Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966416 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2130 on: March 26, 2015, 10:54:55 am »

On my version of DT, The labor skill Blacksmithing is missing.

It's there for me in the newest version, but when looking over a dwarf and seeing the tooltip box, it says Metalsmithing, just as confusing as it is in-game.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Rinin_Rus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:20 pm »

It could be helpful for some people to have "sex" field in detailed dwarf description, because it's not so clear from pictures.
He has a lot of willpower,  but he has very little linguistic ability

fbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 06, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »

Just a minor issue: I noticed the kills of a dwarf are not updated on reread (ctrl-r), but on restart of DT.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:17 pm »

Is that is there a way to transfer custom jobs? Updated DT to DF:2014, and don't want to go through the hassle of remaking all my custom professions. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:55:34 am by nimbus25 »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 22, 2015, 05:47:42 am »

If I am not mistaken there is an option to export custom professions. I am not 100% sure what menu it is under and I don't have it on my PC right now to look but I recall it being pretty easy to find

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 22, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

Is that is there a way to transfer custom jobs? Updated DT to DF:2014, and don't want to go through the hassle of remaking all my custom professions. Thanks!

It's in the manual (if it exists---I don't remember anymore).
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Ravendarksky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • DFMon.exe - Get rid of DF SPAM
« Reply #2136 on: July 15, 2015, 04:17:09 am »

I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not but dwarfs have a red square and show as missing trousers when wearing high boots and mail shirts. While they aren't technically wearing trousers they actually don't generate bad thoughts from this.

Ploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:48 pm »

Using Dwarf Therapist v. 31.0.0 with DF version .40.24 on OSX 10.9.5. Text in the Dwarft Therpist window does not show; no job names, dwarf names, or tab names. The columns and skill boxes show, but no text, rendering the utility inoperable. Anyone else know about this or know of a fix?

Apologies if this is discussed upthread; it's a big long topic and I'm at my day job.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 31, 2015, 05:17:39 pm »

This report may be related (as well as others in that repo): https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/issues/187
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dvp2361

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 02, 2015, 12:51:37 pm »

Hello All,

I recently acquired a new Lenovo Yoga 11e Chromebook and have so far been pleased with the experience, except that it lacks any FULFILLING games. I learned to install crouton to allow a linux distro (I'm using Ubuntu - LXDE) to run alongside ChromeOS. I have been trying to get Dwarf Fortress up and running. The Lazy Newb Pack for Linux has so far worked. Graphics can be changed and displayed properly and DF seems to run smoothly. Dwarf Therapist also boots up properly.

My only issue so far is being able to get Dwarf Therapist to connect into DwarfFortress. I read this post: https://github.com/andrewd18/df-lnp-installer/wiki/Dwarf-Therapist-Cannot-Connect-to-Dwarf-Fortress and have followed the directions. I indeed have Ptrace running but for the life of me, I haven't been able to turn it off for Dwarf Therapist.

My terminal:

(precise)katie@localhost:~$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
(precise)katie@localhost:~$ cd ~/Downloads/DwarfFortress/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist
(precise)katie@localhost:~/Downloads/DwarfFortress/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist$ sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=eip DwarfTherapist
(precise)katie@localhost:~/Downloads/DwarfFortress/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist$ sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep DwarfTherapist
(precise)katie@localhost:~/Downloads/DwarfFortress/LNP/utilities/dwarf_therapist$

When I load up DF/DT they still have a problem connecting. =/

Can anyone provide some light upon what I'm doing incorrectly? Thanks. :) . I'm Using Beautato's Lazy Newb Pack 40.24 R3

***** 8/26/15 Update FIX: I couldn't find a way to easily enable ptrace for Dwarf Therapist. So I figured out how to enable ptrace for the entire computer. The risks are arguable, but I find that for my non-work, non-important entertainment laptop, I should be plenty safe from getting hacked.

How to check ptrace:
cat /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope  1=yes, 0=no

If 1, to disable ptrace protection on your system:
$ echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope

This worked for me and now my DF and DT are working flawlessly. Can you say YES to gaming on a chromebook? :]

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 11:49:34 am by Dvp2361 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: August 02, 2015, 01:20:02 pm »

Are you using that LNP or Beautato's?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 03, 2015, 02:46:05 am »

Is there any way to set Dwarf Therapist so that it doesn't show raw data?  I don't want to see raw values, numbers and such that aren't available to me in-game.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 05, 2015, 07:24:48 am »

I have a small problem with therapist on windows7. I'm playing on a netbook so the therapist window is maximized to use whatever bit of screen space I have. Every so often it "forgets" how big my screen is and extends the window further down, making the horizontal scrollbar inacessable behind windows' taskbar.

Toggling maximize resets things to normal. The problem seems to be triggered by doing random stuff in the therapist window itself, I never tabbed in to find it messed up but it happens all the time by clicking around in it, like every 20 clicks. Never saw it forget the horizontal size, only vertical has that problem.

Is there anything I can do to keep the therapist window size, besides not maximizing it in the first place?

Therapist 31.0.0 as it came with the starter pack, df in windowed mode, taskbar is default single height not set to hide, aero is on.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2143 on: August 09, 2015, 09:02:30 am »

I'm not sure if this is a known bug or not but dwarfs have a red square and show as missing trousers when wearing high boots and mail shirts. While they aren't technically wearing trousers they actually don't generate bad thoughts from this.
are you sure about this? everything i've read indicates that having a missing PANTS item results in a bad thought about being uncovered. for example people have reported that having robes on only counts as upper body coverage, and you'll still get bad thoughts about having the lower body uncovered. maybe it's different for armor?

i've poked around looking for anyone that's done science/testing but haven't found anything conclusive yet, so please let me know if you have such a resource, and/or upload a save exhibiting this behaviour. i'll try to test it myself.

Edit: I tested the coverage you described, with mail shirts and high boots, and the test dwarf was embarrassed about a week later due to being uncovered (missing pants).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:31:20 am by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2144 on: August 09, 2015, 12:10:25 pm »

Just a minor issue: I noticed the kills of a dwarf are not updated on reread (ctrl-r), but on restart of DT.
I couldn't reproduce this in version 31.0.

I have a small problem with therapist on windows7. I'm playing on a netbook so the therapist window is maximized to use whatever bit of screen space I have. Every so often it "forgets" how big my screen is and extends the window further down, making the horizontal scrollbar inacessable behind windows' taskbar.

Toggling maximize resets things to normal. The problem seems to be triggered by doing random stuff in the therapist window itself, I never tabbed in to find it messed up but it happens all the time by clicking around in it, like every 20 clicks. Never saw it forget the horizontal size, only vertical has that problem.

Is there anything I can do to keep the therapist window size, besides not maximizing it in the first place?

Therapist 31.0.0 as it came with the starter pack, df in windowed mode, taskbar is default single height not set to hide, aero is on.

What resolution are you running, and what does your DT layout look like (what docks are you using, and where are they docked)

It could be helpful for some people to have "sex" field in detailed dwarf description, because it's not so clear from pictures.
In the tooltip options you can toggle gender and orientation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:39:00 pm by splinterz »
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 222