Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967231 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2745 on: September 18, 2016, 04:10:31 pm »

64-bit has thrown all the utilities for a loop.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 18, 2016, 04:27:33 pm »

is splintermind on haitus, gone, or quietly toiling away?  No updates to github since July 19th, no posts in this thread since August..

This is the one utility I need above all else!

I think they might be waiting until there are 64-bit memory maps available to make testing easier.

quote from Dwarf Therapist 64-bit support thread:
Quote from: splintermind
I've started work on this in the x64 branch. I'm not sure what adjustments need to be made in the pro for the qmake stuff yet though. Testing has been limited without offsets yet, so there will be more work for sure.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 18, 2016, 04:34:56 pm »

Um, the DT devs are usually the ones who create DT memory layouts. Maybe I'm misunderstanding?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 18, 2016, 04:36:10 pm »

I thought DFHack had a button that made DT layouts, but you would know better than me. Don't you make the DT layouts, lethosor?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 18, 2016, 09:54:34 pm »

I run scripts that DT devs (mostly) have written to generate layouts on OS X sometimes. That's basically all I do with DT. Anyone else could do it.

The issue here is that 64-bit support in DT is incomplete. Without that, 64-bit memory layouts aren't very useful. People working on 64-bit DT would be able to generate layouts if not having layouts were the only obstacle.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 18, 2016, 11:00:01 pm »

Pretty sure splinterz is just showing admirable wisdom; account was active on the forum this very day.

In the meantime to keep nagging away-

I can't add preferences for Books (okay they're a bit bugged at the moment... but one day), Bookbindings and -start dwarven riot- Goblets to roles.  (If I'm being dumb and can please advise. ;D)

Given that new content is quite forseeable in Dwarf Fortress over the medium term might it be worth building the list of possible preferences on the fly from -what I presume- is read in the memory layout?  (Perhaps having sublistings in folders corresponding to what I take to be the DF memory tree.)  For example currently therapist displays books and goblets (at least) as preferences in dwarf details so the data is already read by the program for that purpose.  Having a couple of useful categories like Cloth or Sheets and so on beyond that is a definite bonus.  Although I can imagine there might be a fair amount of work involved in (re)writing that (presumably) once it's done it would be automatic for new content?

Of course a definite down side is that I would have less to nag about.   :P

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:21 pm »

To sort of answer Chimerat from a month ago: You can use the DFHack naming function to give nicknames to creatures (as well as levers, etc.), and those nicknames will be visible in DT as well. Without DFHack you're out of luck, though (it's probably the DFHack feature I'd most like to see rolled into the vanilla version).

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 23, 2016, 01:21:47 pm »

To sort of answer Chimerat from a month ago: You can use the DFHack naming function to give nicknames to creatures[...]

Thanks! :)
Anywhere I can go to see how that works?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 23, 2016, 01:29:40 pm »

Select whatever you want to name and then press ctrl-shift-n to bring up the dialogue.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 23, 2016, 01:33:29 pm »

Select whatever you want to name and then press ctrl-shift-n to bring up the dialogue.
Okay, thank you.
I'll try to remember that next time I play.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 23, 2016, 01:41:28 pm »

That's equivalent to running "gui/rename" with something selected, by the way (good to know if the keybinding isn't set up or is set up differently).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 23, 2016, 04:13:41 pm »

Thanks, useful to know!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 25, 2016, 02:29:14 am »

Thanks all, that solves my problem.  Mind you a two-step solution.  Pity DT doesn't pass nicknames back to DF...

g2knee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 27, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »

Does the new "breakthrough" for DF Hack have any bearing on DT being brought up to the latest version?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.msg7190743#msg7190743

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 27, 2016, 01:19:55 pm »

I guess now that the 64-bit Windows version of DFHack will launch, now it's possible to find the memory offset / memory layouts for the 64-bit Windows version. I think the memory layouts for everything are still not mapped yet.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think Lethosor had been using and making updates to some scripts to generate the DT memory layouts in the past, but with this new version, the scripts are completely out-of-date and need to be re-written.

With an almost-fully-functioning DFHack, the Dwarf Therapist team will probably have an easier time and maybe more motivation to try to make updated memory layouts for DF v0.43.05. I think there might still be some updating to do on the DT app itself to make it work with the 64-bit versions of Dwarf Fortress. So I'm wondering if we may see it updated to work with 32-bit Dwarf Fortress v0.43.05 before we see it working with 64-bit DF v0.43.05.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 222