Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962493 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.1
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:13 am »

Thanks! I'm a newb.And a question about the Therapist: When my cursor hang on A profession icon,a tooltip shows. What does the VALUE after the PROFESSION NAME mean?
Such as miner(0), farmer(39) woodworker(1)

(sorry i don't know how to upload my screenshot)

that's the id number of the profession. it's mostly useful if you're writing filter scripts to show/hide particular professions. ie. only show miners with d.raw_profession() == 0

Meekohi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 09:21:09 am »

Are there any plans to release for OSX or are there any directions to compile for OSX? Thanks for your work.

I dream of this.

hehehillman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 10:48:22 am »

Thanks! I'm a newb.And a question about the Therapist: When my cursor hang on A profession icon,a tooltip shows. What does the VALUE after the PROFESSION NAME mean?
Such as miner(0), farmer(39) woodworker(1)

(sorry i don't know how to upload my screenshot)

that's the id number of the profession. it's mostly useful if you're writing filter scripts to show/hide particular professions. ie. only show miners with d.raw_profession() == 0

Thanks!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:13 am »

Are there any plans to release for OSX or are there any directions to compile for OSX? Thanks for your work.

I dream of this.

unfortunately i have no experience at all with anything osx related. i know that the previous version had some work done to support osx but i can't say if it worked properly.

Skin36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 04:44:36 pm »

why DT shows  "does not mind being outdoors"  instead "likes working outdoors "  ?

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2013, 05:40:28 pm »

In the current version, 20.1, under the Military-Alt tab, if you look at the role for Marksdwarf the weighting is .15 *Anxiety*.  Every other military role is .15 Anger.  I assume this is a typo?  Why would anxiety make your dwarf better as a crossbowman?  Is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere?

*edit*
I looked through the game_data.ini file and found the offending line:
"9\traits\1\id=0"

I changed it to
"9\traits\1\id=1"

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2013, 05:51:29 pm »

I still think there should be a melee dwarf and ranged dwarf role in the tabs vs all these specific ones...

I had an idea for it that I displayed to splinterz in the past.

Define your categories that make up a melee dwarf (i.e. combat skills, weapon skills, armor skills)
then include in each category the sub-categorie skills.

For example:
weapons groups: all weapons would be part of the role at equal percentage.

i.e.

@ 33% combat skills, equally weighted
  i.e. dodge
  i.e. fighter
@ 33% armor skills, equally weighted
  i.e. armor user (ex... 1/2 of 33%)
  i.e. shield user
@ 33% weapon skills (All weapons), equally weighted
  i.e. mace (i.e. 1/3 of 33%)
  i.e. sword
  i.e. warhammer

Mine is a bit more elaborate (may have varying % for each category vs the default 33% described above), being so I just pasted a picture of how mine is setup (as you can see looking at my skill groups, each number that was the same weight as the next was treated as the same within that category).

The reason I recommend this setup is this way I can create squads where melee weapon is chosen by the dwarf rather than having to create the melee category for each squad...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:10:27 pm by thistleknot »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2013, 06:52:30 pm »

Okay I figured out how to create my own grid view, with my custom roles. 

However now my issue is that 'ranged dwarves' and 'melee dwarves' seem to be nearly identical in their respective roles.  I put roughly equal stats, traits, skills and preferences.  Melee guys like melee weapons, ranged like ranged.  Ranged dwarves have ranged skills, melee have melee.  But untrained dwarves seem pretty darn equally fit for either role, and I want to differentiate the two more. 

Could you show me more of that stat weighting you just posted?  How do you have it set up for your ranged dwarves?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

ranged

the secret if there close is to use the labor optimizer (it's funny, this exact scenario of dwarf's close to each other was the exact reason I based my formula of the labor optimizer the way it is).

i.e. if you have a bunch of dwarf's that are similar in ranking, you want that dwarf to do whatever it's best at.

in the case of militia dwarf's, you want the dwarf to do whatever job he's best at.

whether it's militia or ranged...

yes, they are close, because there mainly based on similar attributes and traits (and skills)

but using the labor optimizer, you can assign a custom role to say architect for ranged dwarf's, and then mechanic for melee dwarf's (just an example), then re-assign them to squads after the labor optimizer does it's job, then unassign their labors
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:30:49 pm by thistleknot »

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2013, 11:21:20 pm »

I see... I've been using labor optimizer heavily, in fact i doubt i could stand manually adjusting dwarves anymore, but I've been picking out military dwarves by hand, then having labor optimizer ignore squads. 

So you're suggesting I use labor optimizer itself to select the military dwarves?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2013, 12:53:09 am »

yes. but since it cant assign. i merely use it to mark whos a good fit for what role (melee vs ranged). then assign manually to a matching squad after they r marked.

if its possible. i might just rely on a script that just returns the higjest weapon skill vs all the weapon skills
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:41:55 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2013, 10:07:01 am »

In the current version, 20.1, under the Military-Alt tab, if you look at the role for Marksdwarf the weighting is .15 *Anxiety*.  Every other military role is .15 Anger.  I assume this is a typo?  Why would anxiety make your dwarf better as a crossbowman?  Is there a way to change this in the settings somewhere?

*edit*
I looked through the game_data.ini file and found the offending line:
"9\traits\1\id=0"

I changed it to
"9\traits\1\id=1"

yes that's a typo, it should have been anger. the default roles in general should probably be tweaked to be a bit more accurate. they were quickly setup and intended to be a starting point for people to create their own roles. all the attributes, for example, have been taken from the wiki page, however they state that there's not really any proof that any of those attributes actually make a difference.

strength and agility are also attributes that are ideal for virtually every job because they affect a dwarf's movement speed. creativity is the only one that i've seen proof that it can help in getting higher quality crafted items, but only until the dwarf is legendary, if i remember correctly. this uncertainty regarding attributes is the reason i've set the highest weight on skill levels instead.

for military roles again the defaults are lacking and i should spend some time to update them. most of them don't even have disease resistance nor recuperation, which is a big deal, since it's an attribute that can't be improved! i've also read that perhaps student should be fairly important for military training as well, possibly observer too. i had originally put in generalized 'melee' and 'ranged' roles, but i found them lacking since i usually look for dwarfs that already have experience in a particular weapon skill. it wouldn't be a big issue to add them if people find them useful.

i was hoping that more people would contribute roles so i could replace the current basic (and sometimes wrong) default roles as things progressed. unfortunately that didn't work out too well, so i'll just have to suck it up, do some research, and spend some time modifying the current default roles so they make more sense and are based on attributes and traits that are known to actually affect jobs.

TL;DR: i need to revisit the default roles.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2013, 10:29:34 am »

I was able to tweak my two custom roles to further differentiate melee and ranged dwarves, my issue was that by having the "Trait" section equally weighted with the others I was somehow getting dwarves that were '1650% suited' for the role.  I bumped down the trait weight to a measly .05 and was able to get role fits between 0% and 100%.  Then I modified each set so that one had preferences for melee weapons, one had preferences for ranged weapons and their ammos.  I favored agility and focus on ranged dwarves, strength toughness willpower more heavily for melee. 

Here's an example of what I ended up with, since there's still overlap there's often dwarves that are well suited to both, but you can still clearly see which one they would be better at. 

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2013, 10:45:22 am »

did I lose the ability to add custom roles via scripts?  I'm trying to see if I can create a custom role that returns the highest weapon skills so I can create a generic melee/ranged dwarf again vs these custom ones.

I've tried these
89\name = MeleeDwarf
89\script = "latestiteration"
90\name = MeleeDwarf
90\script = latestiteration
91\name = MeleeDwarf
91\script = <"latestiteration">

and there not showing up in my custom roles... I really don't care for individualized melee dwarf's, I was hoping to return the highest weapons skill for my role and I was trying to test it out, but I can't seem to get it to show up :`(

btw, a 1650% role rating is a bug.  It should never exceed 100%
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:56:08 am by thistleknot »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2013, 12:16:45 pm »

Minor bug: Misc. Object User skill shows as 0XP in the table, but correctly in the tooltips.

why DT shows  "does not mind being outdoors"  instead "likes working outdoors "  ?
There are two levels of outdoors tolerance in DF. "Likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather", and "does not mind being outdoors, at least for a time". I don't know if DT handles those separately or not.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 222