Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968303 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.2
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 06:15:14 am »

Custom grid view I added, doesn't show up in the grid view window.  I created a new "custom" named gridview that never appears to be edited, which means I have to recreate it everytime. The grid view name also doesn't appear in the list of gridviews next to the add button
fixed in the update today
Yeah, I've failed miserably to add a custom scripted role. It would be nice if I could add a scripted role when: defining the grid view and adding a scripted role.  Instead I have to jump into the right .ini file and make changes...  and even when I think I make the right changes, I don't see the script showing as a role to add...
if you don't know what you're doing, you really shouldn't edit the ini directly. you can edit your script in the custom role editor. once you've added a custom role, it will be available as a column to add to any custom views, just like any other column.
argh...I don't know what I'm fucking up, but here is my script that does show in the grid view but as nan (albeit the prior mentioned bugs)
Code: [Select]
//highest weapon, axedwarf (38), speardwarf (43), hammerdwarf (42), swordsdwarf (39), macedwarf (41), knife user (40)
var skills = new Array(d.skill_level(38,false,true), d.skill_level(39,false,true), d.skill_level(40,false,true), d.skill_level(41,false,true), d.skill_level(42,false,true),  d.skill_level(43,false,true));
//skills.sort();
skills.reverse();
skills[0];
this isn't going to do what you want. you should have just used the code i sent you in the pm. reverse simply reverses the values in the array, it's not sorted in any way doing this. furthermore, i already sent you better code with a function to sort it with a comparison function, which is a better solution.
//highest weapon, axedwarf (38), speardwarf (43), hammerdwarf (42), swordsdwarf (39), macedwarf (41), knife user (40)
var skills = {
    new Array(d.skill_level(43,false,true));
    skills.sort();
    skills.reverse();
    skills[0]
    };
this also isn't going to work, because you're attempting to assign the entire script as a variable, of an array type, with code statements as the values. read the documentation on the qscript language, it's very similar to javascript. edit the custom role from the menu, and add this into the script section:
function float_desc(a,b) {return a < b ? 1 : a > b ? -1 : 0;}
var skills = new Array(d.skill_level(38,false,true), d.skill_level(43,false,true), d.skill_level(42,false,true), d.skill_level(39,false,true), d.skill_level(41,false,true), d.skill_level(40,false,true));
skills.sort(float_desc);
skills[0] <= 0 ? 0 : skills[0] / 20 * 100;
the first line declares a function to use for comparison. the second line loads an array of the melee skills, with interpolated values. the next line sorts the array with the comparison function from the first line. finally the first item (highest skill) of the array is checked for negatives, and if it's a positive value, returns a percent as the rating for the role.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:51:59 am by splinterz »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.3
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2013, 09:21:53 am »

DAMN. I came here to congratulate you on how much better the 20.1 version in comparison to the 18 is, and find 2 more updates waiting already. :)

So yeah, I like it. Especially the red ! for the caste sorting. Perfect for the Kobold Camp mod I am doint atm. The normal caste system couldnt catch those... awesome and thanks that you did this :)

I also have a suggestion for another sort-function: Group by marriage status. "Single/Married" and then the two people that are married together in one block/group. That way people can see: Ah, I have 20 singles, 3 couples (couple1, dwarf A and B, couple2, dwarf C and D, couple3, dwarf E and F). Not all too much functionality, more of a roleplay, succession fort feature I guess... but if you want to add another item to your to-do list, there it is. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:13 am »

DAMN. I came here to congratulate you on how much better the 20.1 version in comparison to the 18 is, and find 2 more updates waiting already. :)

So yeah, I like it. Especially the red ! for the caste sorting. Perfect for the Kobold Camp mod I am doint atm. The normal caste system couldnt catch those... awesome and thanks that you did this :)

I also have a suggestion for another sort-function: Group by marriage status. "Single/Married" and then the two people that are married together in one block/group. That way people can see: Ah, I have 20 singles, 3 couples (couple1, dwarf A and B, couple2, dwarf C and D, couple3, dwarf E and F). Not all too much functionality, more of a roleplay, succession fort feature I guess... but if you want to add another item to your to-do list, there it is. ;)
excellent! let me know if i broke anything else masterwork-wise if you notice :D yeah i've been considering adding some kind of group by relations or something, but i was thinking of going further and grouping within groups to add children etc. i'm not sure if it'll be possible though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:09 am »

Like entire family trees? I wouldnt even know how this would fit graphically in the therapist.

I will try the 20.3 now, but I dont think anything will be broken. Besides "reading dwarves" when you are really reading orcs and kobolds, but who cares. The game itself still calls them dwarves at some points. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:23 pm »

Color me confused, I used to be able to right click on a dwarf in order to mess with custom professions, now I can't find the stuff anywhere. Am I missing something?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2013, 01:11:14 pm »

Color me confused, I used to be able to right click on a dwarf in order to mess with custom professions, now I can't find the stuff anywhere. Am I missing something?
yeah i broke something there. fix will be up shortly.

edit: 20.4 up, just to fix the right click menu  :-\
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:27:41 pm by splinterz »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2013, 08:26:29 pm »

ok, your formula's work, I was pasting them in the wrong location.

Anyways... I looked at the source, I don't see functions to return %'s for the attributes or traits... I suspect this will have to be done manually with the script editor, as if I'm calling functions within QT to accomplish the same thing?

BUG:

My squares aren't being drawn right
http://tinypic.com/r/f4ixad/6

using mwmod...  I only get a large square, or nothing.

Update:
that's weird, bug fixed itself when I closed/reopened... could have been because I switched games (i.e. accelmod to mwmod without closing/reopening dt).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:39:08 pm by thistleknot »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2013, 10:12:52 pm »

Minor bug: in DT it says 'happy to have been able to give food / water lately' (in grey), and in DF it says 'irritated at having to give somebody food / water lately'.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2013, 06:05:05 am »

Anyways... I looked at the source, I don't see functions to return %'s for the attributes or traits... I suspect this will have to be done manually with the script editor, as if I'm calling functions within QT to accomplish the same thing?
the only available values for scripts are the raw values. attribute adjusted could be made available, but skill and trait ratings aren't stored so they'll require a bit more work.
Minor bug: in DT it says 'happy to have been able to give food / water lately' (in grey), and in DF it says 'irritated at having to give somebody food / water lately'.
yeah it's grey because it may be positive or negative depending on the individual. i'll have to see about checking traits for certain thoughts or changing the description.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

Thanks for your continued support and improvements!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2013, 07:33:25 pm »

here's my role for melee dwarf (my prior one got cut off)

it's a 1:1:1 attribute:skill:trait ratio (I think there all equally important in combat, but that's my opinion)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2013, 08:57:52 pm »

is it a bug if the happiness reported is above 100?  I have a lot of dwarf's with ranges above 100

update:
nm, splinterz told me to check the wiki and stated 150+ is ecstatic

btw:

I think a trait weight of <.5 (assuming default is 1 for all) is WAY too low, only because of the cmd.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 06:56:29 pm by thistleknot »

yenticha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:46 pm »

Hi,

first, thank you so much for all the work!

Now, my question: I'm running linux (mint), DF 34.11, and I can't connect DT to my fortress. I've tried replacing the ini file (the one called 34.11), with one posted somewhere in another thread (hmm), without success.

Any "official" memory layout that would work? Should I absolutely use ubuntu for it to work?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:25 am »

Hi,

first, thank you so much for all the work!

Now, my question: I'm running linux (mint), DF 34.11, and I can't connect DT to my fortress. I've tried replacing the ini file (the one called 34.11), with one posted somewhere in another thread (hmm), without success.

Any "official" memory layout that would work? Should I absolutely use ubuntu for it to work?
i've only tested with ubuntu, but perhaps this memory layout will help you, if you're using this version. if you're using the old DT, they may not work.

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:10 am »

How do I get Therapist to show the different skill rates and to sort by them in the newest version? The new features are pretty awesome, but you seem to have removed that one.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 222