Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966928 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: more tooltips for newbies
« Reply #2055 on: January 16, 2015, 10:00:12 am »

Newbie Question (hope I got the right thread):

Is it possible to add "Tooltips" to the Headlines of Skills, Attributes etc? Would help newbies (like me) (especially not-english-natives)  a lot to have a tooltip in the programm what the Attribute etc is usefull for (or is it usefull at all... ) when looking at the Grid...  now I am struggeling with DF, DT and 100 Wiki-pages the same time -.-

after reading the manual I thought it should be change/addable in the game_data.ini, but (at least) my copy of DT from the Starter Pack doesn't have any ini  ??

Does anyone know where I can find the ini and what I have to change/add where (as far as I know, the old DT which comes with Masterwork 6.2 does have a /etc folder with the ini but the Starter Pack version does not have the folder)

or - even better: has someone a file with the Tooltips included made before?

Maybe it would be great to include such tooltips (even if the non-noobs wouldn't need them) to the DT per se as a help for newbies at all - guess it has only be done 1 time...
by 'headlines' do you mean the column headers?

there aren't really any descriptions defined in the game_data.ini, so overriding it won't help with that. can you give an example of what you'd expect to see in these tooltips?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #2056 on: January 16, 2015, 10:01:13 am »

It says:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Should now be fixed, i hope: http://bnw.ddns.net/mirror/df/dt/Dwarf-Therapist-40.24-1.7z
is this compiled from the most recent DF2014 branch's commit?

rx80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: January 16, 2015, 10:04:29 am »

It says:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

Should now be fixed, i hope: http://bnw.ddns.net/mirror/df/dt/Dwarf-Therapist-40.24-1.7z

It is. At least on my DF it works. Shouldn't it?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: January 16, 2015, 10:25:59 am »

Yeah, it works now. Thanks.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2059 on: January 16, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

It says:

for the most part... but you may want to backup your dwarf therapist.ini. if i was more certain everything was fine, i would have packaged up a release :P

there's still the aforementioned bugs which can corrupt your settings, custom views, etc. additionally, the gridviews have some new settings saved with them, so custom views may not be loaded properly if anyone uses this version, and then goes back to the past versions.

rx80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 16, 2015, 10:34:23 am »

It says:

for the most part... but you may want to backup your dwarf therapist.ini. if i was more certain everything was fine, i would have packaged up a release :P

there's still the aforementioned bugs which can corrupt your settings, custom views, etc. additionally, the gridviews have some new settings saved with them, so custom views may not be loaded properly if anyone uses this version, and then goes back to the past versions.

Thanks for your reply. I never used any of those features :) Other than that, it works fine.

Melax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: more tooltips for newbies
« Reply #2061 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:13 am »

Newbie Question (hope I got the right thread):

Is it possible to add "Tooltips" to the Headlines of Skills, Attributes etc? Would help newbies (like me) (especially not-english-natives)  a lot to have a tooltip in the programm what the Attribute etc is usefull for (or is it usefull at all... ) when looking at the Grid...  now I am struggeling with DF, DT and 100 Wiki-pages the same time -.-

after reading the manual I thought it should be change/addable in the game_data.ini, but (at least) my copy of DT from the Starter Pack doesn't have any ini  ??

Does anyone know where I can find the ini and what I have to change/add where (as far as I know, the old DT which comes with Masterwork 6.2 does have a /etc folder with the ini but the Starter Pack version does not have the folder)

or - even better: has someone a file with the Tooltips included made before?

Maybe it would be great to include such tooltips (even if the non-noobs wouldn't need them) to the DT per se as a help for newbies at all - guess it has only be done 1 time...
by 'headlines' do you mean the column headers?

there aren't really any descriptions defined in the game_data.ini, so overriding it won't help with that. can you give an example of what you'd expect to see in these tooltips?

Hi :)

Yes the column headers are the one..

hmm.. what I had in mind was something like:

• Judge of intent -->   important for trading, allows a broker to see how a trader feels about a particular deal.
  • Appraiser  -->  relates to trading and item value estimation, used (only?) by Broker

• Agility  --> This attribute increases the speed at which a creature works  -- a creature with maximum agility and strength can move around three times faster than a creature with minimum agility and strength.
  • Recuperation   -->  Increases the rate of wound healing.   
(ok, doesn't  look very usefull, but it is if it is not too time consuming)

Gregariousness  -->  enjoying the company of others  (I know, in the tooltips of the "stats" you can find most of the meaning, but...)

maybe Attribues/traits etc that are important could be named as such too like: Stress Vulnerability --> very important (if it is, I can't say -.-)

EDIT: basicly, just "what the hell, does this thing do" (if it is known)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:54:38 am by Melax »

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 16, 2015, 12:55:02 pm »

Hey, I know everyone is talking about 40.24, but does it work for 40.23 yet? And if yes, how do I get it to work?

rx80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 16, 2015, 01:46:22 pm »

Hey, I know everyone is talking about 40.24, but does it work for 40.23 yet? And if yes, how do I get it to work?

It does. You can use my build a few posts up, taking in mind the precautions to take that splinterz wrote.

fitzitz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 16, 2015, 02:29:23 pm »

It does. You can use my build a few posts up, taking in mind the precautions to take that splinterz wrote.

It's for 40.24 isn't it? Or does it work with 40.23 too?

EDIT: It seems to work for 40.23, thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:34:40 pm by fitzitz »

KaiserKlay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 17, 2015, 02:30:36 am »

So I just cannot get any version of DT to run for me and I am at my wit's end. Every time it tells me that it cannot talk to the version of DF that I am running, I can see that it is a checksum issue because it shows me the checksum I was running and the one it needs. But the problem is I have no god damn idea how to fix this, someone...halp.

txtsd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I have a quest!
« Reply #2066 on: January 17, 2015, 06:35:48 am »

So I just cannot get any version of DT to run for me and I am at my wit's end. Every time it tells me that it cannot talk to the version of DF that I am running, I can see that it is a checksum issue because it shows me the checksum I was running and the one it needs. But the problem is I have no god damn idea how to fix this, someone...halp.
Well, did you acquire an ini file for the version of DF that you're running and fill in the correct checksum?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2067 on: January 17, 2015, 06:53:18 am »

what version of DT, what version of DF, what O/S? are you using the legacy version?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 17, 2015, 08:08:41 am »

Well, did you acquire an ini file for the version of DF that you're running and fill in the correct checksum?
The checksums should already be filled in, so it's more likely a missing ini file.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

KaiserKlay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 17, 2015, 06:49:11 pm »

what version of DT, what version of DF, what O/S? are you using the legacy version?
I'm using the 30.1 version of DT with DF 40.19 (legacy, though I'm not quite sure what the difference is between SDL and legacy) on Windows 7 64 bit.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 222