Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966742 times)

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3120 on: June 25, 2017, 04:42:54 am »

After i downloaded the lastest LNP pack, i cant use Dwarf Therapist, it crashes every time it tries to connect to DF, any ideas on what it could be?

Greenalien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: June 25, 2017, 10:59:23 am »

Hi,

I really like Dwarf Therapist because there's no easier way to organize 150 dwarves. However, I have no idea where to start using it for the latest 43.05, 64-bit version. I have downloaded the Peridexes' starter pack and the included Dwarf Therapist doesn't run. I've downloaded the 3.5.1X64 and 3.5.2X64 files linked here a couple pages back and it still doesn't work.

My VC redist is up to date, but I have no idea what is an opengssl or how is it relevant to dwarf therapist or where to get it.

Would it be possible to just put in one neat bunched up archive a fixed Dwarf Therapist for 64 bit, along with possible things needed to get it to run? Just something I could install and run with latest dwarf fortress? And get Splinterz to put it on the front page?

It's driving me nuts how completely fragmented it all is.

I am including my latest Dwarf therapist log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: June 25, 2017, 11:22:05 am »

After i downloaded the lastest LNP pack, i cant use Dwarf Therapist, it crashes every time it tries to connect to DF, any ideas on what it could be?
It's simply unstable. See the last 10 or so pages of this thread. I don't know why, sorry.

Hi,

I really like Dwarf Therapist because there's no easier way to organize 150 dwarves. However, I have no idea where to start using it for the latest 43.05, 64-bit version. I have downloaded the Peridexes' starter pack and the included Dwarf Therapist doesn't run. I've downloaded the 3.5.1X64 and 3.5.2X64 files linked here a couple pages back and it still doesn't work.

My VC redist is up to date, but I have no idea what is an opengssl or how is it relevant to dwarf therapist or where to get it.

Would it be possible to just put in one neat bunched up archive a fixed Dwarf Therapist for 64 bit, along with possible things needed to get it to run? Just something I could install and run with latest dwarf fortress? And get Splinterz to put it on the front page?

From the log, it looks like DT started up and was able to read units from your fort. Are you sure that's the right log?

Anyway, I have no idea why it needs OpenSSL - I don't recall previous builds needing it. Assuming you're referring to the builds from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7392774#msg7392774, those are "43.5.1" and "4_35_2" (no idea why the version number formats are different). Splinterz didn't post those builds, he hasn't been online for over 4 months, and hasn't posted here for almost a year, so it's unlikely that he'll be able to work with those builds. PleaseBugMeNot has also disappeared after posting those (almost 3 months ago). Also, even if you do manage to get it working with OpenSSL, it seems to be pretty unstable for some people, so there's no guarantee that it would work.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:23:43 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Greenalien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: June 25, 2017, 11:37:24 am »

Thanks a lot for your fast update. I understand that the modders have probably lives to attend to. I am not sure what is going wrong. The Dwarf Therapist itself starts well, but crashes when/after reading units. Before it shuts downm there's a complaint by the programme in lower right corner: "Error creating SSL context ()"

What I copied is the entirety of run.txt in the log folder. I am not running any anti-virus software.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: June 25, 2017, 11:45:59 am »

It's simply unstable. See the last 10 or so pages of this thread. I don't know why, sorry.

Hi,

From the log, it looks like DT started up and was able to read units from your fort. Are you sure that's the right log?

Anyway, I have no idea why it needs OpenSSL - I don't recall previous builds needing it. Assuming you're referring to the builds from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7392774#msg7392774, those are "43.5.1" and "4_35_2" (no idea why the version number formats are different). Splinterz didn't post those builds, he hasn't been online for over 4 months, and hasn't posted here for almost a year, so it's unlikely that he'll be able to work with those builds. PleaseBugMeNot has also disappeared after posting those (almost 3 months ago). Also, even if you do manage to get it working with OpenSSL, it seems to be pretty unstable for some people, so there's no guarantee that it would work.

for downloading memory layouts. splinterz added "updater" in newest DT commits

Greenalien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: June 25, 2017, 12:02:16 pm »

The Dwarf Therapist already has the latest layout from github repository. Unless you mean something else, but I do not understand you.

Hi,

for downloading memory layouts. splinterz added "updater" in newest DT commits
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:04:33 pm by Greenalien »

LynXsh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: June 25, 2017, 10:53:09 pm »

Good time of day to all!
I'm a little bit confused here. Would somebody make a little summary for me: if I'm gonna play the winx86 version of DF, which build of DT should I use? The "original" by splinterz with updated memory layouts? Or, one of those mentioned here some posts above?
Thanks in advance!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: June 25, 2017, 11:40:31 pm »

The original definately won't work.

These others might work if you're lucky.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: June 26, 2017, 09:51:13 pm »

On x64 linux DF 43.05 I've had the best luck with DanFritz's fork, due to a "participants" assertion failure he appears to have fixed: https://github.com/DanFritz/Dwarf-Therapist/commit/ea784aa347c618ce5ef21485f72c7995db6ea9bc
Seems like the wrong way to fix that to me, unless there's some meaning to 0x10 that I'm missing. Does Hello71's fork work?
If you want the most recent version suitable for you, just look at the github's fork interface, and browse the recent forks. Realize they may just be fixing own their problems, e.g. x64 linux, not mac os: https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/network Nobody appears to have a 43.05 x64 macos memory layout yet, you'd need to use an older DF in that case.
It's really easy to generate memory layouts using "devel/export-dt-ini" in DFHack. I have two for both OS X 0.43.05 builds sitting around in my main DF folders. I'm pretty sure I uploaded them a while ago, but I couldn't easily find them, so here they are.

Note that this obviously requires a DT that works with 64-bit DF, which is... hard to come by.
interesting... because the main issue I'm having currently isn't about getting it to work... it's that for some reason it's not reading the skills correctly. It doesn't see the correct skills that have higher learning speeds, as in the guild system in MDF has so it's confusing players of the mod... would that have something to do with the memory layout?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: June 26, 2017, 10:02:46 pm »

Are guilds implemented as castes? I have no clue what DT does with those, but it's unlikely that it has something to do with the memory layout unless it works as you're expecting in older versions of DF.

I'll echo a point I made above: while the DT build you have may work for you, if it's a 64-bit Windows build, chances are that it won't work at all for a number of other players.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

LynXsh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: June 26, 2017, 10:38:04 pm »

The original definately won't work.

These others might work if you're lucky.
Thanks! I'll try to dig those others, then.

Greenalien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: June 27, 2017, 08:04:47 am »

Argh this is maddening. No amount of tinkering is making the Dwarf Therapist run with 64 bit version. I badly want this to happen.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: June 28, 2017, 07:24:57 am »

Are guilds implemented as castes? I have no clue what DT does with those, but it's unlikely that it has something to do with the memory layout unless it works as you're expecting in older versions of DF.

I'll echo a point I made above: while the DT build you have may work for you, if it's a 64-bit Windows build, chances are that it won't work at all for a number of other players.

yeah the build I have works fine for everyone except this one point...  Now that I think about it, I remember scraping it from peridex probably around DFHack 43.05 beta 2.  I was looking for a working one for my personal build of MDF around then, so I had it when I put MDF 1.24a|b together....  This one thing is the only issue that it has.

Yeah guilds are operated through Caste switches in MDF and they worked as far back as 40.xx as far as I can tell, Its only in 43.05 x64 that we have complaints about this one thing.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: June 29, 2017, 01:58:33 pm »

When I hit "Connect to DF" my dwarves don't show up, and when I hit "Refresh Dwarves" Therapist crashes. Do I have to install Therapist by putting everything into a separate folder instead of putting everything in the root of DF's folder?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: June 29, 2017, 03:31:14 pm »

You can try, but I don't think that's the issue. Lots of people in the last couple pages have had similar issues.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 222