Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962613 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.6 BETA
« Reply #315 on: October 05, 2013, 09:00:41 am »

When id click on the traits gridview. And hover my mouse over a dwarfs specific trait value (in the gridview). When i did so for assertiveness i was getting no description. Such as "ex. Constant internal state of rage" albeit for assertiveness.

Ill have to check again when i get home

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:10 am »

Did you manage to put in the patches to get DT to work on OSX?

boroda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 05, 2013, 10:18:08 am »

Can't build linux version

Ubuntu 12.04

It can't found qt widgets
$ qmake
Project MESSAGE: Release Mode
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux Install
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widget

But libqt4-dev(and all other dependent packages) installed and header files existing
$ find /usr -iname "QWidget.h" -type f
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwidget.h
/usr/include/qt4/Qt/qwidget.h

Google not answered, anybody have ideas?
PS: original builded successfully

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #318 on: October 05, 2013, 10:24:11 am »

Can't build linux version

Ubuntu 12.04

It can't found qt widgets
$ qmake
Project MESSAGE: Release Mode
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux
Project MESSAGE: Setting up for Linux Install
Project MESSAGE: Warning: unknown QT: widget

But libqt4-dev(and all other dependent packages) installed and header files existing
$ find /usr -iname "QWidget.h" -type f
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwidget.h
/usr/include/qt4/Qt/qwidget.h

Google not answered, anybody have ideas?
PS: original builded successfully
latest version is built with qt 5.1.1

boroda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 05, 2013, 11:42:58 am »

Work fine, many thanks

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 05, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

I double checked, I have no issue with assertiveness, the description was pretty slim though, but I guess that's just how the game handles it.

I still don't see why Immoderation isn't inverted. NICE, IT'S AN INI INVERSION!, straightforwardness may need some insight on...

I know from real world experience.  Some people don't like to hear they need to brush their teeth.  I guess you can always backtrack on it by appeasing someway, but... leaders always need straightforwardness

Here's the 20.6.2 built version (download 20.6, replace exe with this file)
http://www.mediafire.com/?rdwxwx8s5pwwdjr

On trait inversion.

When the traits are inverted. Is the formula for converting a non normal to normal trait, before conversion to a percent, inverted to?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:07:06 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 06, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

what's a filter script to exclude hospitalized?

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2013, 11:23:26 pm »

I'll see if I can't get around to doing some coherent editing this weekend.
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2013, 02:25:45 am »

currently it's just the trait drawing that's inverted, the actual raw rating is still used for roles and such. i didn't want to break any custom roles, and with the changes Toady is making to personalities, that'll be the time to revisit this again i think.

if you only want to check for hospitalized (resting) dwarfs, you can actually just check the current job for resting, but i don't think i've exposed that to the script engine (yet). if you want to check for something specific you can use d.has_health_issue(category_id,idx). passing -1 for the idx will return true if anything in the category is found. there's a table in the script thinger™ for reference.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:20:45 am by splinterz »

ytterbium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2013, 03:01:23 am »

Hello, I have a little problem : I have no text in my menu.

I compiled the latest version under manjaro (based on arch linux). And even older version (up to 20.3) doesn't work.
However, the old dwarftherapist work, and if I build it form a virtual machine, it is OK.

What could be the reason of this bug ?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2013, 07:21:07 am »

Hello, I have a little problem : I have no text in my menu.

I compiled the latest version under manjaro (based on arch linux). And even older version (up to 20.3) doesn't work.
However, the old dwarftherapist work, and if I build it form a virtual machine, it is OK.

What could be the reason of this bug ?
probably an issue with the default font that's hardcoded in. i've just updated the source and it inadvertently includes some changes to the default font stuff which may fix it, so give that a try.

ytterbium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2013, 12:32:30 pm »

probably an issue with the default font that's hardcoded in. i've just updated the source and it inadvertently includes some changes to the default font stuff which may fix it, so give that a try.
No, it doesn't still work.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2013, 06:10:28 pm »

currently it's just the trait drawing that's inverted, the actual raw rating is still used for roles and such. i didn't want to break any custom roles, and with the changes Toady is making to personalities, that'll be the time to revisit this again i think.

this might be important to include in the release notes.  So people don't try to create roles based on inverted traits.  This can currently be accounted for by manually inverting in the role though (I believe).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2013, 04:17:20 am »

this might be important to include in the release notes.  So people don't try to create roles based on inverted traits.  This can currently be accounted for by manually inverting in the role though (I believe).
it's in the patch notes, maybe it wasn't clear enough?

DanielTDS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A Dwarf Therapist's question
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »

Well, before anything, I would like to thank you for making this improved version of Dwarf Therapist, I've used it and is very helpful because of its extra ways of organizing dwarves.

Second, I got a question. Before, I would like to say that I'm not a native english speaker and sometimes my skills may fail me (mainly, the reading one).

I came to the forum (got registered recently) and I started playing DF some time ago (like 6 months). I've been using Lazy Newb Pack and its graphichs tileset and DT's program. The problem is: I've played a game called Towns that works kinda like DF (But without a complex world gen, history, minerals and such) and I've been used to, in that game, create one specific type of labor group (e.g people who are only miners, no hauling and others) and assign people to that labor, thus making people that I assign to that specific work group having its specifi functions and, even if they are the greatest woodcutters on earth, they would be in job group "Miners" and doing miner's jobs. I think that, currently, people are assigned to pre-made professions depending on their skills, not? The way I used to do was just based on what I wanted them to do.

So, after so much explanation, here is the question: I download your custom DT version because I thought it was capable of organizing dwarfs the way I wanted, but I couldn't also. I may be asking a very dumb question but I've read info about DT and tried organizing dwarfs this way in both the DT normal version and yours but I wasn't capable off. Is there a way of doing so?

Again, sorry for the dumb question, I didn't knew where to ask it. Thanks for your help and your software.

EDIT: Just after posting this, I've learned of Custom Profession's use and it suited me well. But is there any way I can divide dwarves using custom professions as a pattern? If so, my problems would be all solved!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:08:03 pm by DanielTDS »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 222