Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967746 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #600 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:51 am »

I'm playing beta build off of github

and I noticed the Magic Skill is missing.

I know this is as much a mod question as it is a dwarf therapist question.  But where can I change the labor id # of a labor to match the magic id # specified by mw mod?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #601 on: April 10, 2014, 04:11:00 am »

I'm playing beta build off of github

and I noticed the Magic Skill is missing.

I know this is as much a mod question as it is a dwarf therapist question.  But where can I change the labor id # of a labor to match the magic id # specified by mw mod?
masterwork uses a different game_data.ini and has different default views. it hasn't been updated to include the 'detachment' trait in the last update, so you'll have to manually merge the game_data.ini to get the masterwork settings and the new detachment trait. you'll also want to put the default_views.dtg from masterwork into the /etc folder to get the mw default gridviews.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 10, 2014, 08:44:08 am »

It is the mw gridviews already (beta build of the studded with patches build).

but it sounds like your saying I need to dl the standard mw mod, and pull the gamedata.ini and gridviews and put it in this build of beta?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #603 on: April 10, 2014, 09:47:54 am »

It is the mw gridviews already (beta build of the studded with patches build).

but it sounds like your saying I need to dl the standard mw mod, and pull the gamedata.ini and gridviews and put it in this build of beta?
if you've already got the magic and other mw skills/professions/labors, then you're probably just missing the views

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2014, 10:20:19 am »

I think what I was trying to do was add the magic skill to a custom role and I wasn't finding the magic skill inside the custom role editor.  So I'm not sure what the magic skill id # is so I can manually edit the .ini file to update whatever current skill is mismapped back to what it should be (i.e. magic)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2014, 11:38:08 am »

I think what I was trying to do was add the magic skill to a custom role and I wasn't finding the magic skill inside the custom role editor.  So I'm not sure what the magic skill id # is so I can manually edit the .ini file to update whatever current skill is mismapped back to what it should be (i.e. magic)
I'm trying to explain to you that it's not mismapped. If you're playing masterwork, then you need the masterwork game_data and default_gridviews to see the magic skill/labor/profession. if you don't see them, you've got your files mixed up.

if you don't have 'sorcerer' or 'sorcery' in your game_data.ini then you're using the wrong game_data for masterwork.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 10, 2014, 11:48:08 am »

OK. Have u DL d beta or gold? Beta is 0 commits behind gold. Sorcery shows up in the grid views just not in role editor. So ye it is missing something. But I thought beta/gold was/is based on meph's latest release. which means his latest release is missing the INI info as well. I'm playing unmodified beta as found on github.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:09:52 pm by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »

OK. Have u DL d beta or gold? Beta is 0 commits behind gold. Sorcery shows up in the grid views just not in role editor. So ye it is missing something. But I thought beta/gold was/is based on meph's latest release. which means his latest release is missing the INI info as well. I'm playing unmodified beta as found on github.
if you look at the game_data.ini on either SWP beta or gold, you'll see they have the necessary sorcerer skill/labour/profession. i'm the one that packaged up the last 4j fixed version on dffd, and i've just checked and it's the exact same game_data.ini as SWP beta/gold.

if you don't see sorcerer in the role editor's skills, then again, you don't have the right game_data.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:47:13 pm by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 10, 2014, 01:21:14 pm »

Well that makes no sense. Have you verified you can create a custom role that includes sorcery? I'm not home so I can't check all these versions but I have unmodified beta and you say the dffd INI matches beta. So I'm guessing that the dffd ver would have the same issue. I.e. not able to create a custom role w magic skills

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #609 on: April 10, 2014, 02:33:06 pm »

Well that makes no sense. Have you verified you can create a custom role that includes sorcery? I'm not home so I can't check all these versions but I have unmodified beta and you say the dffd INI matches beta. So I'm guessing that the dffd ver would have the same issue. I.e. not able to create a custom role w magic skills
all the mw skills show up in the custom role editing, yes.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »

I think I mixed up Magic (Role) vs Sorcerer (Skill).

I was able to add sorcerer to my military roles

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 16, 2014, 06:48:21 pm »

Recently picked up this off shoot and have been having a problem. I've used the older version of Therapist in the past before with no problems but I'm one of those that likes to make custom job sets and I've ran into some sort of bug I believe.

I was trying to make custom Jobs by turning on off Jobs on a dwarf right clicking on the dwarf and choosing "New Custom Profession From This Dwarf". This should have the boxes marked that are turned on the dwarf checked in the list. But when I try to do this the boxes are unmarked and then I have to dig through the list to mark what I want that job to have turned on.

Don't know if this is an active bug that other people have had problems with or not. Just decided to mention it though.
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2014, 02:30:12 am »

Recently picked up this off shoot and have been having a problem. I've used the older version of Therapist in the past before with no problems but I'm one of those that likes to make custom job sets and I've ran into some sort of bug I believe.

I was trying to make custom Jobs by turning on off Jobs on a dwarf right clicking on the dwarf and choosing "New Custom Profession From This Dwarf". This should have the boxes marked that are turned on the dwarf checked in the list. But when I try to do this the boxes are unmarked and then I have to dig through the list to mark what I want that job to have turned on.

Don't know if this is an active bug that other people have had problems with or not. Just decided to mention it though.
what version of therapist are you using, and what O/S? i tried toggling multiple labors on and off and creating a 'new profession from dwarf' and the correct labors were always toggled. any other info you can provide so i can possibly duplicate the issue?

A

• Escaped Lunatic
  • A for Alphyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 20, 2014, 09:08:06 am »

Could anyone explain how optimization works? How do I configure it properly and what is it supposed to do? All it does for me is removes all the jobs from all the dwarves!

Ok, I'm starting to figure it out, but still, could anyone post a smple optimization plan, perhaps?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:18:39 am by A »

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 21, 2014, 07:26:40 am »

Playing on win7, masterwork DF SWP-gold release (no additional mods, changes or things like that), downloaded 2 weeks ago I'm having a really annoying issue:

It's now the second kobold fort where dt suddenly doesn't work anymore. Both times i were still in first spring when i wanted to reread the bolds and suddenly got the message "dwarf therapist doesn't work anymore"

On the first page of this thread i read that deleting the .ini files would help - no success
Furthermore i read that there might be an issue with items that have no material and thus i encountered that in the 'bone chipper' when using 'make armourset (bone)' produces items without any material ('dogshaped helm' instead of 'bone dogshaped helm')
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 222