Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966707 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #615 on: April 21, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

Playing on win7, masterwork DF SWP-gold release (no additional mods, changes or things like that), downloaded 2 weeks ago I'm having a really annoying issue:

It's now the second kobold fort where dt suddenly doesn't work anymore. Both times i were still in first spring when i wanted to reread the bolds and suddenly got the message "dwarf therapist doesn't work anymore"

On the first page of this thread i read that deleting the .ini files would help - no success
Furthermore i read that there might be an issue with items that have no material and thus i encountered that in the 'bone chipper' when using 'make armourset (bone)' produces items without any material ('dogshaped helm' instead of 'bone dogshaped helm')
it's most likely an issue with materials or certain wounds. i've fixed them up in the github branch, but i haven't packaged it up yet. i'll see about getting a new version up soon.

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2014, 05:18:31 pm »

oh thanks :)

so... is there any way I (total modding noob) could get around with this?
just atomsmashing/burning/trading said material-less armor would like be to easy right?^^

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #617 on: April 23, 2014, 04:32:44 am »

oh thanks :)

so... is there any way I (total modding noob) could get around with this?
just atomsmashing/burning/trading said material-less armor would like be to easy right?^^
even forbidding them may work. the material bug is caused when they're actually wearing an item with no material type. DT now has that equipment column and when it checks a unit's inventory that's when that particular crash occurs. if it's the health/wound bug, then you'd have to heal the unit with dfhack/dfusion.

if you can upload the save though, i can double check and make sure that the fixes in place will resolve your issue. i can't guarantee that it even is a material/wound problem; it might be a new issue i haven't encountered.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 24, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

could there be an option in the ui to change default .ini file locations?

I'd love to move mine to a better place than a folder of AppData\Roaming\UDP Software,

ex. such as my documents

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 08:53:38 am by splinterz »

Laysira

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.6
« Reply #620 on: April 26, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »

I have recently been having some issues with Dwarf Therapist and cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on.
I have an optimization plan that I spent some time working on and it appears to be as I want it. The only issue is that,

I select all my Dwarfs and hit the optimization plan, everything looks good so I commit, I then immediately refresh and the changes revert or go completely haywire.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? It is incredibly irritating when my Dwarfs lose almost all their labors except for one who does everything.

Makes it almost unplayable at that point.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Laysira

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #621 on: April 27, 2014, 02:15:30 am »

I have recently been having some issues with Dwarf Therapist and cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on.
I have an optimization plan that I spent some time working on and it appears to be as I want it. The only issue is that,

I select all my Dwarfs and hit the optimization plan, everything looks good so I commit, I then immediately refresh and the changes revert or go completely haywire.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? It is incredibly irritating when my Dwarfs lose almost all their labors except for one who does everything.

Makes it almost unplayable at that point.

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Laysira
what o/s? what DT version? what DF version?

it should be refreshing automatically after a commit though. maybe you're forcing a refresh during the commit? posting your plan would also help to test it..

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2014, 11:21:48 pm »

Hey, I've been able to build Dwarf Therapist for Ubuntu 12.04, but it's the old version without the helpful mouseover box describing how good a dwarf would be at a particular labour. Am I doing something wrong? I feel like a might have downloaded the wrong source or something.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 08, 2014, 10:31:45 am »

Freshly compiled v21.7 on linux, using with MDF V4j, seeing odd display bug - if I choose the "Don't display children or babies" option, DT will reread and correctly display the headings (for instance, "Dwarves (7)", "Engineer Guild Dwarves (1)"), but it won't show any actual dwarves.

There's no arrows to the left to expand/collapse.  Unsetting the option re-reads and correctly displays all dwarves.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #624 on: May 08, 2014, 11:28:17 am »

Freshly compiled v21.7 on linux, using with MDF V4j, seeing odd display bug - if I choose the "Don't display children or babies" option, DT will reread and correctly display the headings (for instance, "Dwarves (7)", "Engineer Guild Dwarves (1)"), but it won't show any actual dwarves.

There's no arrows to the left to expand/collapse.  Unsetting the option re-reads and correctly displays all dwarves.
you need to update your memory layout files to get the new offsets for the child/baby ages. copy the ini from the source's /etc folder to wherever you're running DT from.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 09, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »

you need to update your memory layout files to get the new offsets for the child/baby ages. copy the ini from the source's /etc folder to wherever you're running DT from.

That was it - I thought had copied the whole etc dir, but apparently I hadn't.  Thanks, splinterz.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2014, 10:44:00 am »

hi splinterz
im find mistake in game_data.ini
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6TwmP/

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2014, 11:06:18 am »

hi splinterz
im find mistake in game_data.ini
http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6TwmP/
thanks for the report, i'll get that fixed up for the next version.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 14, 2014, 10:48:03 am »

hi splinterz, u miss value ?

http://shot.qip.ru/00knEU-6tfn6TwoE/

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch