Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962341 times)

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #825 on: July 13, 2014, 01:15:03 pm »

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2ajsoy/dwarf_therapist_df_v04001_success/

This might be of interest.
Awesome! now I have to decide if I keep playing my 0.40.02 fort without DT, or the 0.40.01 fort with DT.

Possibly also of interest: Lazy Newb Pack Linux with Dwarf Therapist V0.40.01

HideousBeing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 13, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »

Heya peeps.... Can you all stop messaging me about Dwarf Therapist please? I am NOT Splinterz.....  :D

Ahahahahaha

Poor Splinterz. Thank god we have someone working on this.

Jacko13

• Bay Watcher
  • Please Urist wear your masterwork steel armour
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 13, 2014, 04:12:14 pm »

No good deed goes unpunished apparently. ;-)

Darkgamma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 13, 2014, 04:14:59 pm »

By the time you all turn around, it's 40.03   ::)
if it's a blob made of steel, don't fight it. it may not heal, but it probably doesn't need to.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 13, 2014, 04:24:47 pm »

and I am sure .04 will be out within a week as well...it wont slow down until the major crashes are fixed...and luckily after that it will be save compatible...but we shall see...

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 14, 2014, 09:21:18 am »

and I am sure .04 will be out within a week as well...it wont slow down until the major crashes are fixed...and luckily after that it will be save compatible...but we shall see...

Toady said that it should be save compatible from now on, unless they find another save corruption bug that causes them to break the save support.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:24:39 am by locustgate »

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:22 am »

Toady said that it should be save compatible from now on, unless they find another save corruption bug that causes them to break the save support.
That was the plan from the start. It's still reasonably likely that there will be a compatibility break when Toady adds new features like job priorities.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #832 on: July 14, 2014, 10:02:43 am »

It's still reasonably likely that there will be a compatibility break when Toady adds new features like job priorities.
This doesn't necessarily follow - Toady has added plenty of significant features in past releases without breaking compatibility, such as Minecarts (0.34.08), Grazing (0.31.19), Civ Sprawl (0.31.13), Ethics (0.28.181.39), and even Temperature (0.22.120.23b).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 14, 2014, 10:36:08 am »

Yeah, I don't think save compatibility is particularly predictable.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 14, 2014, 10:56:17 am »

Thanks splinterz for maintaining Dwarf Therapist :-) I am diffidently impatient and check this thread several times a day, however just wanted to say how grateful I am that you are working on this still and maintaining it. Keep up the awesome work, don't over work yourself! :-)
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:27 am »

Seconded, I got so used to DT that going back to the native system makes me tantrum. Thanks for this amazing program!

Rioluke

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Please Understand
    • View Profile
    • Riotube
« Reply #836 on: July 14, 2014, 02:22:26 pm »

For all of you fellas who are having trouble without DT I want to share with you a little challenge that I've had quite a bit of fun with in the past. It is simple: turn on all labors for all dwarves. It sounds crazy hectic, but there are many tools in the game that previously you may have largely ignored because of the comforts of DT. Organizing your jobs, using workshop profiles, and learning to use smaller more strategic designations and orders can make your output much stronger.
I can see that working with certain jobs (I like to have hordes of untrained masons for fast walls/floors myself), but absolutely not with other. Turning on mining for all dwarves doesn't seem like it's ever going to end well, since skill is so vastly important for that job.
Actually, if you just have 2-3 picks, the dwarves will never put them down and only those three will train. At least I think thats how it works. Or, you know, just let 50 untrained dwarves smash into rocks. That works well too.
I usually have a few jobs I specify, near constant demand skills that basically would assure nobody would get anything else done, Mining, Woodcutting, Hunting, FISHING (dwarves would ALWAYS rather be fishing), plant gathering, and sometimes hauling are the only skills I really change. That said, changing labors is far more painless than I remember it being and later on with more migrants, you can almost just let the migrants do whatever labors they come with creating jobs based upon their skills. When it comes to professions, you can have one unassigned workshop dedicated to "get this done now" and then another workshop assigned to a specific dwarf who is a professional. Another strategy I had considered was making my original 7 be the "every labor" dwarves then let migrants take up their jobs as they come in.
Have a nice day.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2014, 04:30:04 pm »

Well, I only ever used this once, so I thought I'd try again. Back to spending 40 minutes organizing every 20 minutes.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

MuthSera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

Well, I only ever used this once, so I thought I'd try again. Back to spending 40 minutes organizing every 20 minutes.
Quoted for truth. Also, I love your avatar.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2014, 10:21:41 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1le3tt4uwkmft1h/DwarfTherapist-0.6.12.zip

It's an older and less advanced version, but it has an important advantage:  it works with DF 40_03.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 222