correspond in some way to their gender and sexuality, but it's not intuitive (to me) what each is supposed to mean. There's white, blue, and pink, plus the Mars, Venus, and Combo symbol. What does each signify?
select a unit and there's a tooltip on the gender/orientation symbol in the dwarf details dock. i should probably add an option to include the description in the tooltip.

single mars/venus= heterosexual
double mars/venus = homosexual
both combined = bisexual

blue = male
pink = female
white = asexual
Jeez, I thought I'd thanked you here, but it turns out I forgot. Many thanks kind individual.
no problem. i've already added an option to include a gender/orientation description in the tooltip, so that will be in the next update.

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 16, 2014, 07:02:52 am »

Can you please remove version from the Linux link in the first post?

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 16, 2014, 07:18:11 am »

500.000 (miserable)
250.000 (very unhappy)
100.000 (unhappy)
and then the corresponding negative values for happiness (500.000=ecstatic). these ranges correspond with the boundaries where units can be prone to going into stress related moods. i don't know the exact values, but for example at 100.000 stress there's a 10% chance, at 250.000 a 25% chance, etc.

so until stress reaches 100.000 in either direction, your dwarves will show as 'Fine'. most of the time stress moves pretty slowly in either direction, if a dwarf has an average stress vulnerability. a very high stress vulnerability will cause (negative only?) thoughts to have a much greater effect on the dwarf and you'll see them get stressed much faster. a very high stress level (>500.000) and a high stress vulnerability can also cause a dwarf to become catatonic.

Thanks I think that makes it more clear. Most of my dwarfs are either showing 0 (fine) or -1 to -4k (fine) there is one guy who is +200 but is also shown as fine, so I suppose he's just lucky, or pretty good at handling stress? I guess one last question to nail it home, why do the high negative stress values like -4.1k, which one of my dwarfs shows, not cause a listed state like happy or ecstatic?

Millitron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 17, 2014, 05:29:59 pm »

Love the new geld feature.  I have a slight improvement idea though.  Would it be possible to get columns in the animals tab for size, muscle level, and fat level?  That way we can more-easily do selective breeding for big, strong war dogs or big, fat livestock.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1928 on: December 17, 2014, 05:54:54 pm »

500.000 (miserable)
250.000 (very unhappy)
100.000 (unhappy)
and then the corresponding negative values for happiness (500.000=ecstatic). these ranges correspond with the boundaries where units can be prone to going into stress related moods. i don't know the exact values, but for example at 100.000 stress there's a 10% chance, at 250.000 a 25% chance, etc.

so until stress reaches 100.000 in either direction, your dwarves will show as 'Fine'. most of the time stress moves pretty slowly in either direction, if a dwarf has an average stress vulnerability. a very high stress vulnerability will cause (negative only?) thoughts to have a much greater effect on the dwarf and you'll see them get stressed much faster. a very high stress level (>500.000) and a high stress vulnerability can also cause a dwarf to become catatonic.

Thanks I think that makes it more clear. Most of my dwarfs are either showing 0 (fine) or -1 to -4k (fine) there is one guy who is +200 but is also shown as fine, so I suppose he's just lucky, or pretty good at handling stress? I guess one last question to nail it home, why do the high negative stress values like -4.1k, which one of my dwarfs shows, not cause a listed state like happy or ecstatic?
100.000 = 100k. that's my bad on the notation, i've updated the original post. so -4k is quite far from happy (-100k). similarly 200 is very distant to 100k (unhappy).

it's better to think of the negative stress values as the stress buffer that Toady talked about. having negative stress values essentially means they'll be able to deal with some trauma without it pushing their stress into dangerous levels.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:12:48 pm by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1929 on: December 17, 2014, 05:55:41 pm »

Love the new geld feature.  I have a slight improvement idea though.  Would it be possible to get columns in the animals tab for size, muscle level, and fat level?  That way we can more-easily do selective breeding for big, strong war dogs or big, fat livestock.
i'll have to look into it. i don't know what values may be available for muscle and/or fat.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1930 on: December 19, 2014, 03:50:51 pm »

40.20 layouts for win/linux

i've tested these only very briefly, but they seem stable.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 19, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »

Here is an OS X layout for 0.40.20 (Pull request)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 19, 2014, 09:33:03 pm »

Will the 4.20 layout work for 4.21?

HigginsObvious

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarven Engineer and Honorary Viking
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 19, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »

Will the 4.20 layout work for 4.21?

Seems to work fine. Been playing for about an hour and haven't run into any crashes with it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 19, 2014, 10:38:15 pm »

Really? What platform? Minor releases usually tend to shift offsets by a certain amount (e.g. +0x1000), particularly on Windows, but I suppose it's possible for the shift to be 0 in this case.

Edit: To clarify, layouts are only rarely compatible between DF versions. A 0.40.20 layout may work (at least partially) with 0.40.21, but that's unlikely to be true for future versions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:41:08 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 222