Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962325 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2013, 03:37:36 am »

Your Dwarf Therapist fork is a wonderful tool, Splinterz!  Now like everybody else, I have a complaint.  :D

Something that has become an issue for me in a "Single-Pick Evil Tundra" challenge-game is that waves of migrants will be regularly massacred by hordes of the undead on the surface. 

This results in a large "missing" population which shows up in DT's population count.  Since the corpses reanimate, there is no way for these unfortunate dwarves to be "found dead", and so there is a steadily growing population of non-existent dwarves that show up in Dwarf Therapist.

I've had no luck filtering by custom profession, and have resorted to simply sticking them into squads called "Missing Dead".

Is there any way that dwarves who are officially "Missing" (as shown on the Missing/Dead Unit list) could be properly pruned from DT's displayed population?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2013, 05:42:07 am »

Your Dwarf Therapist fork is a wonderful tool, Splinterz!  Now like everybody else, I have a complaint.  :D

Something that has become an issue for me in a "Single-Pick Evil Tundra" challenge-game is that waves of migrants will be regularly massacred by hordes of the undead on the surface. 

This results in a large "missing" population which shows up in DT's population count.  Since the corpses reanimate, there is no way for these unfortunate dwarves to be "found dead", and so there is a steadily growing population of non-existent dwarves that show up in Dwarf Therapist.

I've had no luck filtering by custom profession, and have resorted to simply sticking them into squads called "Missing Dead".

Is there any way that dwarves who are officially "Missing" (as shown on the Missing/Dead Unit list) could be properly pruned from DT's displayed population?
i believe that's the same issue i responded to here. however, if you've got a save you can upload to dffd, i'd be happy to have another test sample to verify the fix will work for this case as well.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:41 am »

I wasn't sure if it was the same or not.  However, I just compared the Missing dwarves from the unit list with the dead who appear in Dwarf Therapist, and the error applies only to dead migrants.

I'll try to get the save uploaded so you can have more material to test with.  Will the fact that I've given all the missing dwarves a custom profession interfere with anything?

Ok, here it is!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7998
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:20:34 am by Hans Lemurson »
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2013, 10:37:18 am »

The updated LNP by Peridexis includes a very detailed 3,5mb PDF manual. Its really nice and I think you could either link to it, or include it in the download. I saw it today for the first time and damn... its not bad. I for one will certainly include it in the Masterwork Download.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2013, 11:14:04 am »

I wasn't sure if it was the same or not.  However, I just compared the Missing dwarves from the unit list with the dead who appear in Dwarf Therapist, and the error applies only to dead migrants.

I'll try to get the save uploaded so you can have more material to test with.  Will the fact that I've given all the missing dwarves a custom profession interfere with anything?

Ok, here it is!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7998
yeah it looks like it's the same issue. the current build i've got now is filtering out those dead dwaves, and animals as well.

The updated LNP by Peridexis includes a very detailed 3,5mb PDF manual. Its really nice and I think you could either link to it, or include it in the download. I saw it today for the first time and damn... its not bad. I for one will certainly include it in the Masterwork Download.
i checked out his thread, and i think he's using the one that resmar posted. i've only taken a quick look at it, but it seems pretty comprehensive, albeit... quite opinionated (stupid icons, useless labors, pointless gradients...)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:17:17 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2013, 02:17:30 pm »

I only skimmed it, I know how the therapist works... but it looked well made. Maybe you can talk to him about editing it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »

The goal of Dwarf Therapist is (should be?) to make it so that using it takes up as little time as possible.

In UI terms that means that Functional > Pretty, and that Information Density > Feature Creep.

I don't need grinning emoticons: a color gradient would be a vastly more useful feature.

I don't need to know whether or not my dwarves have Animal Care, a labor with no associated jobs, enabled in the default Labor screen.

Functionless gradients to make everything look "glossy" just make the screen more crowded and detract from the program's value.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2013, 01:32:09 am »

I kind of agree with gradients.

I like color graphs vs numbers.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2013, 04:06:01 am »

The goal of Dwarf Therapist is (should be?) to make it so that using it takes up as little time as possible.

In UI terms that means that Functional > Pretty, and that Information Density > Feature Creep.

I don't need grinning emoticons: a color gradient would be a vastly more useful feature.

I don't need to know whether or not my dwarves have Animal Care, a labor with no associated jobs, enabled in the default Labor screen.

Functionless gradients to make everything look "glossy" just make the screen more crowded and detract from the program's value.

sure, i fully see where you're coming from, and i think you've done a great job on that document, but you're missing my point that user manuals requires a degree of objectivity. everything you've listed here is fully controllable via options or custom settings, and i think focusing on the various options and customizability, in a manual, is more pertinent than what a single person believes is best for everyone.

that said, i do agree with some of your suggestions regarding the defaults (ie. happiness icons shouldn't be on by default, and i really should remove inactive labors from the vanilla default views)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:11:59 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #294 on: September 27, 2013, 02:59:15 pm »

Because people might play mods using these labors. :P

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 27, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »

Because people might play mods using these labors. :P

Alas, I've mostly stopped playing and never got around to screwing around in Masterwork. But you've got a point - which is why I don't preclude having an "all labors" screen, just having one as the default option.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 27, 2013, 10:34:31 pm »

Alas, I've mostly stopped playing and never got around to

Alas, we're meta players.

We've played a bunch, realized some flaws with the game, voiced them, and WOW, people get around to fixing them for us.

Albeit it be in 3rd party utilities, but it happens.

Hell, we're meta 3rd party utility players.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2013, 05:53:40 pm »

Dwarf Therapist reads 38 dwarves, but I only have 17 living. Granted, one ghost, but that doesn't explain the additional 20 unexisting population.

Edit: Scratch that, they were migrants. For whatever reason, they didn't show up immediately on the DF unit screen, but they did on DT.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 05:57:12 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2013, 10:36:31 pm »

I have a minor suggestion. Maybe it would be possible to remember what dwarf groups on the left were collapsed by the player, and have Therapist collapse them by default?

They are uncollapsed every time I use Read Dwarves.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2013, 11:12:11 pm »

minor: weird resizing bug

http://tinypic.com/m/hurl79/4

see armoring
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 222