Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968258 times)

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2115 on: February 18, 2015, 01:40:36 pm »

Does anyone have an guides on how to build Dwarf Therapist? I kinda suck at Linux, I usually use windows but right now i'm just stuck with a laptop that has ubuntu 14.04 on it.. If anyone can help me it would be great... :)

Edit: Nevermind, I wasn't doing anything wrong. It turns out it was Ptrace protection. Fixed DT not connecting with this: https://github.com/andrewd18/df-lnp-installer/wiki/Dwarf-Therapist-Cannot-Connect-to-Dwarf-Fortress
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:23:22 pm by nuget102 »
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 21, 2015, 03:41:09 pm »

Couldn't DT retain data on disconnecting from the fort? The data would still be useful to review without the ability to change it. When the game is shut down, all the information there is as up-to-date as it needs to be. The user would still need to reconnect when a fortress is running in memory again.

FukkenSaved

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 24, 2015, 11:36:22 am »

https://github.com/Fukken-Saved/dfhack/blob/master/plugins/autohauler.cpp
For a while I was using autolabor to manage only hauling labors, but it keep cutting out all labors for three dwarves and it did not encourage "real" jobs over hauling labors well enough. Autohauler, based on autolabor, is intended to be a real-time companion to Dwarf Therapist to handle only hauling labors. Testing and feature requests are appreciated, I might make a new thread for it later

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 24, 2015, 11:50:50 am »

I feel like an idiot for asking

Not at all. Not all features in every piece of software is documented. If it is it's not always easy to find. I do a lot of searching forums for key presses and such.

But...I spent all this time...

Sigh...

Since DFFD has moved, I'd suggest you to update the url in the sig with this new working one
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7889

And I will definitely read it!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

yxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:17 pm »

I got a question/sugestion, there is some way to enable in the tooltip on the name of the creatures, to show the proper description like the 'k' of DF ??

the tooltip in 'animals' tab currently has:
Caste:
Train Level:
Description: <general description - all dogs have the same>
-----

I cant see if the animal its fat for example besides of current size compared to age and MAX_SIZE of that creature in wiki, or read it in the description of every animal, but there isn't a column for this ?
and there are some other attrs that are lost (muscular=strength?, color hair, etc),
but I mainly care if it is fat

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2120 on: February 27, 2015, 10:45:49 am »

splinterz, I am encountering a display bug in DT, with regards to the symbol displayed for skill levels.  This bug only appears late in the 7th year of the fortress, for one or more dwarfs.  It is reproducible.  The save that displays the bug is at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10625.  The description for that file, which for some reason DFFD won't take, is as follows:

In Dwarf Therapist, this save displays the wrong icons for the fishing group of skills for the dwarf named Mafol Rigòthothlest, who is a Planter.  Although she is Dabbling in all three skills, the program displays the icons for Legendary.  It only began displaying them this way when Autumn of 1056 arrived, and it did it both times when I tried playing 1056 over again from the initial save for that year.  It also did this for several dwarfs in a previous fortress, on the same year.  More dwarfs were affected in that game.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: February 27, 2015, 03:02:29 pm »

Regarding DFFD, the accented character in Rigòthothlest could be a problem.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2122 on: February 27, 2015, 04:37:03 pm »

I got a question/sugestion, there is some way to enable in the tooltip on the name of the creatures, to show the proper description like the 'k' of DF ??

the tooltip in 'animals' tab currently has:
Caste:
Train Level:
Description: <general description - all dogs have the same>
-----

I cant see if the animal its fat for example besides of current size compared to age and MAX_SIZE of that creature in wiki, or read it in the description of every animal, but there isn't a column for this ?
and there are some other attrs that are lost (muscular=strength?, color hair, etc),
but I mainly care if it is fat
i'd have to look into the descriptions as i believe their pieced together based on the size/muscle/fat. i assume this is mainly for butchering purposes? if that's the case then what i'd like to do eventually is include butchering information for animals in the main tooltip and/or on the butcher column.

splinterz, I am encountering a display bug in DT, with regards to the symbol displayed for skill levels.  This bug only appears late in the 7th year of the fortress, for one or more dwarfs.  It is reproducible.  The save that displays the bug is at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10625.  The description for that file, which for some reason DFFD won't take, is as follows:

In Dwarf Therapist, this save displays the wrong icons for the fishing group of skills for the dwarf named Mafol Rigòthothlest, who is a Planter.  Although she is Dabbling in all three skills, the program displays the icons for Legendary.  It only began displaying them this way when Autumn of 1056 arrived, and it did it both times when I tried playing 1056 over again from the initial save for that year.  It also did this for several dwarfs in a previous fortress, on the same year.  More dwarfs were affected in that game.
thanks for the save, i see what you mean. it looks like it's something to do with the skill being at dabbling, but due to rust it drops to 0xp. so it's an edge case where they have 0xp and still have a dabbling skill (normally dabbling >= 1xp).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:49:23 pm by splinterz »

yxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »

i'd have to look into the descriptions as i believe their pieced together based on the size/muscle/fat. i assume this is mainly for butchering purposes? if that's the case then what i'd like to do eventually is include butchering information for animals in the main tooltip and/or on the butcher column.
ok, thanks for the answer,
Mainly its because of breeding, I want to separate first all the fat one (for the chickens/yaks) and the muscular (for the dogs), then breed those, but eventually everyone of them its going to my butcher hands :)

another suggestion, its posible to select an animal from the list and send it to one activity zone?, all animals have the same name in DF, and I cant see any of his properties (when you asign a creature to one activity zone).

also I have saw that my dogs (males one) have an male image, a blue one, sometimes for other male dogs the image its grey, and for the females, its pink for one and for others female dogs the image its grey, and in some weirds cases: they got two pink images, and case its one male-female image in pink color

I get the male blue image, female pink image... the other cases not :(, what those mean ??

thanks for your time and the app, its great =)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: February 27, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »

also I have saw that my dogs (males one) have an male image, a blue one, sometimes for other male dogs the image its grey, and for the females, its pink for one and for others female dogs the image its grey, and in some weirds cases: they got two pink images, and case its one male-female image in pink color

I get the male blue image, female pink image... the other cases not :(, what those mean ??

Grey symbol means the animal is asexual (and won't breed). A doubled symbol indicates the animal is exclusively homosexual, and won't breed. The combination male-female symbol indicates the animal is bisexual, and probably will breed.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #2125 on: February 27, 2015, 07:01:20 pm »

Regarding DFFD, the accented character in Rigòthothlest could be a problem.

That's probably it.  Thanks.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

yxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:06 am »

Grey symbol means the animal is asexual (and won't breed). A doubled symbol indicates the animal is exclusively homosexual, and won't breed. The combination male-female symbol indicates the animal is bisexual, and probably will breed.

wow sooo much information... now....... I know........ the future its uncertain

thanks alot for your answer =)) !!

lestmurphy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:12 pm »

On my version of DT, The labor skill Blacksmithing is missing.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 02, 2015, 01:53:28 pm »

Couldn't DT retain data on disconnecting from the fort? The data would still be useful to review without the ability to change it. When the game is shut down, all the information there is as up-to-date as it needs to be. The user would still need to reconnect when a fortress is running in memory again.

Uzu, Look under "File" menu for "Options," go to the "General" tab and uncheck "Alert on lost connection."

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 25, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

I've turned the "Display Labor Group Cells" off and on again, yet I do not have any boxes to click to turn labors for an entire group on and off, no matter what I do. Am I overlooking something?

Nevermind, I was looking at Roles. X)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:38:32 pm by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 222