Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968690 times)

ResMar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.2 | DF 40.04
« Reply #1080 on: July 27, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »

well I used to create one plan for each ratio set.  Then I decided that was too much work and I hand adjusted the % total jobs to assign each run (for militia dwarfs anyways).

I think I know what it is you want.  You want the total jobs to assign to be a static number that you set, and on the backend, it adjusts the % total jobs to assign?  That should be a pretty easy setup though.  The numbers that need to be measured are total jobs (hard set number set by user), % total jobs to assign (adjust based on population selected), and # of labors per dwarf.  Those 3 numbers should allow you to back update % total jobs to assign based on the other 2 vars.

The second issue, I did just mention a few posts back if the labor optimizer applied itself as a mask rather than resetting labors, that might allow one to do more with it.

A mask sounds like a good idea, but it should only leave dwarves unaffected by optimization. Wiping non-assigned labors on assigned dwarves is part of the feature's utility.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:47:31 pm by ResMar »
ヽ(´ー`)┌[>゜))))彡]   Dwarf Therapist User Guide

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #1081 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:34 pm »

Thank you for all your hard work Splinterz :)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #1082 on: July 28, 2014, 12:47:40 am »

This version can't talk to 40.05?

IronSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 28, 2014, 01:00:51 am »

int_ua, to get it working on my computer (Ubuntu 12.04) I had to do the following:

1: Get the prereqs listed up to date.
2: Go to the Github 2014 branch webpage (switch the drop down menu in the upper right)
3: Download the zip of the 2014 branch (middle left)
4: Extract the zip in home folder
5: Compile:'qmake -qt=5; make -j#; make install' where # is the number of cores you want to use to compile
6: Copy the executable from Dwarf-Therapist-2014/bin/release/DwarfTherapist to Dwarf-Therapist-2014: 'cp Dwarf-Therapist-2014/bin/release/DwarfTherapist Dwarf-Therapist-2014'
7: run with sudo: 'sudo ./Dwarf-Therapist-2014/DwarfTherapist'

Let me know how it goes, all credit to Splinterz and the guy who told me to cp the executable

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #1084 on: July 28, 2014, 02:26:37 am »

originally when i started working on DT there were few offsets and it seemed like the extra overhead of adapting everything to rely on dfhack wasn't really ideal.

now though, with the amount of offsets i've added, i'm already pretty reliant on the df-structures to get things sorted out, and add new features. i already use a script to pull the specific offsets that DT requires from df-structures and generate the memory layout files. so there isn't really this issue of hunting down each offset, unless i'm feeling particularly masochistic. going this route would probably allow for other features that haven't been possible (creating squads, assigning uniforms, burrow manipulation, etc.)

the downside is mostly about the rewrite to the back-end, and actually figuring out how to do it and trying it out.

Is the script to generate layouts from df-structures stored out there someplace?  I started looking into doing it manually, and the names of things seem too different between the two layouts to be able to figure it out easily.  Though whether having the script is useful also depends on what language / runtime it uses.  ;)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.8
« Reply #1085 on: July 28, 2014, 05:09:34 am »

originally when i started working on DT there were few offsets and it seemed like the extra overhead of adapting everything to rely on dfhack wasn't really ideal.

now though, with the amount of offsets i've added, i'm already pretty reliant on the df-structures to get things sorted out, and add new features. i already use a script to pull the specific offsets that DT requires from df-structures and generate the memory layout files. so there isn't really this issue of hunting down each offset, unless i'm feeling particularly masochistic. going this route would probably allow for other features that haven't been possible (creating squads, assigning uniforms, burrow manipulation, etc.)

the downside is mostly about the rewrite to the back-end, and actually figuring out how to do it and trying it out.

Is the script to generate layouts from df-structures stored out there someplace?  I started looking into doing it manually, and the names of things seem too different between the two layouts to be able to figure it out easily.  Though whether having the script is useful also depends on what language / runtime it uses.  ;)
the script is packaged with the DT source

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.04
« Reply #1086 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:11 am »

version 23.3 is up on dffd.

it's a few minor tweaks to the belief/trait conflicts stuff, and some updates to the game_data.ini for profession renaming and allowing hero labors. so if you'd prefer to just update the memory layout files for 40.05, you can get them here.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: July 28, 2014, 05:18:13 am »

So this works for 40_05?  Legend!  Thanks!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

elcr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: July 28, 2014, 09:46:02 am »

Thank you for your continued hard work on this amazing tool. I can't play DF without it nowadays.

mimmfantry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: July 28, 2014, 09:52:48 am »

I just wanted to take a second to thank Splinterz, all the people who work to support him and the others who make the other utilities that help this community grow. 12 hour turn around on a 3rd party utility update to assist other players enjoy the game is simply amazing, plus the speed this originally came out with after the first release of df2014. I read several posts or people asking for releases moments after the new version, and honestly, these peoples dedication to these utilities outmatches some AAA games I've played in the past.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:07 am »

it's a few minor tweaks to the belief/trait conflicts stuff, and some updates to the game_data.ini for profession renaming and allowing hero labors. so if you'd prefer to just update the memory layout files for 40.05, you can get them here.

First : thank you ! :)

second : how does github reflect the changes ? I had an error message : "I'm sorry but I don't know how to talk to this version of Dwarf Fortress! (checksum:0x5612460b)", after compiling it a few minutes ago. I just grab the memory layout from github by hand, and it's ok, but you have done it 6 hours ago... why does my git cloning did'nt have it ? (very newbie question, of course)

third : are some linux players interrested by a very rough (and in very poor english) how to make it work under linux (x/l)ubuntu ? I find it quite hard to find all the pieces of information needed.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.3 | DF 40.05
« Reply #1091 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:55 am »

[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 23.3 for 40.05

Let's call it an alpha build until someone can do better. Soul addresses are still missing from df-structures, so I copied linux again, but this time lot's of offsets were different, and the dwarf detail popup is plain wrong...  I searched for the missing offsets, but couldn't find everything. :(

v0.40.05_osx.ini

Fixed?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 01:34:44 pm by fricy »

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: July 28, 2014, 11:00:52 am »

I too would like to say thanks!

The only plausible way to make updates faster would be if Toady exported the offsets from his build and the symbol map at DF startup.  The guys doing this are wizards.  I'm "legendary" skill in my own section of the programming world and it gives me a headache just to look at some of this code, much less understand it.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:39 am »

First : thank you ! :)

second : how does github reflect the changes ? I had an error message : "I'm sorry but I don't know how to talk to this version of Dwarf Fortress! (checksum:0x5612460b)", after compiling it a few minutes ago. I just grab the memory layout from github by hand, and it's ok, but you have done it 6 hours ago... why does my git cloning did'nt have it ? (very newbie question, of course)

third : are some linux players interrested by a very rough (and in very poor english) how to make it work under linux (x/l)ubuntu ? I find it quite hard to find all the pieces of information needed.

Are you using the "DF2014" branch from github?  The "master" branch is the old version.

Urist MacFrench

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 28, 2014, 12:17:30 pm »

Are you using the "DF2014" branch from github?  The "master" branch is the old version.
I suppose so...
I use

Code: [Select]
git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git DF2014
as told here.
Is that good ?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 222