Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968423 times)

BoffoDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2013, 05:49:37 am »

I became addicted to the role tab for vanilla but when playing Meph's Masterwork Mod the role tab is nearly useless as it's obviously assuming info being read is vanilla.

Is there a way for me to edit the role tab so that the skills from the mod match up properly? I tried messing around with custom roles but I have no earthly idea how to incorporate custom roles into the roles tab nor how to delete outdated skills like "soaper"

Thanks for maintaining this fine utility.

kgb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »

The attributes and roles tabs (with regards to attributes) don't seem to work correctly on the embark screen. Has somebody else noticed this?
The attributes tab shows the information about the actual values in the tooltip on mouse over, but any values that are not in the middle of the range are shown simply as filled red boxes. After embarking everything is fine, there are black/small/large boxes, etc..
In the roles tab the ratings don't seem to be calculated correctly on the embark screen. The influence of attributes don't seem to work correctly, if at all. I tried changing e.g. Strength to weight 10 for the Miner role, but this does not affect the rating even on Strong/Very Strong/Mighty dwarves. Traits/Preferences seem to work correctly.
Another thing I tried was assigning a Strength weight of -1 to the Miner role, now this did change the rating. However, it went up the same for everyone.
The Raw Rating shown when editing a role also does not seem to correlate to the "X% fit for this role" number in the tooltip/dwarf details at all.

I like the new ideas this branch brought however and would love to see them work at embark.

Edit: After a crash of splintermind and DF when I tried to write and use a custom script to rate a role it suddenly worked. After another restart of DF/splintermind it didn't again. It also does not seem directly connected to the order/point in time when I start the embark screen and splintermind/DT.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:50:55 pm by kgb »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2013, 10:08:40 am »

I have had similiar issues w attributes not showing up properly. If u have dt open when u close a game. And reopen a new game. Dt doesnt load the attributes correctly. You have to close/reopen dt.  Hope that resolves the issue

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2013, 08:54:11 pm »

I'm just placing this here for now.

VJek's script "Armoks_blessing" which is uber cheaty, but hits upon his trait research...  We may have the inverse relationships off for specific traits.  Run the script, and you'll see a bunch of red traits for what is supposedly optimal...

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2013, 09:40:41 pm »

ResidentMario on reddit was wondering why therapist doesn't show raw values, or have an option for it.

I explained it doesn't because since skills are low at first, seeing all that negative didn't make much sense.

However, if one just disabled skills, then they would start to make sense (of course, why would you want to disable skills?)

However, it would also show a user how the roles directly compare with each other...

Either way, I explained one can see the raw values in the role editor.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2013, 11:37:34 am »

Hello Therapist-ites,

I've uploaded the draft version of a fairly extensive user guide for Dwarf Therapist 20.4 to the DFFD, here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7889. It covers all or as far as I can tell all of the features of the program except for the Labor Optimizer, which I'm still scratching my head at (Thistleknot  :) ). Would like some of you experienced therapist-ites to review it and give me some feedback or any corrections I should make.

Thanks.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2013, 01:23:14 pm »

Labor Optimizer in a nutshell

Total Jobs = Jobs Per Dwarf * # of Dwarf's
  (ex: 10 * 100 = 1000)

% Jobs to assign = Total Jobs * % desiring to assign.
  (ex: 80% of 1000 jobs, will only assign 800 jobs, some dwarf's will have filled up their Jobs Per Dwarf, i.e. 10, where-as 200 jobs will not be assigned, so some dwarf's will have less than 10 jobs per).  This is useful when you have dwarf's that are good at a lot of jobs, where-as some dwarf's just suck and are good at a few, and you want to use these few that don't have their max "Jobs Per Dwarf" reached for other things, such as a default hauling custom profession.

The ratio works like this
ratio for that job / (sum of ratio's) = % of the % Jobs to assign.
Ex.
Mining 3 ratio = 8.3% of jobs = 66 Dwarf's assigned to that labor
Woodcutting 1 ratio = 2.7% of jobs = 22 Dwarf's...
Masonry 2 ratio = 5.5% of jobs * 800 Jobs = 44 Dwarf's...
Rest of Jobs... total ratio = 30
Total Ratio: 36

There is a miner/woodcutter/ambusher check coded here
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3822047#msg3822047

It checks to make sure the # of (miners + woodcutters + ambusher; due to the equipping bug) < Population, else it reduces the ratio's of these labors to ensure they add up to population, and then adds to the total ratio for the rest of the jobs

Here is code on how a list of jobs is created based on a dwarf's role, and the priority of the job
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.msg3796316#msg3796316

hopefully the notes (i.e. //comments) help explain how it's loaded
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:13:49 pm by thistleknot »

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #262 on: August 14, 2013, 05:03:42 pm »

Is it possible to provide the ability to assign dwarfs to burrows from therapist?

Could there be an option to have the optimizer not change existing roles when it runs? For example, if the optimizer says there should be 3 miners, and one guy has mining already enable, he is one of those 3.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16:53 pm »

Found a bug that causes crashing. Right-clicking a dwarf and going into "Create Custom Profession from Dwarf", typing in something for the name, then using backspace to delete the characters crashes DT when you try to backspace the first character. Reproduced multiple times.

Seeing the same thing as well. Can't a hotfix be released or something?

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2013, 03:40:20 am »

I have a number of dead dwarves (16) showing up in DT. (DF 34.11 -- DT 20.4)

I was assigning nicknames to my laborers and noticed I couldn't find three of them in the games unit list. After a little investigating I found one who was dead yet DT shows him alive. He died in year 14 to a goblin crossbow bolt. It is now year 103. I assign all dwarves to a squad so they have a uniform and a few have no squad, the dead dwarves are among them. I expect all 16 are dead but I haven't verified each one.

Definitely a bug. I can upload a save if needed, but to where?

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 18, 2013, 06:28:09 pm »

The Dwarf Fortress File Depot is the go-to for DF file uploads.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:32 pm »

Is it possible to provide the ability to assign dwarfs to burrows from therapist?

Could there be an option to have the optimizer not change existing roles when it runs? For example, if the optimizer says there should be 3 miners, and one guy has mining already enable, he is one of those 3.

currently not supported (not sure whyd ud want to do that, edit: or how it really would work with the optimizer in it's current form) but u can run the optimizer on just the dwarves u select. So u could unselect that miner.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:31:35 pm by thistleknot »

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2013, 03:55:27 pm »

The User Guide is finished and uploaded to the DFFD:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7889

More or less awaiting feedback right now, I'm hoping this will be included in the next release, perhaps as a menu item in the "Help" taskbar header. :)

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2013, 12:35:54 am »

Almost forgot. :)

The save is uploaded here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7940

Info is in the description. Find a dead unit listed as No Squad in DT and search his/her name in stocks->corpses and you will be able to zoom to the units grave and body. Still listed as living in DT.

_Ivan_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2013, 01:44:58 pm »

I found something odd in DT's log file:

2013-Aug-30 13:36:26.454 DEBUG   core   Found migrant  "Zaneg Inethrôber" [src\dwarf.cpp:1121] (get_dwarf)
2013-Aug-30 13:36:26.454 DEBUG   core   FOUND DWARF "0x173c13e8" "Zaneg Inethrôber" [src\dfinstance.cpp:475] (load_dwarves)

If I'm not mistaken our little buddy Zaneg was a buggy merchant migrant who had to be tweaked with DFhack (tweak fixmigrant) so there could be a flag uncleared by DFhack or DT is reading it wrong. I did skim a bit over the sources but couldn't find the migrant entry. I have no clue about how DFhack handles migrant merchants so I leave it to you to solve. I suspect he's being loaded twice. One a dead refrence and one a buggy merchant refrence that is in limbo from DFhack but still loaded by DT.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 222