Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968453 times)

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3090 on: June 10, 2017, 05:58:12 pm »

setting nicknames doesn't work, everything else is fine

Angry_Bucket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 12, 2017, 02:52:35 pm »

Evening, fellow Elfslayers,
I'm having a bit of an issue with LNP and the Dwarf Therapist. For some strange reason I can't seem to be able to use it at all. I've tried out versions 40_24 r16 and 40_24 r20, as well as 43.05 r05. With each of these releases of the LNP the same issue reoccured; I have started my game up, then I pressed "Connect to DF", and then Dwarf Therapist stopped working.

Is there anyone that might have an idea as to how to fix this issue? I cannot play the game without DT, and I am really craving some goblin smashing action right now.

Thanks for reading;
Dantez
I just wanted to add to this - also having crash on launch. Read the last twenty or so pages and tried all versions posted with the 0.43.05 PeridexisErrant LNP. Dwarf Therapist always stops working upon connecting. I'm willing to help out by posting logs or whatever could be of assistance. In fact, I registered specifically to try and get this sorted out.

I've got a pretty old PC, so I really need the x64 version, as my CPUs are fairly weak. Additionally, I'm trying to get into DF for the 2nd time and I remember how much Dwarf Therapist improved the game. I've been trying to make do with the DF Hack matrix, but after several immigrant waves I'm finding the interface cumbersome despite how good it is. I'll keep checking in on this thread, as I'm not likely to play any more DF until I can get a working version of Therapist.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: June 12, 2017, 03:16:40 pm »

I've got a pretty old PC, so I really need the x64 version, as my CPUs are fairly weak. Additionally, I'm trying to get into DF for the 2nd time and I remember how much Dwarf Therapist improved the game. I've been trying to make do with the DF Hack matrix, but after several immigrant waves I'm finding the interface cumbersome despite how good it is. I'll keep checking in on this thread, as I'm not likely to play any more DF until I can get a working version of Therapist.
Just curious - what's clunky about DFHack's interface (manipulator)? It does support the mouse, in case you didn't know (and you can right-click to move the cursor to a cell instead of toggling it).

If you have an old computer/weak CPU, I'm not sure how the 64-bit build would help over the 32-bit build. Any performance improvements from a 64-bit build are really small, and perhaps even more so on an older machine.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 12, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »

If the 64 bit version doesn't work, I'd suggest trying the 32 bit version (with the 32 bit version of DF, of course).

You can also use the pop cap to stop migration when the number of dorfs makes the management unwieldy (and the FPS starts to drop). If you set a pop cap lower than 80 you should probably set goblin invasions to be allowed at a pop of 50 or 20, rather than the default value of 80. You'll also block the "normal" arrival of a monarch (but you can increase the pop cap later).

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 12, 2017, 07:14:48 pm »

The latest version posted in the OP says it's for 42.06 but the pack I have is 43.03 and DT works just fine. What's up with that?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 12, 2017, 07:15:57 pm »

The latest version posted in the OP says it's for 42.06 but the pack I have is 43.03 and DT works just fine. What's up with that?
The first post of this thread hasn't been updated in a long time, as you can tell from its timestamp (February 22, 2016). That build of DT does support newer versions of DF given the correct layouts, which your pack must include.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 12, 2017, 07:17:28 pm »

So... maybe the OP should be updated? Are people supposed to read 200 pages of the thread to see if their version is supported?

Sorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • EnglishWithCoffee
« Reply #3097 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:06 pm »

So... maybe the OP should be updated? Are people supposed to read 200 pages of the thread to see if their version is supported?
DT's maintainer (splinterz) last visited this forum February 04, 2017, 07:21:25 am. No one else (except Toady maybe) can edit the OP.
So deal with it.
Intelligent is a strong word to use around DF.
you're lucky it wasn't an adventurer.  I've heard they can bash your skull in by throwing water at you.  UNDERWATER

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:27 pm »

DT's maintainer (splinterz) last visited this forum February 04, 2017, 07:21:25 am. No one else (except Toady maybe) can edit the OP.
So deal with it.

lmao don't get salty with me, settle down

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 12, 2017, 08:35:11 pm »

You can always check https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts to see if memory layouts are available for a certain DF version. That's how DT has worked for a long time, although I'll admit it isn't as clear as it could be. In the past, whenever a new DF version didn't require a new DT version, splinterz didn't put a new one up - instead, he (or someone else) would upload memory layouts, but the thread title would still reflect the most recent DT build and the most recent DF version it supported out of the box (without adding extra layouts).

Angry_Bucket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 13, 2017, 09:46:57 am »

Garbage that Angry_Bucket wrote, yadda yadda yadda.
Just curious - what's clunky about DFHack's interface (manipulator)? It does support the mouse, in case you didn't know (and you can right-click to move the cursor to a cell instead of toggling it).

If you have an old computer/weak CPU, I'm not sure how the 64-bit build would help over the 32-bit build. Any performance improvements from a 64-bit build are really small, and perhaps even more so on an older machine.
I did not realize it had mouse support, I feel stupid now. Thank you, I'll give it another try. That said, a scroll bar would be nice, but the main hang up I have is the lack of white-space or gridlines. Just preference or my eyes, but I'm sure I could learn to like it.

If the 64 bit version doesn't work, I'd suggest trying the 32 bit version (with the 32 bit version of DF, of course).

You can also use the pop cap to stop migration when the number of dorfs makes the management unwieldy (and the FPS starts to drop). If you set a pop cap lower than 80 you should probably set goblin invasions to be allowed at a pop of 50 or 20, rather than the default value of 80. You'll also block the "normal" arrival of a monarch (but you can increase the pop cap later).
I may try that. I would probably put up with a lower framerate, as I'm usually listening to an audio book/podcast or alt-tabbing unless there's immediate trouble.

Thanks lethosor & PatrikLundell, your input is appreciated. I was under the assumption that my CPU was more of a bottleneck than my RAM with DF so I figured the x64 version was the clear winner for me.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 15, 2017, 07:06:42 am »

Posting to watch in anticipation of a working 64 bit version. (I can't play DF without this anymore)
I'm using DFHack's labor manager. It's not DT, but it's close. Perhaps consider using that?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 15, 2017, 09:59:02 am »

Posting to watch in anticipation of a working 64 bit version. (I can't play DF without this anymore)
I'm using DFHack's labor manager. It's not DT, but it's close. Perhaps consider using that?
labormanager (the one that automatically assigns labors) or manipulator (the DT-like grid that you can access with u-l)?

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 15, 2017, 01:42:35 pm »

I'm currently using a working x64 version with 43.05, could post it to dropbox if you want

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 15, 2017, 02:45:38 pm »

If you could link to where you got it, that might be preferable, since it would avoid confusion about where you got it from. Also, the one in PE's pack, which I doubt is less stable than yours (if it's not the same) works pretty well for some people and terribly for others, so keep in mind that whatever build you have might not work for others either.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 222