Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968290 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.1 | DF 40.04
« Reply #975 on: July 22, 2014, 05:34:09 am »

Howdy! Thanks for keeping Dwarf Therapist available to the public splinterz, would be lost without it.

I noticed that when sorting by migration wave it's ordered by season first, and then year. "Arrived in SEASON of the year NUMBER" and I was wondering if it was possible to get it to show in chronological order (i.e. "Arrived in year NUMBER of SEASON. Although autumn would still come before Spring and Summer in this ordering) It's nice to have the additional information, but I actually miss the chronological order of the original's simple "migration wave X".
i'm not sure i follow. it's not sorting by the titles, it's actually sorting by the migration wave (100000 * arrival_year + 10000 * arrival_season + 100 * arrival_month + arrival_day). an example with my current fort:

Year 5 - Spring
Year 5 - Summer
Year 5 - Autumn
Year 6 - Spring
Year 6 - Summer

and then sorting the other direction reverses the list. what sorting would you expect to see in this example?

I've had this to i went to sort after migration wave expecting the last one to be show furthest down the list instead it ended up second to the top clicking to sort by name fixed it but before that it was sorted like this

spring 1
spring 2
summer 1
Autumn 1
winter 1
it sounds like it may be an issue with how it's sorting immediately after you choose a group? i've been able to reproduce that (choosing a group keeps the last sort order, instead of re-sorting based on the group aggregate values)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 22, 2014, 05:53:14 am »

DT .23 (and .23.1) is crashing on my DF40.04 save (started in DF40.03)
do you want to take a look? if so, where should I upload my save?

just read back a bit, maybe it's the migrants/squads thing.
how would I find which dwarfs are migrants/causing the problem so I can remove and add them to a squad?
maybe I should just remove everyone and re-add them.

edit again:
re-read all those posts about the crash and realised it's caused by a new migrant who's not yet been put in a squad, and I need to find that dwarf and put him in a squad in this fortress.
what am I looking for in the DF run.log? from what I understand from the other posts, he's a dwarf from a prior fort (maybe this one from before I abandoned, then reclaimed?) who was in a squad back then.
the squad crash should have been fixed with 23.1, so you might have found another problem due to the reclaim. best to upload the save if possible so i can take a look.

ok I uploaded it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdai61weo2erdj8/region1.zip%20-%20Shortcut.lnk
DT was working post reclaim (I think I wasn't even using DT before the reclaim anyway)
other than using Phoebus graphics set there's no mods. 

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #977 on: July 22, 2014, 05:55:44 am »

DT .23 (and .23.1) is crashing on my DF40.04 save (started in DF40.03)
do you want to take a look? if so, where should I upload my save?

just read back a bit, maybe it's the migrants/squads thing.
how would I find which dwarfs are migrants/causing the problem so I can remove and add them to a squad?
maybe I should just remove everyone and re-add them.

edit again:
re-read all those posts about the crash and realised it's caused by a new migrant who's not yet been put in a squad, and I need to find that dwarf and put him in a squad in this fortress.
what am I looking for in the DF run.log? from what I understand from the other posts, he's a dwarf from a prior fort (maybe this one from before I abandoned, then reclaimed?) who was in a squad back then.
the squad crash should have been fixed with 23.1, so you might have found another problem due to the reclaim. best to upload the save if possible so i can take a look.

ok I uploaded it to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdai61weo2erdj8/region1.zip%20-%20Shortcut.lnk
DT was working post reclaim (I think I wasn't even using DT before the reclaim anyway)
other than using Phoebus graphics set there's no mods.
that seems to be a shortcut to the zip, rather than the zip itself ;)

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:04 am »

Doh. thought it uploaded awfully fast.
uploading the actual one now, it'll take a while on this crappy adsl upload speed.

Hairy Dude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.6
« Reply #979 on: July 22, 2014, 08:40:31 am »

Code: [Select]
william:~/Applications/df_linux$ sudo ./Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/DwarfTherapist
QProcess: Destroyed while process ("/usr/bin/env") is still running.

I also briefly saw the window open and close very quickly.

Same here. Using Mint 17 which is a fork of Ubuntu Trusty. My (self-built) Dwarf Therapist is in /opt and owned by root, if that makes a difference. It makes no difference whether I run it as me or as root. I've enabled ptrace - the only error is this "Destroyed" message.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #980 on: July 22, 2014, 09:01:19 am »

william:~/Applications/df_linux$ sudo ./Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/DwarfTherapist

Same here. Using Mint 17 which is a fork of Ubuntu Trusty. My (self-built) Dwarf Therapist is in /opt and owned by root, if that makes a difference. It makes no difference whether I run it as me or as root. I've enabled ptrace - the only error is this "Destroyed" message.
does running the dwarftherapist script in /usr/bin have the same problem?

Hairy Dude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 22, 2014, 10:28:24 am »

does running the dwarftherapist script in /usr/bin have the same problem?
Um, there is no such script. I installed it under /opt.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 22, 2014, 11:00:41 am »

Calling DwarfTherapist from /usr/share/dwarftherapist solved this for me, trying to invoke it from any other folder results in that problem. There's a shell script inside the dist folder(in the DT source tree) which handles that for you.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 22, 2014, 11:52:39 am »

Any progress on a linux/OSX release? I *suppose* I could find the source and build it myself, but I only sort of know what I'm doing. No rush anyway, no fortress has even hit 20 dwarves yet.

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 22, 2014, 12:19:29 pm »

Hello, this is just a post to record that I'm aware of the new Dwarf Fortress release, and will leaf through the user guide to update it to match sometime soon. I'll also publish the LaTeX source code, after I tidy the file a bit.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Innomination

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »

Any progress on a linux/OSX release? I *suppose* I could find the source and build it myself, but I only sort of know what I'm doing. No rush anyway, no fortress has even hit 20 dwarves yet.

I think linux should be good now. OS X release is waiting on the memory layout, which the folks at DFHack are working on. The current version of DT can be compiled on Mac, but won't recognize the DF app running.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 22, 2014, 03:33:58 pm »

I think linux should be good now. OS X release is waiting on the memory layout, which the folks at DFHack are working on. The current version of DT can be compiled on Mac, but won't recognize the DF app running.
Oh, I see. That actually makes a lot of sense. Well. I will be patient and appreciative of all the good work they do then.

Kluten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 22, 2014, 04:31:07 pm »

Was using Therapist and having a good time. When i got to around 60 dwarves Therapist just suddently stopped working. I've tried closing and rebooting but nothing works. Also tried to retire fortress then unretire it. (It still works when i start a new game)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #989 on: July 22, 2014, 04:38:06 pm »

DT crashing save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bgvelq88rptxrjz/region1.zip
you found a new (un)happiness thought, congratulations! one of your dwarves had 'suffered through his spouse's miscarriage recently'. this is fixed in the new version.

Was using Therapist and having a good time. When i got to around 60 dwarves Therapist just suddently stopped working. I've tried closing and rebooting but nothing works. Also tried to retire fortress then unretire it. (It still works when i start a new game)
see if it's still crashing on the last (23.2) version.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 222