Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962501 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3075 on: May 18, 2017, 09:49:33 pm »

I'm aware that DT works with DF's memory (and aware of most of the other things you mentioned) but that's something the OS should be able to deal with (see debuggers, for example). Any "wrong memory writes" would at most crash DT and/or DF under normal circumstances. It's really hard to crash the kernel by doing what DT does.

On the other hand, I don't doubt that you're experiencing BSODs. Are you able to test on another machine to see if it's reproducible there?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: May 20, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »

Evening, fellow Elfslayers,
I'm having a bit of an issue with LNP and the Dwarf Therapist. For some strange reason I can't seem to be able to use it at all. I've tried out versions 40_24 r16 and 40_24 r20, as well as 43.05 r05. With each of these releases of the LNP the same issue reoccured; I have started my game up, then I pressed "Connect to DF", and then Dwarf Therapist stopped working.

Is there anyone that might have an idea as to how to fix this issue? I cannot play the game without DT, and I am really craving some goblin smashing action right now.

Thanks for reading;
Dantez

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: May 22, 2017, 11:05:12 pm »

I'm aware that DT works with DF's memory (and aware of most of the other things you mentioned) but that's something the OS should be able to deal with (see debuggers, for example). Any "wrong memory writes" would at most crash DT and/or DF under normal circumstances. It's really hard to crash the kernel by doing what DT does.

On the other hand, I don't doubt that you're experiencing BSODs. Are you able to test on another machine to see if it's reproducible there?

not really... but i haven't any problems, since I stopped letting DT  run in the background.  Which is interesting since it shouldn't have been changing or  reading anything while it's just sitting there.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

3iff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: May 23, 2017, 05:43:04 am »

DT v37 on windows XP (Yes, I know). DF 43.04, all 32 bit versions.

When starting DT, I get 'unable to initialise, error 0xC000001D' regardless of whether DF is running or not.
Using a dependency program, I've traced the problem to MPR.dll, as if it's trying to make an internet connection? (that pc isn't on the net).

Any ideas? The DFhack manipulator is adequate for the moment.  I'm returning to DF for the first time in 3 years...but not having DT working is a bit cramping.

Phyroks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: May 23, 2017, 10:51:00 am »

This is the whole package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0b01u8spidv0dn/DwarfTherapist43.5.1X64.zip?dl=0
This is the patched exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0k4odt3356mc2y/DwarfTherapist4_35_2.zip?dl=0

You need MSVC 2015 runtimes and openssl. I am quite sick at the moment, when I feel better I will build another release and maybe an autoupdate.

This did work fine with www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_43_05_win_s.zip

Win7 64

Thank you for all who try to keep DT alive, i need it :D

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: May 25, 2017, 09:17:44 am »

I've noticed that recently in Dwarf Therapist potential attributes have lower values than current attributes. I'm pretty sure it wasn't always the case, since when I was playing a year ago or so I was using potential attributes a lot, for deciding whom to train as my elite soldiers. Is there any way to fix it?

Currently it looks like that:

I'm using Dwarf Therapist x64 ver. 43.5.1 which was a part of PE LNP ver. 0.43.05-r05 that can be found here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7622

Thanks in advance!

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:01 pm »

is anyone else having an issue with dwarf therapist connecting?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: May 29, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »

So I've been waiting for DT to work on the new 64 bit DF. Has it reached that yet?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: June 06, 2017, 03:42:12 pm »

Since you can see the sexual orientation of any Dwarf via DT, is it also possible to see if a dwarf has the desire to get married? According to the wiki at least, about 20% of all Dwarves will never get married.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: June 07, 2017, 03:05:51 am »

Since you can see the sexual orientation of any Dwarf via DT, is it also possible to see if a dwarf has the desire to get married? According to the wiki at least, about 20% of all Dwarves will never get married.
No, the DT representation is incomplete. The display of the info would have to be changed, probably from one to two or three columns to cover all the possibilities (physical gender, and sexual relation level for each gender). Apart from not distinguishing between lover only or full marriage relations, DT also suppresses "minor" bi-sexual orientations, so an individual who is willing to marry one gender but only become lover with the other is shown as having the marriage orientation. I'd welcome such a change, though, but in the mean time DFHack directly or DFHack commands such as "gaydar" can give the full information.

So I've been waiting for DT to work on the new 64 bit DF. Has it reached that yet?
Given that the Starter Pack is 64 bit and includes DT the answer should be yes.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: June 07, 2017, 04:04:04 am »

By @PleaseBugMeNot, yes.  Recent links are here.  I don't know about source code, but I've PM'd them about it.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: June 07, 2017, 04:56:43 am »

but in the mean time DFHack directly or DFHack commands such as "gaydar" can give the full information.
Yup. gaydar -all did the trick.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: June 07, 2017, 10:04:59 am »

I've seen lots of reports of instability, however.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: June 07, 2017, 08:01:05 pm »

Posting to watch in anticipation of a working 64 bit version. (I can't play DF without this anymore)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: June 08, 2017, 10:13:27 am »

5 months in with the Hello71 64 bit (linux) build and not one problem*.  From memory the PleaseBugMeNot version was a port to Windows of this - and it seems to have some issues...  But it was damn cool that it happened at all from someone pretty much outside the DF community...  Don't hold your breath since I doubt they will be back to maintain it long term.  You could always switch to linux.  ;)

* Apart from what already existed in the Splinterz builds.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 222