Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967879 times)

a52

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes crows for their intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3150 on: August 02, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »

Somebody mentioned that worlds made in 32-bit then transferred to 64-bit may be the problem, and that is the case with my world.

Whoever told you that was wrong. The issue you're having is inherent to your DT build on your machine, and isn't specific to a save.

That's a shame :/. I was hoping I could get around it by generating a new world.

(Whoever said that was a response in this thread at some point, but now I can't find it. Oh well.)

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: August 04, 2017, 04:53:27 am »

What's the correct way to build this? I've never used QT and after some frustration, I finally built DT ( Clement's fork ) only to encounter issues ( not detecting the game, optimization window not opening ).

I'm trying to fix an issue with the optimizer, it seems the 'UpdateRatios' function is not working correctly. I manually set the worker count when using the optimizer and when I add a new job to my optimization plan or fiddle with worker counts the ratio breaks and sets the entire column to 0.01 which means I have to set it back to 1.00 or it won't assign any skilled labors ( still assigns haulers ).

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: August 04, 2017, 05:26:15 am »

If you are using 64 bit DF, you need a 64 bit build. IIRC, Qt website does not provides any windows 64 bit build. I am more used to GNU tools, so I built it with msys2/mingw64. If you are using MSVC, I think you will need to build Qt from source.

I actually did have a few crashes with my build. Hard to reproduce, but I managed to get one while running with gdb, there were some uninitialized internal Qt pointers. I don't know where they come from: if DT is misusing Qt or if it is a Qt bug (I could not dump the core and gdb crashed while reading some variable :(, I may not be using the best environment).

Backtrace for the curious (notice the 0xfeeefeeefeeefeee pointers):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: August 04, 2017, 03:10:02 pm »

There are no win64 offline installer on Qt website, but the online installer can actually install MSVC 2015/2017 versions of Qt.

I tried a msvc2017 build, and it required a few minor fixes. I also discovered and fixed a buffer overflow that strangely did not happen earlier.

Edit: the memory layout was not added to my repo. It is now. Was it the reason it did not detect the game?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:26:13 pm by Clément »

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: August 05, 2017, 03:26:59 am »

Been working on this all day and I'm having a bunch of stupid problems preventing me from building it. Plan on maybe reinstalling Windows, but that's a bit of a hassle just to be able to work on fixing DT.. ( for reference, same install of Windows 7 since 09, seldom used since I've switched to Ubuntu about 2 years ago )

In reference to the memory layout; I didn't know it was missing, that was probably why it wouldn't work.

As for crashes, there is one I can reproduce every time. When you assign a labor but do not commit the changes and then switch to a different tab ( with pending changes ) it crashes. I don't know if it persists with your build.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: August 05, 2017, 06:12:59 am »

Been working on this all day and I'm having a bunch of stupid problems preventing me from building it. Plan on maybe reinstalling Windows, but that's a bit of a hassle just to be able to work on fixing DT.. ( for reference, same install of Windows 7 since 09, seldom used since I've switched to Ubuntu about 2 years ago )

If you are used to linux, you may like msys2: you get a bash shell and a package manager. Start a mingw64 shell, install the packages, and use cmake with option -G "MSYS Makefiles" (configuring Qt Creator to use it requires a little more effort).

As for crashes, there is one I can reproduce every time. When you assign a labor but do not commit the changes and then switch to a different tab ( with pending changes ) it crashes. I don't know if it persists with your build.

It happens some times for me but not every time. By doing it repeatedly, I can get the crash. It comes from accessing a QStandardItem that was deleted by "clear" in DwarfModel::build_rows according to DrMemory.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: August 05, 2017, 09:14:09 am »

I am still not sure how to trigger the crash so I cannot be sure I fixed it. Here is my attempt at fixing it.

Once you managed to build DT, can you tell me if this commit fixes the crash you were describing.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: August 05, 2017, 05:46:04 pm »

I searched around and can't figure out how to resolve this.

I uninstalled/installed/repaired/repaired/repaired vc_redist.x64.exe, and it keeps telling me it can't start because it's missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll.

Everything I've found about this says just reinstall the vc_redist.x64.exe.

Any suggestions?

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: August 05, 2017, 09:04:10 pm »

Just so I know, is DT technically no longer being supported? I mean, if there's no version that can be quickly installed and know that it's compatible with the current version of the game (43.05), then how are we supposed to get the program running?

Going by the comments on the last couple of pages in this thread, I'm not sure what needs to be done to DT 37.0.0 (from https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/tag/v37.0.0) to get it to work with DF 43.05.
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: August 05, 2017, 09:44:04 pm »

It comes in the latest LNP. I installed the VC runtime and got DT working just on my laptop, but my desktop is being finicky.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: August 05, 2017, 10:13:48 pm »

Yeah, and the issues with that build of DT are part of what's being discussed above (i.e. it's unreliable, as you've found out).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: August 06, 2017, 09:43:18 am »

If you want to try an alternative build for win64, you can try mine. As I don't trust my skill at making a portable build, I uploaded both a mingw build and a msvc build. Hopefully one of them should work. The MSVC version is lighter but rely on your system libraries (so there can be a missing runtime problem), the MinGW version is bigger but should have all the needed dlls (if I did not forget any).

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: August 06, 2017, 01:45:12 pm »

Looks like the MSVC version works fine. Whatever produced that Qt5Core.dll crash every time does not happen for me anymore. The log shows a lot of

2017-Aug-06 20:44:14.835 WARNING   core   string at 578495420096 is zero-length or zero-cap [I:\projects\Dwarf-Therapist\src\dfinstancewindows.cpp:88] (DFInstanceWindows::read_string)
2017-Aug-06 20:44:14.835 WARNING   core   string at 578495420128 is zero-length or zero-cap [I:\projects\Dwarf-Therapist\src\dfinstancewindows.cpp:88] (DFInstanceWindows::read_string)
2017-Aug-06 20:44:14.836 WARNING   core   string at 578495454336 is zero-length or zero-cap [I:\projects\Dwarf-Therapist\src\dfinstancewindows.cpp:88] (DFInstanceWindows::read_string)

but I'm not sure if that is an issue.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 02:00:16 pm by xordae »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: August 06, 2017, 02:27:40 pm »

Yes, read_string prints a little too much messages. "zero-length" should not be a warning, it is a normal empty string. But even without that, there are still a lot of warning/error messages.

I looked at a few and it seems that a lot of DF variables are uninitialized when they should be empty strings or null pointers. I don't much about DF internals so I don't how to properly fix that. As long as DT detects it is reading garbage, it should be fine.

A few of those may be real warnings (I found the squad order bug from the messages by luck), but they are lost among the spam.

xordae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: August 06, 2017, 04:31:08 pm »

Anyway, after months and months we finally have a working 64-bit DF (from what I've seen). Barring any other bug reports it might be time to poke the relevant channels like the OP and the LNP to have this included. Congrats. :)
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 222