Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962499 times)

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2013, 05:42:00 am »

The attributes and roles tabs (with regards to attributes) don't seem to work correctly on the embark screen. Has somebody else noticed this?

I have the same problem. Role suitability used to be (and should be?) based on skills, preferences, and attributes; but now it no longer seems to use the attributes.

Just to test I made an embark with no skill points used, pre-embark screenshot below. For example, look at the mining column. Both pre- and post embark all dwarfs were 32% suitable as miners, even though they obviously vary on strenght etc. Only exception is Zon, who happens to like picks. After embark the situation remained unchanged, until I set one dwarf to mine out some soil, at which point suitability went up.

This is the same for other roles. For example, in another embark a dwarf that liked greaves was very suited for armorsmith but totally unsuited as a weaponsmith, even though they use the same attributes.

I use the version built manually from the splintermind-attributes repository. I've tried updating and even reverting to previous hg revisions and making again. I've tried quitting and reopening therapist. I use the latest vanilla DF version, both directly from the DF site and the prepackaged one with the phoebus tileset. This happens on do different computers, both running ubuntu+xmonad.

I really like using the roles screen for assigning dwarfs to labours (even though I'm not sure how much it matters), so it would be nice if I can somehow fix this?

Thanks!

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2013, 04:36:53 pm »

Dwarf Therapist appears to not be out of active development at the moment, so non-trivial bugfixes like this probably aren't going to happen anytime soon. :/
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #272 on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:17 am »

Dwarf Therapist appears to not be out of active development at the moment, so non-trivial bugfixes like this probably aren't going to happen anytime soon. :/
or is it... thanks for the work on the user guide by the way.

I found something odd in DT's log file:

2013-Aug-30 13:36:26.454 DEBUG   core   Found migrant  "Zaneg Inethrôber" [src\dwarf.cpp:1121] (get_dwarf)
2013-Aug-30 13:36:26.454 DEBUG   core   FOUND DWARF "0x173c13e8" "Zaneg Inethrôber" [src\dfinstance.cpp:475] (load_dwarves)

If I'm not mistaken our little buddy Zaneg was a buggy merchant migrant who had to be tweaked with DFhack (tweak fixmigrant) so there could be a flag uncleared by DFhack or DT is reading it wrong. I did skim a bit over the sources but couldn't find the migrant entry. I have no clue about how DFhack handles migrant merchants so I leave it to you to solve. I suspect he's being loaded twice. One a dead refrence and one a buggy merchant refrence that is in limbo from DFhack but still loaded by DT.
yeah there's an issue right now where migrants are automatically assumed to be alive, which apparently is not always the case. in your fort these dead dwarfs that are showing up have both the dead/ghost flags and the migrant flag. it should be fixed for the next update.

re: attributes in roles on embark - i haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but i will.

re: osx support - GiantUrist has a seemingly stable build, i just have to go through it all and merge the code. which is going to be great fun as i've hacked up everything for bug fixes and the health stuff  :P

i've taken an extended break from maintaining DT, but i'm working on it again to get some kind of a health view setup. i can't promise it'll have everything in the first iteration, but most likely it'll be a set of columns similar to the in game health overview, with tooltips showing wounds grouped by area, as opposed to listing each wound, and then the affected parts as it does in game. establishing columns for body parts/areas is more difficult than expected, especially for mods with playable races that don't have a typical humanoid/bipedal body structure.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

I'd love to see a proper fix for the traits...
currently high values are all read as good values.

But nervousness being high isn't a good thing.  having a low value is better.

One could edit the values using vjek's scripts rather quickly, and just be reading the descriptions of a 100 trait will tell you whether it's good or not.

It might just be easier (and i haven't looked into it), if you could just setup roles to use values of low or high values as being good.  I believe there is an inverse option in the role editor for traits.

CRAZY IDEA
I also have this crazy idea.

I've been reading about voting methods, like the condorcet method.  i'm not sure if attributes, traits, and skills could be used as a form of condorcet voting method to give a ranking of who is better at what job.

I think an example would be

Dwarf A Strength 1300; Trait 90; Skill 5 (level)
Dwarf B Strength 1400; Trait 50; Skill 3
Dwarf C Strength 900; Trait 92; Skill 6

Currently there is no way to compare a Strength to a Trait without converting to %'s... but maybe all the %'s could be added and compared to each other

I know they are converted to a %... and they are added (just like a condorcet method)...

Anyways, not sure if voting methods could improve rankings of dwarfs for jobs
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:44:23 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2013, 09:33:04 am »

i'll look into how the traits are being drawn. roles shouldn't be an issue as you can invert them by using negatives (ie. -strength = low strength is better). the included weak lawdwarf role is an example of that.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 18, 2013, 10:12:07 am »

I'm having a weird bug with Therapist, when I alt-tab it sometimes locks my mouse in the top left corner of the screen. No matter what I do it returns there a few times. Then it stops.

I haven't found anything with the Search, but I can't be the only one that's experiencing it?

edit: Nobody??? I have to alt-tab all the time to use the Therapist, and every second time I can't even tab back into the game, because clicking on the game tab is sending the mouse cursor into the upper left corner of the screen.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:11:29 pm by Blue_Dwarf »
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:55 am »

I'm having a weird bug with Therapist, when I alt-tab it sometimes locks my mouse in the top left corner of the screen. No matter what I do it returns there a few times. Then it stops.

I haven't found anything with the Search, but I can't be the only one that's experiencing it?

edit: Nobody??? I have to alt-tab all the time to use the Therapist, and every second time I can't even tab back into the game, because clicking on the game tab is sending the mouse cursor into the upper left corner of the screen.

Hmm it looks like it isn't caused by the Therapist after all. Running vanilla DF without Therapist also produced it. I'm going to repost it into the bug section.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »

well here's a little preview of what's coming with the health stuff:

• on the bottom left side, you'll see a section in the dwarf details with a breakdown of various health information
  • the grid in the middle will be the default health view i'll include. i'll probably move the columns into groups though. column cells show the most severe symbol
  • the tooltip shown is what you'll see when you hover over a health cell. the relative information is highlighted in the color of the item in the full summary.
  • on the bottom right side is a legend of all the health symbols and their descriptions. additionally clicking on an item will filter the displayed dwarfs to those that have the selected wound/status/treatment.

i've also added a group by option for wounds, and additionally i'll be adding in options to controls colors, using symbols over descriptions, and adding the health information to the default tooltip when you hover over a dwarf's name.

so if anyone has any additional ideas or suggestions let me know!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 03:41:15 pm by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2013, 05:13:02 am »

Yeah, you are back :)

Suggestions: How about a military equip or uniform template option? Its probably a big project, but the ingame system gets very complicated if you have a lot of dwarves and a lot of items/Materials. You already read out weapon raws and compare them, and issue labors,  so can you not do equipping too?

A tab with "Military", rightclick on dwarf, assign "full metal armor", or "custom armor set 1", things like that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vanatteveldt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2013, 06:43:49 am »

Yeah, you are back :)

Suggestions: How about a military equip or uniform template option? Its probably a big project, but the ingame system gets very complicated if you have a lot of dwarves and a lot of items/Materials. You already read out weapon raws and compare them, and issue labors,  so can you not do equipping too?

A tab with "Military", rightclick on dwarf, assign "full metal armor", or "custom armor set 1", things like that.

+1. I find military equipment one of the most difficult things to get right, at the moment.

For another project, a better stocks interface linked to the manager and/or workflow would be quite nice, i.e. where you can easily see how many 'pig tails' there are, and just click "process to thread". But since that is not dwarf-based I guess it would be out of place in the therapist...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2013, 09:34:33 am »

Thats sounds more like workflow and flaconnes area of expertise.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2013, 11:43:43 am »

Splinterz,

Nice work!

Is there a way to add some filter capability for some of the health status.

Currently I simply exclude wounded dwarf's from some placeholder labors that I use to mark fitting combat dwarf's.

However, I don't really know what that means.  If a dwarf's ability to grasp is affected, this is pretty much one of my main concerns.  I could write a filter script that automatically filters based off of this condition vs-= using the optimizer's exclude wounded dwarf's.

So I was wondering if something like

d.dwarf_status()!=woundstatus(17)

woundstatus(17) being ability to grasp is gone

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2013, 11:50:48 am »

@Meph: the best i could do would be to show what equipment a dwarf has equipped, and even that would be limited. since DT isn't based off of dfhack, it can't add new stuff. there may be some other possibilities (modify an existing uniform) but i'll have to look into it in more depth.

@vanatteveldt: i agree with Meph, this sounds like exactly what falconne has already created. check out his plugins.

@thistle: yes this will be possible, as i'm already doing this kind of filtering when you select an item from the 'health legend' area. in fact, not only can you filter by specific problems (cannot grasp), but you'll be able to filter by entire groups (grasp problem group = can't grasp, grasp impaired).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 11:52:34 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2013, 01:09:13 pm »

In that case I'd say: Keep working on the medical screen. You know best what you can do and what not. ;)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2013, 04:30:17 pm »

Wonderful; I've been proven wrong.  :D

Splinterz, you should take a look at http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7880 and http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7927.

In terms of active development, I think allowing "multi-labor" single-box toggling (ae. a "hauling" column to toggle all of the hauling labors at once) would be a wonderful near-term addition.

I thought about maybe helping out but I only have a novice's experience with C++, looked at the source code and said to myself "ah, who am I kidding."
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 222