Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966751 times)

Brightgalrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #2085 on: January 27, 2015, 11:21:39 am »

I think I have found a bug/crash.
Steps to reproduce:
  • Open Therapist
  • In Therapist's options make sure "Alert on lost connection" is un-checked
  • In Dwarf Fortress, embark in a new world and get to the "Prepare for Journey carefully" screen
  • Connect to DF in Therapist
  • In DF abort the embark attempt
  • Don't touch Therapist, leave the dwarfs from the attempt
  • Repeat step 3
  • Repeat step 4
  • Therapist should crash

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:05 am »

Will the thread title ever be updated to show that DT is compatible with 40.24, though there still seem to be some bugs?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

g2knee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: January 28, 2015, 09:30:15 am »

Will the thread title ever be updated to show that DT is compatible with 40.24, though there still seem to be some bugs?

I'd say this is significant.  Being able to use DT with the latest release of DF makes a big difference.  DF version 40.24 fixes some big bugs.

Dzlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: January 28, 2015, 10:57:06 am »

Hey guys.
I'm actually playing a lot of the older Dwarf Fortress 34.11
And I'm sort of new ish to Linux. I was wondering if someone could help me to get Dwarf Therapist working with the older version of DF.
I've never understood how this makefile thing works with qt-4 and stuff.
What would I download for this to work, and what would I do with the download?
Could I get it done with the splintermind version? I remember getting this to work a couple of weeks back but it wasn't letting me change proffession names and stuff.
Thanks, any help is much appreciated.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: January 28, 2015, 08:51:04 pm »

I'd say this is significant.  Being able to use DT with the latest release of DF makes a big difference.  DF version 40.24 fixes some big bugs.

Hold your horses, he's only human.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: January 28, 2015, 09:10:48 pm »

I think that the title refers to the most recent build on Github, which only supports 0.40.19 and below.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

dylancaspar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: January 29, 2015, 03:32:16 am »

hey guys,

i'm a complete newb to dwarftherapsit. never used it before.
i have a couple of questions..

1) is there a version (mac compatible) that works with the current DF (0.40.24)? if not, can i run an older version or will i encounter some serious issues?
2) how do i go about installing & running the program?

sorry, i know this is very simple stuff -- but i looked around a bit and seemed to turn up more questions than answers..

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: January 29, 2015, 04:06:20 am »

hey guys,

1) is there a version (mac compatible) that works with the current DF (0.40.24)? if not, can i run an older version or will i encounter some serious issues?

sorry, i know this is very simple stuff -- but i looked around a bit and seemed to turn up more questions than answers..
Looks like I haven't updated since 40.23, so easiest solution I can recommend is to grab the Macnewbie pack from my sig, Therapist included among others. Installation is like any other mac app: mount the .dmg and drag and drop the app. As for running: use the Macnewbie launcher.

dylancaspar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: January 29, 2015, 04:21:10 am »

hey guys,

Looks like I haven't updated since 40.23, so easiest solution I can recommend is to grab the Macnewbie pack from my sig, Therapist included among others. Installation is like any other mac app: mount the .dmg and drag and drop the app. As for running: use the Macnewbie launcher.

thanks a lot !

synyster31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: January 31, 2015, 08:08:22 am »

Im using the latest version of DT in the Lazy Newbie Pack but I don't seem to have wall/floor building labour option anywhere. Is this because DT is lagging behind the game version?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2095 on: February 01, 2015, 01:05:01 pm »

memory layouts have been around for a while, but i've finally had some time to package up everything and test a bit for stability. the new labors are added to the default views, custom cell coloring is possible now, and some bug fixes have been done. sorry for the delay, i've just been swamped with work lately.

Spoiler: 31.0 patch notes (click to show/hide)

@Brightgalrs: thanks for the detailed steps. this may have been fixed in this update, since i haven't been able to reproduce it yet. i'll keep testing it, but if you do, let me know the results.

Nice Save

• Bay Watcher
  • Suddenly:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:35 am »

I have a suggestion: An option to store the user settings file DT in the install directory, rather than AppData. This would let us have different settings for different DF installs.

I have an install of Masterwork that had a bunch of options set to match my preferences, but I'm also writing a guide to DF for newcomers so I wanted to start from the default DT settings. However, when I downloaded DT again it picked up all my options from the MW version, and I couldn't find where the settings were stored to back them up. I eventually worked it out because after I cleared user settings the path was in run.log, but by that time the settings were gone.

For that matter, it would be handy to have the settings path in the dialogue box when you select to clear user settings.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 02, 2015, 08:25:21 am »

Another suggestion: automatically download memory layouts that are available from Github but not locally. No difference for my pack since I have a script that does this, but a godsend to many players.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2098 on: February 02, 2015, 09:39:35 am »

Another suggestion: automatically download memory layouts that are available from Github but not locally. No difference for my pack since I have a script that does this, but a godsend to many players.
yes, i know.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: February 02, 2015, 10:27:18 am »

Wow! PeridexisErrant and splinterz in the same thread, talking to each other! It's like seeing Elvis and Santa chatting over a coffee! :D
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 222