Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962351 times)

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2715 on: August 12, 2016, 01:49:24 am »

ok. ~2-6 months  ;)

Thank you both.

I'm going to continue with the current version. Still trying to get my head around some of the game mechanics anyway, so I don't want to also muck around with also taking into account prior game versions, but making up my own dwarf tables is bloody time consuming :D

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 12, 2016, 12:49:25 pm »

I'm not that much of a DT developer, really - I mostly just provide DT memory layouts by running scripts.

DFHack is coming along well, both with 32-bit and 64-bit 0.43.05 support (except no 64-bit Linux offsets yet). We can definitely have a prerelease out in less than that time, if not a full release. I don't know about DT, though - last I checked, there wasn't any 64-bit support, and I'm not really familiar enough with its memory access to work on it much.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 12, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

I'm not that much of a DT developer, really - I mostly just provide DT memory layouts by running scripts.
I think that seems like a pretty important job. The memory map is a vital component of Dwarf Therapist.

DFHack is coming along well, both with 32-bit and 64-bit 0.43.05 support (except no 64-bit Linux offsets yet). We can definitely have a prerelease out in less than that time, if not a full release. I don't know about DT, though - last I checked, there wasn't any 64-bit support, and I'm not really familiar enough with its memory access to work on it much.
I didn't consider that the DFHack app itself would need to be updated to recognize 64-bit memory address maps or whatever.

Would it actually need to be a 64-bit app, or does it just need to be taught how to read a 64-bit memory map?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:33:00 pm by jecowa »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 12, 2016, 02:49:55 pm »

DFHack needs to be the same architecture as DF because it's basically a library that gets loaded by DF (in different ways on different platforms). You can't load a 32-bit library in a 64-bit program or vice versa. DT isn't bound by the same restrictions because it runs out-of-process.

Also, DFHack doesn't really "read memory maps", at least not in the way DT does. We have structures defined in XML, but those are translated to C++ headers before DFHack gets compiled, so DFHack doesn't have to interpret them at all. There is symbols.xml, which DFHack reads at runtime, but that's because (a) there's no speed difference between reading addresses from symbols.xml and baking them into the DFHack executable (at least besides a little delay at startup) and (b) putting them in symbols.xml makes them really easy to change.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 13, 2016, 08:59:22 am »

Now that there are both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of DF, will there need to be both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Therapist?
If so, are there plans to support both? My DF machine is XP so it's 32-bit only for me.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.35.0 | DF 42.04
« Reply #2720 on: August 14, 2016, 01:56:21 am »

Now that there are both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of DF, will there need to be both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Therapist?
If so, are there plans to support both? My DF machine is XP so it's 32-bit only for me.

Yes, there will need to be 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Dwarf Therapist. I think a 64-bit version of Dwarf Fortress is being developed. It looks like Splinter plans to support 32-bit Windows as long as Bay12Games does.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 25, 2016, 09:30:41 am »

Just fired up Dwarf Therapist again (new fort) after a prolonged abscence.  The 'Hauling' Superlabour appears not to exist in 37.0.  Changed my custom gridview not to use it anymore (since I now have more screen space) but I noted that it was also broken for the Labour Compact default.

---------------

On an entirely separate note does anyone have some tips for coordination between DT and DF for livestock.  I want to dabble a bit in breeding (birds) in this fort but have memories that in the past I had trouble finding the same bird in each application.  Long story short I want to be able find the bird I have picked in DT (so I can pick for size/characteristics) in DF to assign it to pasture.  I remember having some difficulty in the past...

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 25, 2016, 07:15:14 pm »

On an entirely separate note does anyone have some tips for coordination between DT and DF for livestock.  I want to dabble a bit in breeding (birds) in this fort but have memories that in the past I had trouble finding the same bird in each application.  Long story short I want to be able find the bird I have picked in DT (so I can pick for size/characteristics) in DF to assign it to pasture.  I remember having some difficulty in the past...
That has been a pain for me in the past as well.
It would be great it you could carry over nicknames, but that doesn't appear to be a thing...

The only way I could thing you might do it is if you set one animal for butcher, hopped to DF and found the animal and put them in the pasture before removing the butcher tag.
I hope that helps. :-\

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:27 pm »

PTW
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 26, 2016, 05:21:05 am »

Is there a way to find out (in DT) what gods a dwarf worships?  If there is not could this feature be added (easily)?  Or is/will there be a better way to figure out quickly how many of my 200 dwarfs worship which gods?  I realise there is little gameplay significance at this point, but still the little ones must be appeased...   :P

Chimerat, yes designating for butchering is a thought; not too bad while numbers are small.  (But even finding one turkey amongst 20+, argh!)  Glad to see I am not alone with the problem.

xDadinho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: August 26, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »

Hey guys, just a minor question here, i'm looking for the most stable version of the game possible and I couldn't run DT along with the legacy version, is there a way to get around that?

Also, would love to see that feature added in feelotraveller, matter of fact I would love to see more exploration on the whole god "system" itself by the game
-= Here we have a cave dragon recruit in a pile of vomit=-

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 26, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »

To get Dwarf Therapist to work, you need to download a slightly older version Dwarf Fortress - v0.43.03.

Then you need to manually update an ini file. Instructions here - https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

xDadinho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »

To get Dwarf Therapist to work, you need to download a slightly older version Dwarf Fortress - v0.43.03.

Then you need to manually update an ini file. Instructions here - https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts

My bad, forgot to mention, i was using the v0.43.03 legacy version with the correspondent memory layout (manually updated of course) and I wasn't able to run, however when i used the SDL version everything worked fine.

What I was wondering is, if it's possible to run DT using the legacy version?
-= Here we have a cave dragon recruit in a pile of vomit=-

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 26, 2016, 08:10:29 pm »

No, it's not possible to use DT with the legacy version.

(also, I just updated the starter pack to fix a missing memory layout)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:21 pm »

There are no memory layouts for the legacy version, partly because DFHack does not support it. You will need the SDL version to use DT.

Also, hopefully you haven't saved if you used a DF version newer than 0.43.03, because saves can't be backported (although they can easily be transferred between different builds of the same DF version).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:38:29 pm by lethosor »

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 222