Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 966802 times)

carkasjak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #855 on: July 15, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »

I only use DT for labors anyway, so the old version is perfect for me!
I'm loving having it back, it made the 37 dwarf migrant wave tolerable.

I used to be like you, but after trying the labor optimizer in the new version I simply cannot go back! I'm gonna wait until it's finished before I start another serious fort :D

Petra

• Bay Watcher
  • Vortex of Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 15, 2014, 03:54:31 pm »

PRAISE ARMOK! A VERSION THAT WORKS WITH 40_03!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 15, 2014, 07:47:29 pm »

yes, but it's hobbled compared to the FEATURES that are in Splinterz version.

I am glad people can assign LABORS in old school DT, I think it's important in moving new versions forward.

Why?  Because the game relies on so much more than labors.

But, assigning labors is like a huge 1st step.

However, the rest of the work is monumental.  So many things affect a dwarf, to include traits that can cause him to lose it at his job, the same with preferences.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:50:53 pm by thistleknot »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 15, 2014, 08:13:08 pm »

I'm sure that it's come up before, but I was thinking about dfhack integration last night.  It could work similarly to Isoworld or (non overlay) Stonesense, as a separate program that has information sent to it by a plugin.  Some incomplete thoughts

Advantages:
 - cuts out issues with implementing found offsets; once dfhack maps are complete it just works again
 - avoids issues with ptrace on Linux systems and generally looks less like malware
 - having a maintained plugin is basically an API, with all the benefits of that
 - generally easier to maintain

Disadvantages:
 - requires either dfhack or maintaining the new system as well as the old (though dfhack is nearly standard now)
 - refactoring would require a fair bit of work
 - slows down this update, but makes future ones easier

Is there some earlier post laying out the reasons not to go down this route?  If not, what are they?  Or would this be considered?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 15, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »

maybe it has to do with this being experimental build in between versions?  Nothings been commited to the main branch; plus it takes a while to figure things "are committed" before versions.  This was all a 1 month brain test on this new method, v15 was the first breakthrough.  But even that wasn't committed.  Splinterz has his own local repository [I'm sure]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:23:24 pm by thistleknot »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 15, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1le3tt4uwkmft1h/DwarfTherapist-0.6.12.zip

It's an older and less advanced version, but it has an important advantage:  it works with DF 40_03.
Yes! Thank you! :D

I have a day off in two days and I will give this a spin (or I'll try it with the next version and go back to 40.03 if it doesn't work with 40.04 :p ). I only really used DF to check out my migrants and swap labours, so all that extra information about likes and such are not needed for how I play with it.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 15, 2014, 08:32:26 pm »

"I only really used DF to check out my migrants and swap labours"

You will find out the hard way when your first CHIEF medical dwarf kills his patient for being pissed off at having to treat another patient.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #862 on: July 15, 2014, 09:59:54 pm »

when your first CHIEF medical dwarf kills his patient for being pissed off at having to treat another patient.
Is that actually a thing? From what I recall, ALTRUISM affects thoughts about rescuing wounded dwarves, not treating their injuries.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

MuthSera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 15, 2014, 10:25:07 pm »

I can't see the status sig. Whats the present status on the memory mapping? Ooooh! D: So excited.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:23 pm »

when your first CHIEF medical dwarf kills his patient for being pissed off at having to treat another patient.
Is that actually a thing? From what I recall, ALTRUISM affects thoughts about rescuing wounded dwarves, not treating their injuries.

I've had a dwarf go insane for treating dwarf's, maybe it wasn't due to being angry at doing the job; but rather not happy at doing it, either way, the way roles are calculated is it takes into consideration preferences and traits.

Those items [aka what are defined within roles] have been based upon "science" discoveries, at least as told to me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:31:15 pm by thistleknot »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:23 pm »

I've had a dwarf go insane for treating dwarf's, maybe it wasn't due to being angry at doing the job; but rather not happy at doing it, either way, the way roles are calculated is it takes into consideration preferences and traits.

Those items [aka what are defined within roles] have been based upon "science" discoveries, at least as told to me.

Never really cared about any of that, really. I just picked a doctor at random (or a dorf I liked).

but it is a GOOD day.

Pheobus w/latest update, DT.......:D
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Politis

• Escaped Lunatic
  • mintpilo
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 15, 2014, 10:48:20 pm »

I can't see the status sig. Whats the present status on the memory mapping? Ooooh! D: So excited.
You mean this?

By the way... if you ever want to check the progress you can find find this image at the top of the DFHack thread. You don't have to look for the signature everytime you want to see it.

KillzEmAllGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Searching for the other sock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 15, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »

I think i did way better without Dwarf Therapist then with it because i was forced to screen dwarfs for what i needed as they idled or arrived then gave them labours.
The only problem i had was the new bugs and the bloody seeds being stolen everytime by a dwarf.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #868 on: July 15, 2014, 11:54:36 pm »

It would have been nice if the link used was http://goo.gl/lJLJk3 so I could stalk everyone figure out how many times people viewed it :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 16, 2014, 12:02:36 am »

"I only really used DF to check out my migrants and swap labours"

You will find out the hard way when your first CHIEF medical dwarf kills his patient for being pissed off at having to treat another patient.

That sounds amazing. I had no idea it was even possible!
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 222