Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968129 times)

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2850 on: November 25, 2016, 09:17:47 am »

no, it's probably caused by corruption somewhere else before that. could you join #dwarftherapist on freenode? http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23dwarftherapist

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: November 27, 2016, 01:52:00 am »

@Hello71
Another issue with the linux 43.05 build. The error output. Didn't know how to get values instead of "<optimized out>" feedback.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I changed histfig.cpp line 72 from
to
and it works. I only roughly understand what I am doing.

How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: November 28, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »

I have only time on my hands. What can I do to help.

Durian Hohlades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: November 29, 2016, 09:44:37 am »

Here hold the lash and strike them, so they shall code harder.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: November 30, 2016, 06:03:02 pm »

Linux 64-bit now 'working' with https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist (use cmake) and https://gist.github.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9. Only Social and Attributes panes load right, and it'll probably fuck up your DT ini, but if you just want to view the basic biographical information it'll probably work. Recommended only for DF/DT veterans, if it breaks you get to keep both pieces.
That's awesome, Hello71. I might install a Linux distribution later and try it out. Are you going to try to get the Labors pane to work too?

All the panes work for displaying if you delete then re-add them, but tend to crash the program, including if you try to change anything, or even as I found when moving the cursor around. Unfortunately, fixing that will probably take a lot longer than adding the 64-bit support, because it disappears whenever using valgrind (damn heisenbugs...).

Instructions to use if anyone wants to try:

Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist.git
cd Dwarf-Therapist
cmake . # out-of-tree builds work too, but you'll have to copy the "share" directory
make -j$(nproc)
curl -o share/memory_layouts/linux/0.43.05-linux64-therapist.ini https://gist.githubusercontent.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9/raw
./DwarfTherapist

warning: it will eat your DT INI and possibly (although probably not) your DF save. it will probably not be useful for anything due to crashing regularly.
All of the warnings are still valid, especially those ones about memory corruption, eaten ini files, and crashing, but I'm using DT on Ubuntu 14.04 for DF linux 64bit 43.05 and have the basic functionality of DT without steady crashing. The changing of labors hasn't been causing crashes but something less common might (my first dwarf with a kill caused a crash but that bug was since fixed). My setup was built from the source links above. As changes have been made I've had to rebuild a few times and copy and paste this command list each time (which has links to where things are installed on my machine, yours may differ, etc, the goal is to show all the steps I take, not to give you an easy copy and paste list)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

zipov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: December 01, 2016, 05:29:17 pm »

Why is it taking so long?
I'm about to go stark raving mad!

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: December 01, 2016, 05:50:34 pm »

test it, report what doesn't work. provide backtraces in case of crash of anything. I take no responsibility for broken/deleted saves.

Why is it taking so long?
I'm about to go stark raving mad!

because splinterz is missing, and I don't care enough.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: December 06, 2016, 05:32:42 pm »

Is there an option to exclude non-citizens from the labors view? I have a very large number of visitors in my fortress and there isn't a lot of point in having them all listed when I can't do anything with them.

anironpart

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: December 08, 2016, 10:48:22 pm »

Is there an option to exclude non-citizens from the labors view? I have a very large number of visitors in my fortress and there isn't a lot of point in having them all listed when I can't do anything with them.
Yeah, go to Options and check the box labeled "Don't display visitors/guests"

Also I'm getting a crash on reading. It's just after a new migrant wave came. Heres the gdb info:
Backtrace:
Let me know if theres any other info I can post to help.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: December 09, 2016, 08:11:18 am »

Yeah, go to Options and check the box labeled "Don't display visitors/guests"

Also I'm getting a crash on reading. It's just after a new migrant wave came. Heres the gdb info:
Backtrace:
Let me know if theres any other info I can post to help.

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-fsanitize=address

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: December 09, 2016, 05:31:38 pm »

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm running into some trouble building the latest version for Windows. Getting this error:
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2057: expected constant expression
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2133: 'buf' : unknown size

The problem stems from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2016/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp#L92, which is trying to create an array with an unknown size:

int len = read_int(addr + memory_layout()->string_length_offset());
    char buf[len];

I can see why this error is happening, I guess I'm more wondering how this code ever worked in the first place and why I'm just running into it now. I suppose I could submit a fix.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: December 09, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but I'm running into some trouble building the latest version for Windows. Getting this error:
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2057: expected constant expression
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
src\dfinstancewindows.cpp(92) : error C2133: 'buf' : unknown size

The problem stems from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/blob/DF2016/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp#L92, which is trying to create an array with an unknown size:

int len = read_int(addr + memory_layout()->string_length_offset());
    char buf[len];

I can see why this error is happening, I guess I'm more wondering how this code ever worked in the first place and why I'm just running into it now. I suppose I could submit a fix.

https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/pull/308

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: December 09, 2016, 06:43:18 pm »

Specifically, what compiler are you using?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: December 09, 2016, 07:23:07 pm »

MSVC. I made a simple fix that makes it work without causing a memory leak. Will send a PR.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2864 on: December 10, 2016, 09:14:29 am »

MSVC. I made a simple fix that makes it work without causing a memory leak. Will send a PR.
Saying your compiler is "MSVC" is sort of like saying your operating system is "Windows" - the version number is very important when diagnosing problems.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 222