Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968244 times)

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2145 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:05 pm »

window size probs
What resolution are you running, and what does your DT layout look like (what docks are you using, and where are they docked)
1366x768, changes, emotions and dwarf details docked on the right, most of the premade tabs for the main view... have a look. The pending changes listed were all the clicks it took to trigger the problem with everything freshly started. Seems to happen more often (only? not sure yet) from the roles tab.

edit:  the odd background of the stoneworker column seems to be an image compression effect, it looks normal here
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 12:35:16 pm by Rafatio »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:40 am »

Sorry, but where precisely is the game_data.ini file the manual talks about?  I need a peek at the Profession ID list within.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2147 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:11 am »

Sorry, but where precisely is the game_data.ini file the manual talks about?  I need a peek at the Profession ID list within.

https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2014/resources/game_data.ini

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 11, 2015, 12:28:38 pm »

Thanks, you're an awesome op splinterz. :)

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 13, 2015, 11:46:15 am »

first of, thank you so much for maintaining this, for forts of a large number of dwarves this tool is one of my 'must haves' to keep things organized.

on that note, is there an option (or plans to make one) to set burrows for your dwarves through therapist? I know squads are in, but can't seem to find anything with burrows.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2150 on: August 20, 2015, 09:23:05 am »

first of, thank you so much for maintaining this, for forts of a large number of dwarves this tool is one of my 'must haves' to keep things organized.

on that note, is there an option (or plans to make one) to set burrows for your dwarves through therapist? I know squads are in, but can't seem to find anything with burrows.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg5527956;topicseen#msg5527956

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: August 23, 2015, 01:04:31 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg5527956;topicseen#msg5527956
ahh, thanks for the answer. sorry for not searching thoroughly enough.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
Suggestion: add ability to set work animal ownership on DF Therapist
« Reply #2152 on: August 31, 2015, 10:12:05 am »

I like to have lots of hunting and war dogs assigned to my hunters, woodcutters and marksdwarves,

(why, you ask? That's why:)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

but setting their ownership is a pain in the bottombackpart because there's three screens you have to look at to
a) figure out what dwarves already have animals assigned to them;
b) pick a dwarf to assign an animal; and
c) actually assign the animal while already remembering if that fifteenth Urist McFancysurename you look at doesn't already owns work animals.

So, I was thinking about if it would be possible to have DF Therapist to handle this. That's the ways I envision:

It could be done in the "Animals" tab, by placing a dropdown button to each animal that is "pet-able", with which you would pick the dwarf that is to own it;

It could be on a new grid view that lists all dwarves, showing if they already have animals assigned to them and what are those animals and with dropdown buttons for each listed dwarf to pick a new animal from those available (preferable way, as it is less cumbersome to pick an animal for a dwarf than to pick a dwarf for an animal, specially in large fortresses, with the bonus of having a clear way to see if the target dwarf already have an animal assigned to him in a clear and easy way);

It also could be done via scripts, I guess (I'm an idiot about scripts and general programming language, I'm sorry), by sorting out all dwarves that are assigned as hunters/woodcutters/marksdwarves/any-other-profession-you-want-to-give-a-dog-to and do not have any work animals assigned to them, assigning to them a configurable number of hunting/war dogs/lions/wolves/bears/dragons/megabeasts/titans/whatevs (less work-to-be-done way, I guess);

Anyway, that's my suggestion, I hope it can be done, if it's not much to ask. And thanks for maintaining this wondrous tool that is Dwarf Therapist.

Edit: I completely forgot to search before posting, so if that's a repeated request, I'm so sorry. :-X
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:18:31 am by BadLeo »
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: August 31, 2015, 11:16:05 am »

Heya, thanks for keeping DT updated!
I recently got myself a notebook with ubuntu 15.04 on it, and have some trouble getting DT to run - I followed the build instructions and actually got it to start up once, but now I get a missing dependency "DwarfTherapist: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
I have libqt5qml5 installed according to my package manager, i am fairly newb at linux though. am I missing something?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: August 31, 2015, 11:45:34 am »

Sometimes that message means that a dependency of the library in question isn't present, rather than the library itself being missing, but your package manager should take care of that. You could try reinstalling libqt5qml, or finding libQt5Qml.so (in /usr/lib, /lib, etc.) and ensuring that there's a libQt5Qml.so.5 symlink present in the same directory.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 31, 2015, 12:14:29 pm »

Sometimes that message means that a dependency of the library in question isn't present, rather than the library itself being missing, but your package manager should take care of that. You could try reinstalling libqt5qml, or finding libQt5Qml.so (in /usr/lib, /lib, etc.) and ensuring that there's a libQt5Qml.so.5 symlink present in the same directory.
I found libQt5Qml.so.5 in usr/lib, so the file is definitely there. ummmm...whats a symlink? :D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: September 01, 2015, 08:33:26 am »

A symlink is essentially a shortcut/alias. For example, ncurses 5.4 would typically be installed on a Linux system as libncurses.so.5.4, with libncurses.so.5 and libncurses.so symlinked to it. This allows programs to use ncurses 5.4, ncurses 5.x, or any version of ncurses. Programs using the last two options can benefit if, say, ncurses 5.5 is installed and the symlinks are pointed to it instead, while programs using the first option don't have to worry about issues with newer ncurses versions.

Regarding your issue, what architecture (32/64-bit) is your system? What do "file /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5" and "file <path to DT>" return (when run in a terminal)?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: September 01, 2015, 09:08:34 am »

Regarding your issue, what architecture (32/64-bit) is your system? What do "file /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5" and "file <path to DT>" return (when run in a terminal)?
I'm running 15.04 64-bit.

> file /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5 returns
/usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open `/usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5' (No such file or directory)

which is *really* strange, because when I follow the path with the file manager, I see the file there. huh. should I uninstall and reinstall the package?

> file /usr/local/bin/DwarfTherapist returns
/usr/local/bin/DwarfTherapist: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=5f824a0254d09c11f185190d1d3ecfdf81eed667, stripped

The second one is mostly gibberish for me, but I really appreciate your help. Thanks :)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: September 01, 2015, 12:58:32 pm »

> file /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5 returns
/usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5: cannot open `/usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5' (No such file or directory)

which is *really* strange, because when I follow the path with the file manager, I see the file there. huh. should I uninstall and reinstall the package?
Okay, that's probably because libQt5Qml.so.5 is a symlink to something that doesn't exist (try "readlink /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5" and see if the path it gives you exists), so I'd try reinstalling that package. Also, you're using a 32-bit version of DT, so you'd need to install a 32-bit library for it to work (libqt5qml:i386 ought to work, assuming libqt5qml is the correct package name), or use a 64-bit DT build.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: September 01, 2015, 03:11:23 pm »

Okay, that's probably because libQt5Qml.so.5 is a symlink to something that doesn't exist (try "readlink /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5" and see if the path it gives you exists), so I'd try reinstalling that package. Also, you're using a 32-bit version of DT, so you'd need to install a 32-bit library for it to work (libqt5qml:i386 ought to work, assuming libqt5qml is the correct package name), or use a 64-bit DT build.

so readlink /usr/lib/libQt5Qml.so.5
doesnt return anything, no error, no path....strange.
gonna dig for the uninstall command for that qt5 package and see if it helps.
Not sure how to go about building a 64bit DT...i basically followed the instructions here: https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2014/BUILDING.rst
Even more confusing to me is that I got DT to runs successful (without connecting it to DF though) once, right after the installation - the reboot must've broken something in a really strange way...

edit: tried reinstalling qt5, didn't help :(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:31:38 pm by Achanei »
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 222