Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968106 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6.3 BETA
« Reply #345 on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:07 am »

Is there a list of profession icons and their associated profession? Nothing in the guide.

You can find and edit the ID list for things in the .ini file, which I reference in the appendix (but don't cover in much depth: not terribly useful imo). No list for the actual icons, afaik. Splinterz, if you have a "sticker sheet" for the icons it would definitely help with the guide.
they're actually the same icons that stonsense uses.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 17, 2013, 08:44:05 am »

Great, I'll add it to the draft.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 17, 2013, 09:09:37 am »

what about adding in status icons?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Status_icon

it's not always just health, but if all those icons are in health, then great.  But if a dwarf has gone berserk, is that in the health screen?

GREAT FEATURE REQUEST
The ability to sign to (multiple) burrows via DT.  Reasoning.  Mods such as MW and CivForge use certain buildings that train skills (such as the Quintain for CivForge, or the Tavern for Masterwork).  The buildings are obviously targeting a certain subset of dwarfs, BUT... here's the kicker.  Without specifying a burrow, there's no way to limit who is going to train in those buildings.  Which means any random dwarf with no job will train there.  Trying to manage burrows manually is a pain.  What I would love to do is assign my militia via DT, then assign them to a burrow that has all my military training buildings specifically built for them.  If I could do it in DT, I could assign the burrows right after their relevant labor assignments (combat, or labors).

Another example would be a building that trains I don't know... say Carpentry.  I could sort my DT by dwarf's with carpentry enabled, and assign them to the "carpentry training" burrow.  Of course this is a whole new level of play management.  For if I assigned them to burrows for the purpose of training, I'd have to have "common areas" burrows that I would probably have everyone assigned to (hence the need for multiple burrow assignments).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 03:01:24 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #348 on: October 17, 2013, 10:57:40 am »

what about adding in status icons?

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Status_icon

it's not always just health, but if all those icons are in health, then great.  But if a dwarf has gone berserk, is that in the health screen?

GREAT FEATURE REQUEST: assign dwarves to burrow(s).

many of the status icons are handled by the new health stuff, and others by the current job (moods, sleeping, no job). if a dwarf has gone berserk, crazy or raving mad, they're considered hostile and no longer appear in DT at all. i think the only ones that can't be found in DT are: no destination, wrestling, dead, prone, thrown and martial trance, which i'm not sure are entirely useful to display, but correct me if i'm wrong.

burrow assignment has been asked for many times, but it's currently not possible due to the technical limitations of DT.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 17, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »

Is military squad creation also outside of the technical scope of DT? Currently you can add dwarfs to a squad through the interface, but not create them.

I assume it is.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2013, 05:00:25 pm »

Is military squad creation also outside of the technical scope of DT? Currently you can add dwarfs to a squad through the interface, but not create them.

I assume it is.
yeah that's right. because there are designations for 10 members, it's just a matter of placing a unit into an empty spot. a unit's burrow assignments on the other hand, requires the extension of the unit's list of burrows, which DT can't do.

to be honest, it would be much more practical and ideal to integrate DT with dfhack, but i've no idea how to do it.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »

So... does stonesense have documentation?

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2013, 07:48:26 pm »

to be honest, it would be much more practical and ideal to integrate DT with dfhack, but i've no idea how to do it.

Yeah, I'd always wondered whether or not that was possible, but rebasing the code like that seems like an unacceptably large amount of work at this point.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2013, 12:35:15 am »

Does this make sense to you guys on how the optimizer works

it's ratio based labor assignments based on your top dwarf for the job

You calculate every dwarf's raw role % (which means the role for a job based on values that are comparative to all other roles, i.e. not run through a CDF function that only compares the role to itself).  Then you sort all (your dwarfs) jobs in a big list, from highest % to lowest %, the optimizer goes down the list and starts picking jobs (i.e. dwarfs) and filling up queues (i.e max # to assign based on ratio) until the queue is full or the dwarf's # of max labors are full.

priorities adjust the % by multiplying the raw role % by the priority

if so, it should be in the manual/documentation.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2013, 10:40:16 am »

I've updated the development suggestions: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7927. They should be much more coherent and actionable now.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2013, 01:27:17 pm »

List is extensive. I saw one in there about groups of labors (ie farming or hauling or healthcare) having the ability to be unassigned. I currently dislike that I can't unassign a group of labors( by right clicking the column group) for a group of dwarfs.

Also you didn't mention the ability to map a custom profession to the labor optimizer in your guide. I thought that was one of your wants as well. I think it would be useful for "medics" or even "haulers" and of course the ability to set a number of labors the optimizer would count the custom profession as.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 19, 2013, 11:43:01 am »

I'm very sketchy on the use of the labor optimizer right now, since the most useful things you can do with it require working around some other non-combinative elements of the program (which is why I don't have a "Let's Try It" section for it in the guide). I think that once all of these changes are made the "gaps" will be more properly closed, and we can explore a little better how to better integrate the labor optimizer.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 19, 2013, 04:39:19 pm »

I have a suggestion after seeing the DT version for MW. Is there a possibility to create a in-build thing than allows the sheets creates by reading any mod?

So is like the modder add a special file than could help DT read it and successfully import all the labor sheets automatically?

Sorry for my ignorance about this, just asking if exists a posibility.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #358 on: October 20, 2013, 05:56:52 am »

I have a suggestion after seeing the DT version for MW. Is there a possibility to create a in-build thing than allows the sheets creates by reading any mod?

So is like the modder add a special file than could help DT read it and successfully import all the labor sheets automatically?

Sorry for my ignorance about this, just asking if exists a posibility.
that masterwork DT version was created by me (views by JodGap), and the way it supports replacing/adding default views will be in the next version.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 20, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »

is there a (highly cheaty) non cursed filter script I can run?

btw, toady truly owes this tool a great acknowledgement (as well as other plugins, falconne's comes to mind) in how much this helps manage the game.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:33:36 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 222