Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967579 times)

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.3 BETA
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2013, 11:40:49 am »

I have one suggestion and a question about Roles (apparently I was using a very old version and just updated to the latest Expanded LNP and now I have BOOM all sorts of new stuff in my DT) but I'm unclear on the Roles tab (if there is a wiki page or a prior post on how to use Roles and what it is for please point me in the right direction).  My questions are:

Is the data in the Roles tab used in any other function in DT?

How should I use the data in Roles? I'm guessing that this is merely a recommendation of how to assign my dwarves based on their attributes, brilliant!

And now to the suggestion in relation to the Roles tab:  If I'm using Roles to help facilitate assignments, I will be tabbing back and forth between the Roles and Labors tabs.  I found the Option to link scrolling but unfortunately it doesn't like Sort so the scroll link feature doesn't quite get me what I want - it would be AMAZING if there were an option to link sort as well (ideally there would be a "Link Sort and Scroll" button on the tool bar which could be toggled on and off). 

Cheers and thanks for the unbelievably great app!

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2013, 10:57:37 pm »

If you hover over the individual gridviews it will present the dwarf's role fitness. You can also sort the columns by row fitness. Check the user manual for help with this stuff, when you put together the various sorting mechanisms it's actually very convenient. Check the user manual for help with this (it's linked somewhere earlier in this thread).

Once you get the hang of it, linked sorting doesn't make too much sense anymore, because each individual view presents its own information. If anything you can make a custom view and smush together the info you want displayed side-by-side in a more convenient manner.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2013, 12:55:04 am »

PTW

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2013, 01:05:53 pm »

If you hover over the individual gridviews it will present the dwarf's role fitness. You can also sort the columns by row fitness. Check the user manual for help with this stuff, when you put together the various sorting mechanisms it's actually very convenient. Check the user manual for help with this (it's linked somewhere earlier in this thread).

Once you get the hang of it, linked sorting doesn't make too much sense anymore, because each individual view presents its own information. If anything you can make a custom view and smush together the info you want displayed side-by-side in a more convenient manner.

Whoa whoa whoa what!? If there was a user manual I'd be reading that thing like it was brain food!  Where in the world is the "user manual"? When I click the Project Homepage it takes me to a series of patch notes with no 'user manual' link anywhere to be found.  When I go to the Forum Page there is a link to a Project Homepage which is different, goes to a code.project site that has a wiki but there are only 2 How-to videos there and only the most basic stuff. Man I LOVE MANUALS, I looked all over for a manual,  however, due to some information design issues I need a manual to find the manual in this case.  Thanks! Where is it!?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2013, 01:17:02 pm »

I think mwmod has the manual included. Resmar is the author. U can find it on reddit searching in the df subreddit

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »

I think mwmod has the manual included. Resmar is the author. U can find it on reddit searching in the df subreddit

Nope, not something you can find by searching for any rational set of terms on the DF subreddit.  Was going to try to download MW to get it but that's a huge download and crazy absurd.  You'd think that something like this would be easier to find.

Managed to rustle it up by searching for Resmar (thanks for the tips), and it isn't called a manual and the word manual is no where to be found in any of the pages related to it, which is why it doesn't come up in any searches.  It is called a 'user guide', which is a name that suffices I guess.  If everyone views this guide so highly, why isn't it linked in more obvious places!??!

Here it is anyway, in case anyone else is looking.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

I posted it earlier in the thead. Thistle, never suggest anyone search for anything on reddit, their search algo is somewhere between abysmal and non-existent.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

I've done a power edit on the guide and uploaded a new version.

Splinterz, you should fully read it and tell me if there are any changes that you think I should make, and we'll debate them.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2013, 12:26:08 am »

I posted it earlier in the thead. Thistle, never suggest anyone search for anything on reddit, their search algo is somewhere between abysmal and non-existent.

sorry I was on my phone and didn't have time at work to find it.  I feel really bad right now that I sent someone on an erroneous search for it.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »

At one point I thought there was a Masterwork version of DT, that had the new Masterwork roles, etc added in. Am I imagining that, or did that stop getting supported?
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:00 pm »

what about adding in status icons?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 16, 2013, 09:44:34 pm »

At one point I thought there was a Masterwork version of DT, that had the new Masterwork roles, etc added in. Am I imagining that, or did that stop getting supported?

it's just an ini add in based on this version

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 17, 2013, 12:10:49 am »

Is there a list of profession icons and their associated profession? Nothing in the guide.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #343 on: October 17, 2013, 04:25:51 am »

it's just an ini add in based on this version
actually, the next version will support replacing/adding default views and roles. currently there's a packaged DT with special roles for the masterwork labours, as well as views to replace the defaults. normally Meph will include it in the next version(s) once it's completed, but if you'd like to test it out now, here you go.

what about adding in status icons?
you'll have to elaborate. for me, statuses are a type of health information (hunger, thirst, drowsiness) which are already available via health columns.

Is there a list of profession icons and their associated profession? Nothing in the guide.
no there's nothing yet, you'll have to make do with the tooltips for now.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 17, 2013, 07:10:55 am »

You can find and edit the ID list for things in the .ini file, which I reference in the appendix (but don't cover in much depth: not terribly useful imo). No list for the actual icons, afaik. Splinterz, if you have a "sticker sheet" for the icons it would definitely help with the guide.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 222