Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968142 times)

DanielCoffey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2820 on: October 16, 2016, 01:48:34 pm »

DF : 0.43.03
DT : 37.0 (LNP Linux)

I have just had an issue with DT where my Custom Professions are not being displayed in the main grid view of DT. Have I disabled that view somehow?

This morning when I set them up, everything was fine. I could see the Custom Professions in the lower right window and my starting seven dwarves were correctly showing under their groups (albeit only one dwarf per Profession of course). After a couple of hours of playing, stopping and restarting I noticed that DT was showing no Dwarves even after a reconnect. I exited both DT and DF and cleanly restarted both apps. I then saw the Custom Processions not visible in DT.

All Dwarves in the main game are still correctly labelled and functioning as expected but DT won't show me the groups in the grid view. I now have my first wave of migrants and hope to assign them to my Custom groups.

Any ideas?

EDIT : RESOLVED - I had accidentally changed the Grid Filter from Profession to None. Setting it back to Profession restored the Custom Profession labels.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:09:25 pm by DanielCoffey »
Caselabs S8 : Intel i5-12600K / 64Gb DDR4 3600 / Asus 1080 Ti / Samsung 980PRO 1Tb / Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX1200i / APC SMT1500I / Windows 11

Caselabs X2M NAS 24Tb : Intel i3-8300 / 32Gb DDR4 3000 / ASUS ROG Strix H370-I / 4x WD Red 8Tb, Samsung 960PRO 1Tb / Corsair AX860i / APC SMT1000I / unRAID Plus 6.11.5

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: October 17, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

I'm a newbie DF player and I've been playing a DF 43.05.win version world which I want to continue playing with, however with 100+ dwarves it's a headache to manager existing occupants & any new arrivals ... I really want to be able to use DT sometime soon.

From the sounds of it you've got it working with the 32bit version but not the 64bit version

I need to ask a few questions - apologies for my computer illiteracy on these matters.

(1A) Is it possible, and (1B) would there be any problems with, transferring my existing 64bit game save to use in the 32bit game version?

(2) What do I do with this 32bit .ini fix? Am I supposed to replace an existing file with it? Do I name the file anything in particular? Do you just use notepad, or is there particular software.

(3) If I could transfer the 64 bit save to the 32 bit game, would there be any difficulties trying to transfer it back to use on the 64 bit game again once DT gets updated for 64 bit?

Many thanks for any assistance.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: October 17, 2016, 05:20:34 pm »

(1A) Is it possible, and (1B) would there be any problems with, transferring my existing 64bit game save to use in the 32bit game version?
Yes, and probably not. You should check to make sure your save isn't taking up multiple gigabytes of memory when it's loaded. If it is, 32-bit DF could crash if you load the save (or be on the verge of crashing if memory usage increases). That should be pretty unlikely, though.

(2) What do I do with this 32bit .ini fix? Am I supposed to replace an existing file with it? Do I name the file anything in particular? Do you just use notepad, or is there particular software.
Save it as a new file to the appropriate folder listed at https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts. Ideally you should name it similarly to the existing one for 0.43.03 or whatever versions you have already.

(3) If I could transfer the 64 bit save to the 32 bit game, would there be any difficulties trying to transfer it back to use on the 64 bit game again once DT gets updated for 64 bit?
Probably not. Since 64-bit DF can use more memory, the memory usage shouldn't be an issue the other way around.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Kat1e

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: October 18, 2016, 12:38:26 am »

Yes, and probably not.
Cheers for your response lesthosor.

==============

Works beautifully  8)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:07:02 am by Kat1e »

Chaosegg

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch what is done more than what is said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:01 am »

Attached below is a valid INI file for Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05-win32 which should work in Dwarf Therapist v.37.0:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took me a while to get a valid INI file - for whatever reason, the "devel/export-dt-ini" command was totally broken and completely ignored ASLR, thus producing bogus offsets that didn't work.
Just tested out an embark using that memory layout in Therapist 37, and it seems to work beautifully with 43.05 win32 ! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
DL links I used for quick reference:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12334 43.05 win32 files and some other stuff that could be useful
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11349 I installed this (latest?) Ironhand over top the above 43.05 win32 and so far it seems to be working fine

One difference I noted immediately is that certain social skills are showing up in the Therapist embark screen now in 43.05,
where as in 43.03 the dwarves were blank slates with no skills in the embark...
I can't remember, is this normal?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:41:19 am by Chaosegg »
***Likes 'green' airships for their efficiency.***
Creative seeking other creative TTRPGers to join, or join me, for  immersive, fun, creative, team-crafted stories. Setting flexible; mostly sci-fi &/or fantasy (I know SW, MiddleEarth, DnD, & ST best, but Ulisses Spiele & Cypher System high on list too. There are a few other niche sys. like DCC, a homebrew 3.5 or Pathfndr I/II; But at this point I'd even DM or play a well-run 5e game. Let the ideas flow, and never forget the 4 pillars of an RPG!

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:03 am »

Social skills?  I have not seen that with 43.03 or earlier.  (Haven't played with 43.05)

Dwarfs in 43.03, and earlier, sometimes get random performance skills that are visible in the embark screen, at least in the tool tips, or if you set up grid views to see those skills. 

(Pretty sure the starting 7 in my current fort are a retired performance troupe - 6 of the 7 have 2-3 skills of 1-3 levels in music and dance.  That they are all friends/friendly acquaintances just seals the deal, at least for my narrative...  ;))

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: October 20, 2016, 07:34:45 pm »

I've played with the 0.43.05 layouts for a while. They work well, but one time Therapist refused to connect to a running game. I restared DT several times and it crashed each time. I ran DF with the DFHack beta alongside, so it could very well be that the other tool is at fault. Or neither? I'm posting it here anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: October 20, 2016, 08:46:22 pm »

That's DT crashing, right? I think it's unlikely that DFHack would cause just DT to crash.

It sounds like DT crashes every time, but it also works well, so I'm kind of confused. Did the crashes just start happening after it failed to connect once? Did you make any layout changes then?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: October 20, 2016, 09:12:39 pm »

DT has worked fine a number of times. But one time as I was playing, it ceased to work suddenly and a restart of DT produced crashes every time. Saving the game and restarting DF made DT once again run and connect as expected.

Aelius51

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 03, 2016, 08:01:44 pm »

I may have encountered a bug of some sort. On the "Labours Full" tab, I right-click on Glassmaking and set it to sort by Role Rating. I then left-click on Glassmaking to refresh the sorting, and I also click "Read Dwarves" (just in case). But the dwarves are not sorted by their role rating. I see 97.34%, then 50.70%, then 53.95%, and so on down the list with no apparent sorting at all.

But the strangest part is... this only seems to apply to Glassmaking. I tested most of the other labours and they all correctly sorted by role rating, accurate down to the second decimal.

But another strange thing is that it does sort Glassmaking correctly by role rating on the Roles tab rather than the Labours Full tab, as long as you click Glassmaking while on the Roles tab.

The image below is what I see when sorting by Role Rating on the Labours Full tab.

The image below is what I see when changing to the Roles tab but not re-doing the sort. Notice how the numbers show that it's obviously not sorting correctly. Also notice how the names are all in the same location as in the previous image, suggesting that it's kept the sort results from the sorting done on the Labours Full tab.

The image below is what I see when clicking "Glassmaking" once again, but this time now that I'm on the Roles tab. Notice how it correctly sorts

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 05, 2016, 11:17:59 pm »

construct wall/floor labor

(see http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161409.msg7250977#msg7250977)

how do i get this labor?  I imagine I must have overwritten something, because I can't seem to assign this labor anymore

edit:

derp, it's a hauling labor
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:30:20 pm by thistleknot »

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 07, 2016, 03:16:48 am »

Hey guys,

I really tried to find it on my own, but I seem to be too elvish for that.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for linux 43.05 layout?

Thanks
Couchmonster

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 07, 2016, 04:09:42 am »

I don't think there is one.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 11, 2016, 05:25:20 am »

I may have encountered a bug of some sort. On the "Labours Full" tab, I right-click on Glassmaking and set it to sort by Role Rating. I then left-click on Glassmaking to refresh the sorting, and I also click "Read Dwarves" (just in case). But the dwarves are not sorted by their role rating. I see 97.34%, then 50.70%, then 53.95%, and so on down the list with no apparent sorting at all.

But the strangest part is... this only seems to apply to Glassmaking. I tested most of the other labours and they all correctly sorted by role rating, accurate down to the second decimal.

But another strange thing is that it does sort Glassmaking correctly by role rating on the Roles tab rather than the Labours Full tab, as long as you click Glassmaking while on the Roles tab.

The image below is what I see when sorting by Role Rating on the Labours Full tab.

The image below is what I see when changing to the Roles tab but not re-doing the sort. Notice how the numbers show that it's obviously not sorting correctly. Also notice how the names are all in the same location as in the previous image, suggesting that it's kept the sort results from the sorting done on the Labours Full tab.

The image below is what I see when clicking "Glassmaking" once again, but this time now that I'm on the Roles tab. Notice how it correctly sorts

you sorted by skill/role glassmaking and it sorted as good as possible with descending skill.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 11, 2016, 11:30:57 am »

Linux 64-bit now 'working' with https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist (use cmake) and https://gist.github.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9. Only Social and Attributes panes load right, and it'll probably fuck up your DT ini, but if you just want to view the basic biographical information it'll probably work. Recommended only for DF/DT veterans, if it breaks you get to keep both pieces.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 222