Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968495 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #870 on: July 16, 2014, 03:52:44 am »

I'm sure that it's come up before, but I was thinking about dfhack integration last night.  It could work similarly to Isoworld or (non overlay) Stonesense, as a separate program that has information sent to it by a plugin.  Some incomplete thoughts

Advantages:
 - cuts out issues with implementing found offsets; once dfhack maps are complete it just works again
 - avoids issues with ptrace on Linux systems and generally looks less like malware
 - having a maintained plugin is basically an API, with all the benefits of that
 - generally easier to maintain

Disadvantages:
 - requires either dfhack or maintaining the new system as well as the old (though dfhack is nearly standard now)
 - refactoring would require a fair bit of work
 - slows down this update, but makes future ones easier

Is there some earlier post laying out the reasons not to go down this route?  If not, what are they?  Or would this be considered?
originally when i started working on DT there were few offsets and it seemed like the extra overhead of adapting everything to rely on dfhack wasn't really ideal.

now though, with the amount of offsets i've added, i'm already pretty reliant on the df-structures to get things sorted out, and add new features. i already use a script to pull the specific offsets that DT requires from df-structures and generate the memory layout files. so there isn't really this issue of hunting down each offset, unless i'm feeling particularly masochistic. going this route would probably allow for other features that haven't been possible (creating squads, assigning uniforms, burrow manipulation, etc.)

the downside is mostly about the rewrite to the back-end, and actually figuring out how to do it and trying it out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:32:34 am by splinterz »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #871 on: July 16, 2014, 04:27:26 am »

when your first CHIEF medical dwarf kills his patient for being pissed off at having to treat another patient.
Is that actually a thing? From what I recall, ALTRUISM affects thoughts about rescuing wounded dwarves, not treating their injuries.

I've had a dwarf go insane for treating dwarf's, maybe it wasn't due to being angry at doing the job; but rather not happy at doing it, either way, the way roles are calculated is it takes into consideration preferences and traits.

Those items [aka what are defined within roles] have been based upon "science" discoveries, at least as told to me.
oh they're not all based on !!SCIENCE!! the community has performed. it was a while ago that i made that role, but i'd read through a bunch of threads on what traits people used for what jobs and why. the general consensus favoured altruism, sympathy and possibly self-discipline for the chief medical dwarf. however the effects of most of the personality traits were nebulous at best, but thankfully you can override the default roles right? :D

at any rate, with this new personality facet system it should be much clearer what sort of traits you'll want for particular jobs and we can build some nice roles.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0
« Reply #872 on: July 16, 2014, 08:55:35 am »

i've released the (hopefully) final release for 34.11. yes i know you're all clamouring for a 2014 update asap, but this work was still in progress at the time 2014 was released  :-\

change overview:

• role calculations have been overhauled (about 17 times) based on Thistleknot's hefty spreadsheet work. this change means:
    • roles in the views can be compared to each other directly
    • the labor optimizer's priorities work correctly now (higher priorities are assigned first, this wasn't the case previously)
    • attributes across castes (mods mostly) can also be compared side by side
  • labors can be toggled directly from role cells. this includes toggling multiple labors from a single cell. labors are determined by finding the labors associated to the skills the role has, so it's not quite perfect.
  • sorting persists between views for each type of grouping. eg. every view sorted by caste will keep the same sorting, every view grouped by migration wave can keep another sort order, etc.
  • attributes affected by syndromes will show a highlighted border around the cell, and a highlighted background in the dwarf detail pane
  • equipment wear borders will change opacity depending on how much wear the item has
  • the equipment cells for ammo now group the quantities by quality and material
  • many small fixes to the way cells were drawn

now, onward to DF2014!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 16, 2014, 11:38:36 am »

Will there be osx v.22.0 release too?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #874 on: July 16, 2014, 12:24:18 pm »

only if some kind osx soul compiles the source and packages it up  :-\

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

Hmm. Any guide for idiots how to build it? I'm setting up a 10.9 testing os anyway, might as well install xcode too. Other dependencies beside qt5?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 16, 2014, 03:01:22 pm »

now, onward to DF2014!
Huzzah!

Is there going to be a how-to for us n00bs who only use DT for labors because we didn't know it did all that other stuff?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #877 on: July 16, 2014, 04:09:53 pm »

Hmm. Any guide for idiots how to build it? I'm setting up a 10.9 testing os anyway, might as well install xcode too. Other dependencies beside qt5?
i honestly don't know, i've never built the OSX version myself. Tareq was the one who was compiling and package things for a short while, so if you run into any trouble i'd ask him.

now, onward to DF2014!
Huzzah!

Is there going to be a how-to for us n00bs who only use DT for labors because we didn't know it did all that other stuff?
there is a pdf manual included in the zip files that does a pretty good job. i seem to have left it out of the github repo though.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 16, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

now, onward to DF2014!
Huzzah!

check out:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Dwarf_Therapist_Addons_Repository

SGrayWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2014, 11:21:16 am »

A question regarding Dwarf Therapist...

Can I filter/search/find any or all Rusty or V. Rusty skills with Dwarf Therapist?

I'd hate for a dwarf to lose one of his/her (good) skills cause (s)he forgot to use it in due time. xD

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #880 on: July 17, 2014, 11:25:59 am »

Can I filter/search/find any or all Rusty or V. Rusty skills with Dwarf Therapist?

I'd hate for a dwarf to lose one of his/her (good) skills cause (s)he forgot to use it in due time. xD
not yet, but i'll see about adding it

SGrayWolf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 17, 2014, 11:29:15 am »

not yet, but i'll see about adding it

Thanks splinterz! :}

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 17, 2014, 01:19:46 pm »

I'll try to make an OS X build tonight, if nobody else has.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 17, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »

I'll try to make an OS X build tonight, if nobody else has.
Thx, I ran into a hardware error, so project postponed. :(

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0 | DF 40.03
« Reply #884 on: July 17, 2014, 03:30:45 pm »

well i've hesitantly put up a 40.03 version. i think i've run all the df-structures stuff properly and nothing has exploded on me yet, so.. there's that. any old views and roles etc may break things, so i'd recommend backing up and starting with a fresh Dwarf Therapist.ini.

Download

for now i've grouped the goals and beliefs in with the traits to create a rather large personality section in the tooltips. the dwarf details pane also lumps them in together and color codes them so they should stand out. splitting the trait descriptions from the rest in the tooltip will probably be a good idea (if people just want to see goals/beliefs). otherwise, i don't have any of the race/civs beliefs/values loading, nor comparing to check for conflicting beliefs with individual dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 222