Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968325 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.1 | DF 40.04
« Reply #960 on: July 21, 2014, 03:50:27 pm »

This has probably been asked before, but are you planning to make DT work with DF 40.02?

Please try reading the posts before and visit the dffd site of DT memory layouts.
The DT update was out only few hours after DF update and is available for 40.04.

Dwarf Therapist v.23.1 works with DF 40.01, 40.03, 40.04, but does not work with 40.02.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:00:55 pm by Nikita »

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0 | DF 40.03
« Reply #961 on: July 21, 2014, 04:01:24 pm »

Oh, do we need an OS X build of the latest v34 release? I could do that more easily!

After your help I managed to get one running. It's good to be able to build things, thx. :)
All I need for v23 is the offsets...

@splinterz: I think it's best if you upload the new version to dffd, though if you want me to I'll upload it.
DT osx v22 for df34.11
tested on 10.7.5 and 10.9.3

Yeah, I'm stumped on the offsets. Quietust was working on them in #dfhack last night, but I couldn't follow what he was doing. :-(

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.22.0 | DF 40.03
« Reply #962 on: July 21, 2014, 04:33:06 pm »

Oh, do we need an OS X build of the latest v34 release? I could do that more easily!

After your help I managed to get one running. It's good to be able to build things, thx. :)
All I need for v23 is the offsets...

@splinterz: I think it's best if you upload the new version to dffd, though if you want me to I'll upload it.
DT osx v22 for df34.11
tested on 10.7.5 and 10.9.3
thanks Fricy. i've uploaded it to the current OSX listing on dffd.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #963 on: July 21, 2014, 04:34:28 pm »

This has probably been asked before, but are you planning to make DT work with DF 40.02?

Please try reading the posts before and visit the dffd site of DT memory layouts.
The DT update was out only few hours after DF update and is available for 40.04.

Dwarf Therapist v.23.1 works with DF 40.01, 40.03, 40.04, but does not work with 40.02.
that's correct, 40.02 was passed over. i honestly wouldn't have added 40.01 either due to how broken it is, but those offsets happened to already be there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 21, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »

so... is there away to make dwarf therapist work with adventure mode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

shaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 21, 2014, 05:58:00 pm »

Quietust looks to be making progress on the offsets, but until he pushes his fix for world at least I can't do much but stay out of his way. (Which arguably will be my biggest contribution anyway, I suspect.)

I have a local patch that I've been working on (against the 34.11 version) that lets me assign dwarves to any number of custom groups. I can have haulers or craftsdwarves or unassigned militia or such, and filter on them. It's working pretty well as far as I can tell. I need to do two things now: save the group definitions (I can copy whatever custom profs do), and save the group<->dwarf membership information per-save. Is there a way to get the path to the currently loaded save? I can do it from dfhack (df::global::world->cur_savegame.save_dir), but I don't see how I would do it from within DT itself.

After that I might like to do burrow stuff, which I guess is more offset wrangling...

(QtCreator wants to put ^Ms at the end of all the lines it touches, which makes me somewhat cross. Anyone know how to prevent that?)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 21, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »

DT .23 (and .23.1) is crashing on my DF40.04 save (started in DF40.03)
do you want to take a look? if so, where should I upload my save?

just read back a bit, maybe it's the migrants/squads thing.
how would I find which dwarfs are migrants/causing the problem so I can remove and add them to a squad?
maybe I should just remove everyone and re-add them.

edit again:
re-read all those posts about the crash and realised it's caused by a new migrant who's not yet been put in a squad, and I need to find that dwarf and put him in a squad in this fortress.
what am I looking for in the DF run.log? from what I understand from the other posts, he's a dwarf from a prior fort (maybe this one from before I abandoned, then reclaimed?) who was in a squad back then.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:52:54 pm by se5a »

Claije

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 21, 2014, 08:35:41 pm »

Howdy! Thanks for keeping Dwarf Therapist available to the public splinterz, would be lost without it.

I noticed that when sorting by migration wave it's ordered by season first, and then year. "Arrived in SEASON of the year NUMBER" and I was wondering if it was possible to get it to show in chronological order (i.e. "Arrived in year NUMBER of SEASON. Although autumn would still come before Spring and Summer in this ordering) It's nice to have the additional information, but I actually miss the chronological order of the original's simple "migration wave X".

Edit: I'm dumb, I just had to click the main bar to sort in chronological order.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:34:22 pm by Claije »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #968 on: July 22, 2014, 02:53:22 am »

Quietust looks to be making progress on the offsets, but until he pushes his fix for world at least I can't do much but stay out of his way. (Which arguably will be my biggest contribution anyway, I suspect.)

I have a local patch that I've been working on (against the 34.11 version) that lets me assign dwarves to any number of custom groups. I can have haulers or craftsdwarves or unassigned militia or such, and filter on them. It's working pretty well as far as I can tell. I need to do two things now: save the group definitions (I can copy whatever custom profs do), and save the group<->dwarf membership information per-save. Is there a way to get the path to the currently loaded save? I can do it from dfhack (df::global::world->cur_savegame.save_dir), but I don't see how I would do it from within DT itself.

After that I might like to do burrow stuff, which I guess is more offset wrangling...

(QtCreator wants to put ^Ms at the end of all the lines it touches, which makes me somewhat cross. Anyone know how to prevent that?)
the custom groups concept sounds interesting. you'll probably have to add the offset to DT for world.cur_savegame.save_dir from df-structure's globals.csv to get the current saved game directory. i have no idea about the ^M thing.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #969 on: July 22, 2014, 02:54:46 am »

DT .23 (and .23.1) is crashing on my DF40.04 save (started in DF40.03)
do you want to take a look? if so, where should I upload my save?

just read back a bit, maybe it's the migrants/squads thing.
how would I find which dwarfs are migrants/causing the problem so I can remove and add them to a squad?
maybe I should just remove everyone and re-add them.

edit again:
re-read all those posts about the crash and realised it's caused by a new migrant who's not yet been put in a squad, and I need to find that dwarf and put him in a squad in this fortress.
what am I looking for in the DF run.log? from what I understand from the other posts, he's a dwarf from a prior fort (maybe this one from before I abandoned, then reclaimed?) who was in a squad back then.
the squad crash should have been fixed with 23.1, so you might have found another problem due to the reclaim. best to upload the save if possible so i can take a look.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #970 on: July 22, 2014, 03:26:45 am »

Howdy! Thanks for keeping Dwarf Therapist available to the public splinterz, would be lost without it.

I noticed that when sorting by migration wave it's ordered by season first, and then year. "Arrived in SEASON of the year NUMBER" and I was wondering if it was possible to get it to show in chronological order (i.e. "Arrived in year NUMBER of SEASON. Although autumn would still come before Spring and Summer in this ordering) It's nice to have the additional information, but I actually miss the chronological order of the original's simple "migration wave X".
i'm not sure i follow. it's not sorting by the titles, it's actually sorting by the migration wave (100000 * arrival_year + 10000 * arrival_season + 100 * arrival_month + arrival_day). an example with my current fort:

Year 5 - Spring
Year 5 - Summer
Year 5 - Autumn
Year 6 - Spring
Year 6 - Summer

and then sorting the other direction reverses the list. what sorting would you expect to see in this example?

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 22, 2014, 03:33:23 am »

Morning Splinterz. Love the new DT. on 23.1 I have developed an odd bug where it does not recognise any squad at all? Could it be an unintended consequence of the too many squads fix?

Olivine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 22, 2014, 03:48:51 am »

For those having trouble with weird sorting, it might help to click the top-left blank space in the chart; sometimes the information will not start out properly sorted, but if you re-sort it seems to come good.

I have noticed this behaviour with migration wave, happiness, and legendary status and each time clicking that box put things in a more logical order.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #973 on: July 22, 2014, 04:02:27 am »

Morning Splinterz. Love the new DT. on 23.1 I have developed an odd bug where it does not recognise any squad at all? Could it be an unintended consequence of the too many squads fix?
indeed, i've broken it completely!

Felgard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 22, 2014, 05:27:19 am »

i'm not sure i follow. it's not sorting by the titles, it's actually sorting by the migration wave (100000 * arrival_year + 10000 * arrival_season + 100 * arrival_month + arrival_day). an example with my current fort:

Year 5 - Spring
Year 5 - Summer
Year 5 - Autumn
Year 6 - Spring
Year 6 - Summer

and then sorting the other direction reverses the list. what sorting would you expect to see in this example?

I've had this to i went to sort after migration wave expecting the last one to be show furthest down the list instead it ended up second to the top clicking to sort by name fixed it but before that it was sorted like this

spring 1
spring 2
summer 1
Autumn 1
winter 1
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 222