Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966956 times)

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2175 on: November 06, 2015, 07:09:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I'll try an earlier version of DT and see if that works.

Edit: Never mind, git hub's interface is a nightmare. I'll try one of the other utilities.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:11:53 pm by mross »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 06, 2015, 10:00:06 pm »

Edit: Never mind, git hub's interface is a nightmare. I'll try one of the other utilities.

If you're that attached to 40.05, http://df.wicked-code.com still hosts old starter packs with working DT and Mayday graphics ;)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:24 pm »

All of the releases available on GitHub are listed under "Releases": https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/releases. 26.0 might work with 0.40.05, or there could be older ones on DFFD that work.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 07, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

I figured out what my problem was, posting this here in case anyone in the future has the same and googles for it:

Using a Windows 8 touchscreen laptop, Dwarf Therapist will not respond to clicks from the stylus. You have to either enable the touchpad or use a regular mouse. Cause of bug unknown.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 09, 2015, 10:24:19 am »

Using a Windows 8 touchscreen laptop, Dwarf Therapist will not respond to clicks from the stylus. You have to either enable the touchpad or use a regular mouse. Cause of bug unknown.
Cause of bug is probably the first six words there.  Microsoft hasn't shown 8.0 much love since 8.1 was launched, and it will only get worse as adoption of 10.0 picks up.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 10, 2015, 12:58:27 am »

How's the guide holding up? Checking in for the first time in months.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 11, 2015, 11:15:34 am »

Cause of bug is probably the first six words there.  Microsoft hasn't shown 8.0 much love since 8.1 was launched, and it will only get worse as adoption of 10.0 picks up.

My bad, I double-checked and it is 8.1. Didn't realize there was that much of a difference between them.

dman11235

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 13, 2015, 03:12:20 pm »

Still having the issue.  I have no crash log to give, because it's not really crashing.  I'll be trying to use an older version of DF and DT this weekend when I have time to check stuff, but if anyone has had this issue before, please let me know.  It's almost like I run out of memory but I really shouldn't be, because I have so much available.  So if there's an issue with DF or DT (or both) where it takes more memory than it should (or maybe if there's a way to adjust how much memory it claims on startup?), please let me know.  I did attempt to look at memory usage during the issue, and while my memory (and processor) usage during was high, it wasn't maxing out.  I'm out of ideas on what needs to change to fix it, hence the last resort downgrading potentially this weekend.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2183 on: November 25, 2015, 08:48:11 am »

Still having the issue.  I have no crash log to give, because it's not really crashing.  I'll be trying to use an older version of DF and DT this weekend when I have time to check stuff, but if anyone has had this issue before, please let me know.  It's almost like I run out of memory but I really shouldn't be, because I have so much available.  So if there's an issue with DF or DT (or both) where it takes more memory than it should (or maybe if there's a way to adjust how much memory it claims on startup?), please let me know.  I did attempt to look at memory usage during the issue, and while my memory (and processor) usage during was high, it wasn't maxing out.  I'm out of ideas on what needs to change to fix it, hence the last resort downgrading potentially this weekend.
is this happening only with a particular fort? if so, upload the fort so i can take a look in more detail.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2184 on: November 30, 2015, 04:13:39 pm »

Version 32.0 Patch Notes

• moved the gridview controls (grouping, searching, population counts) to their own toolbar, which can be moved, hidden, etc.
  • changed the unit details dock to display skills, attributes, preferences, etc. in individual dock widgets instead of using tables/trees in a splitter.
  • updated some thought descriptions
  • updated/fixed skill_level functions for scripts and updated the documentation
  • added is_female() script function
  • removed alchemy from the hauling labours in the default view
  • fixed script functions for get_gender, get_orientation, trained_level
  • fixes an issue with rusted dabbling skills showing as legendary
  • fixed typos
  • fixes setting nicknames/professions on OSX (felliott)

The largest changes in this (hopefully) final release before the next upcoming DF version are to the user interface.

An outstanding issue with the 'dwarf details' dock was that with the ongoing additions of data (health, preferences, traits, roles, etc.) it was very impractical to try to show everything, and often only 2 or 3 rows of each table were visible. I wanted to move away from this design to something tabular, but still keep backwards compatibility for those who preferred to have a few specific tables shown. By default the new dock widgets will be configured in a tabular layout, but individual tabs can be pulled out and arranged however users would like.

Another issue was with the maximum size of the application being too large for some resolutions due to the way the docks, when attached to the sides, increased the minimum width of the application. The core issue here was with the grouping, searching and filter controls which contributed to the minimum possible width. These have been moved to their own toolbar, which can be moved to the bottom or appended to the toolbar with the main buttons.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:41:33 am by splinterz »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.32.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2185 on: November 30, 2015, 06:36:40 pm »

New update after 302 days!  Awesome, this is just in time to put in my final pack for 40.24 :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2186 on: December 01, 2015, 06:43:11 am »

New update after 302 days!  Awesome, this is just in time to put in my final pack for 40.24 :D
Sure, rub it in! Thanks for the release warning so I could get my shit together ;D

CEHA

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud to be Ukrainian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 02, 2015, 01:58:15 pm »

When the new stuff will be implemented from the latest version of DF ?  ;D

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 03, 2015, 09:52:51 am »

Dwarf Therapist uses a lot of the same memory mapping assets as DFHack, though not all of them.  I would expect a new Dwarf Therapist to be feasible at roughly the same time a new DFHack becomes feasible, but each utility has its own unique !!FUN!! bits that can randomize the release times.

splinterz, are you planning to release-as-soon-as-possible the current DT for 0.42, or are you going to take it offline until the new 0.42 features can be addressed?  I can respect either direction, just curious.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2189 on: December 03, 2015, 11:55:44 am »

Dwarf Therapist uses a lot of the same memory mapping assets as DFHack, though not all of them.  I would expect a new Dwarf Therapist to be feasible at roughly the same time a new DFHack becomes feasible, but each utility has its own unique !!FUN!! bits that can randomize the release times.

splinterz, are you planning to release-as-soon-as-possible the current DT for 0.42, or are you going to take it offline until the new 0.42 features can be addressed?  I can respect either direction, just curious.
I'll try to get a version up with new skills/professions/labours ASAP (still reliant on df-structures), and then see about other features.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 222