Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968293 times)

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0 | DF 40.03
« Reply #915 on: July 19, 2014, 09:43:16 am »

Sorry for not getting an OS X build up. I didn't have a complete setup on my laptop on the plane, and only just got wifi again. I'll try to sort it out today.

notfood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 19, 2014, 11:46:17 am »

Tested Linux 40.03, everything is running smoothly, no bugs so far.

Hmm. When I fire up Dwarf Therapist, DF stops updating the window and just goes blank. I'm running Debian Jessie, and I did notice that even though I followed the instructions in BUILDING.txt, there's no "dwarftherapist" script in /usr/bin, just the DwarfTherapist binary. Did I do something wrong here?

It's called DwarfTherapist. Maybe disable connect on start up and check if ptrace is disabled, then connect manually. Check the console output for errors.

sysctl -w kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=0

DebugOctopus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 19, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »

After I got 33 Dwarves, Dwarf Therapist started crashing when connecting to Dwarf Fortress. I looked in the log file and it says there are dozens of squads active, yet this is simply not the case. I do not have any squads at the moment.

I've included my DF40.03 install and my DT23.0 install in their entirety if you'd like to investigate the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8r88kvrhdsioa9/Debug_Octo's_crashing_DT23.0_&_Dwarf_Fortress_40.03.zip

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and have an Intel i3570k 3.40ghz processor if that helps any. Feel free to email me if you need more info: debugoctopus@gmail.com

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #918 on: July 19, 2014, 03:31:19 pm »

After I got 33 Dwarves, Dwarf Therapist started crashing when connecting to Dwarf Fortress. I looked in the log file and it says there are dozens of squads active, yet this is simply not the case. I do not have any squads at the moment.

I've included my DF40.03 install and my DT23.0 install in their entirety if you'd like to investigate the problem.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d8r88kvrhdsioa9/Debug_Octo's_crashing_DT23.0_&_Dwarf_Fortress_40.03.zip

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and have an Intel i3570k 3.40ghz processor if that helps any. Feel free to email me if you need more info: debugoctopus@gmail.com
it would appear the aptly named 'Asshole' Cattentosed in your fort somehow belongs to a squad that doesn't exist (or is an old squad?). until i get a fix out for DT, you might be able to work around the issue by assigning and then removing him from a new squad in game, and then try firing up DT.

DebugOctopus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 19, 2014, 04:10:39 pm »

Ah yes, 'Asshole' Cattentosed... Fishing when he wasn't supposed to be, now breaking DT23.0... He'll be in a squad on the front line in no time.

Thanks for the tip, it worked.  :)

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 19, 2014, 05:21:11 pm »

I've got a build that works and deals with Qt's setuid defenses, but I need to figure out the offsets now. The memory scanner isn't giving me any love, I'm not sure if it's up-to-date with v40 anyway.

I understand that the Windows offsets were derived from the df-structures work. Could someone give me a bit of detail on that process so I could repeat it for OS X?

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 19, 2014, 05:54:56 pm »

40.01 and 40.03 seem to be stable for linux. the osx ones should be able to be used by just updating the hash.

How would one update the hash, exactly?

Schaluck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 19, 2014, 05:57:46 pm »

the following offsets should work for os x. They are just linux offsets with a corrected checksum for 0.40.03. They shortly worked for me but I cant get them to work anymore with the old DT version.

How did you fix the Qt setuid issues?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #923 on: July 19, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

the following offsets should work for os x. They are just linux offsets with a corrected checksum for 0.40.03. They shortly worked for me but I cant get them to work anymore with the old DT version.

How did you fix the Qt setuid issues?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
the global [addresses] section may be different and have to be verified. i don't remember if those were identical between osx and linux, but i don't believe they were. this is the df-structures guide to reset and find the global offsets.

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 19, 2014, 08:03:10 pm »

So... I'm maybe... dumb... but I can't figure out how to see Strength and Dexterity, etc. any more. I'm certain it used to be there somewhere... I've tried searching for a while, but I keep finding either really old posts from like 2012, or new stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the physical attributes.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:14 pm »

There is actually a manual in Dwarf Therapist Folder that covers all that stuff

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 19, 2014, 08:28:41 pm »

So... I'm maybe... dumb... but I can't figure out how to see Strength and Dexterity, etc. any more. I'm certain it used to be there somewhere... I've tried searching for a while, but I keep finding either really old posts from like 2012, or new stuff that doesn't have anything to do with the physical attributes.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

you must be running 0.6.12 branch ver 23 vs 0.6.12

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg5484671#msg5484671
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:11:08 am by thistleknot »

pexium

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Had "fun" recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 20, 2014, 12:57:31 am »

I've got a build that works and deals with Qt's setuid defenses, but I need to figure out the offsets now. The memory scanner isn't giving me any love, I'm not sure if it's up-to-date with v40 anyway.

I understand that the Windows offsets were derived from the df-structures work. Could someone give me a bit of detail on that process so I could repeat it for OS X?

Good luck on getting the Mac OS X version working, Shaver.

No matter WHERE I build my depot, the damn traders get stuck.  They get stuck in the woods.  They get stuck on the road, and if you explain that one to me, I'll give you a sweet.  They get stuck entering the depot.  They get stuck leaving the depot.  They rocket all over the map, but can't trade.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 20, 2014, 02:00:02 am »

I noticed that Running a large world made DT read and update dwarf data much much slower now compared to a pocket world. It takes maybe 20 seconds to update dwarves on my Wine setup for a large world. A pocket world is instant as before. 

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 20, 2014, 02:08:05 am »

I've got a build that works and deals with Qt's setuid defenses.
Can you post the changes somewhere? My build refuse to run because of setuid.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 222