Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967832 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.25.0 | DF 40.10
« Reply #1560 on: September 12, 2014, 10:28:06 am »

Ok, I'll go ahead and close the mantis bug. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know of another way to check animal size values?

Keith
no i don't know another way to check, i guess with a dfhack script or lua to read a unit's body.size_info? at any rate, i think i've got it resolved now, however there may actually be a df bug with young creatures. i noticed that if the baby age was 0 and the child age was 1, it seemed that it may be rounding up to an age of 1 and using that body size. something like, at > 5 months, it's considered 1 year old and updates the body size to that of a child, even though it's still a baby.

as another example, i had an alpaca that was 8 months old, so it's size should have been around ~7000 until 1 year old, where it's size is then ~35000. however at 8 months it was already ~28000.

this discrepancy was part of the DT issue, but the other part was that the body size code was incomplete. it had been simply taking the caste's default adult size, and dividing by 2 for children, and 4 for babies. using that base size, it was then applying the appearance modifiers to adjust the size accordingly. however, this doesn't seem to take into account fat layers? once i realized i could read the current body size directly (at least that's what i think unit.body.size_info.size_cur is, i couldn't get an answer from the dfhack guys) i switched to simply reading that instead of calculating it.
I haven't looked at DT's code, but from what I've seen in scripts most add-ons calculate age in whole years ignoring the time of year (basically, current year - birth year), which can give very misleading results as DF itself respects age at a resolution of ticks.  This would be more visible in the current version because new forts don't always start on the first of the year.  (I've seen contradictory statements of how creatures' sizes change with age, either linearly or quantum leaps.  Whatever it is, DF will return that when reporting a body size.)
well that's what i assumed DF was doing as well.. until i saw the alpaca at 8 months with a year 1 body size (if the offset i referenced is correct..).

what do you mean by
Whatever it is, DF will return that when reporting a body size

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 12, 2014, 10:54:40 am »

what do you mean by
If the offset is correct, it should be possible to monitor the body size of a creature at intervals over time.  DF knows what it's doing, so asking DF the current body size will follow the correct formula.  That will settle the question of whether it grows linearly in each life stage or just pops into a new size at the correct age.  But it's kind of irrelevant if you can just look up a creature's current size on the fly.

Even without DFHack, it's conceivable to butcher the same animal every couple months with savescumming.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1562 on: September 12, 2014, 11:20:56 am »

what do you mean by
If the offset is correct, it should be possible to monitor the body size of a creature at intervals over time.  DF knows what it's doing, so asking DF the current body size will follow the correct formula.  That will settle the question of whether it grows linearly in each life stage or just pops into a new size at the correct age.  But it's kind of irrelevant if you can just look up a creature's current size on the fly.

Even without DFHack, it's conceivable to butcher the same animal every couple months with savescumming.
ah yes ok. from what i could tell looking at specific animals and the body_size_info structure in dfhack, the base_size was very close, or exactly the caste's average size with body modifiers applied. the size_cur was usually larger (i don't remember if it was ever smaller) than the base size. so i believe that's the current size with fat/muscle the creature has gained, but again i'm not certain.

tamshan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 12, 2014, 12:52:36 pm »

40.12 layouts for windows/linux are available here for manual updating

hopefully i'll get around to another full release this weekend sometime.

Sorry for my noobness here, first time attempting to manually update Dwarf Therapist. I just add the graphics.ini for the version I need to etc\memory_layouts\windows and I am good to go, yes?

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 12, 2014, 04:27:44 pm »

Thanks.
Linux amd64 deb for 0.40.12: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9894
i386 http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9900
We still need someone for i386 (32bit) and, possibly, non-deb packaging. Here is the bash script I use (don't forget the mail):

Code: [Select]
cd Dwarf-Therapist
git pull
qmake -qt=5
make
sudo checkinstall \
--pkgname="dwarf-therapist" \
--pkgversion="`date '+%Y-%m-%d'`-`git log --pretty=format:'%h' -n 1`" \
--pkgrelease=1 \
--nodoc \
--pkgsource="https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist" \
--maintainer="add@email"
P.S. I'm aware that using checkinstall for distribution is discouraged, but it works and requires much less time setting up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:57:14 pm by int_ua »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 12, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »

Sorry for my noobness here, first time attempting to manually update Dwarf Therapist. I just add the graphics.ini for the version I need to etc\memory_layouts\windows and I am good to go, yes?

Yep.  Just make sure you save it as "all files" so it doesn't append '.txt' to the extension, which stops it working. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 14, 2014, 11:32:52 pm »

So I just lost all my custom gridviews.  Between sessions they stopped showing and they are gone from the DT menu.  Strangely my custom roles are all still present.

I cannot find the default_gridviews.dtg mentioned in the readme, where should I be looking?

The manual mentions a Dwarf_Therapist.ini in passing at the end, and I think I previously saw this when hunting through my AppData files for something else but no luck locating it presently.  A search of my entire system did not find it either.  Where would I expect to find it?

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 14, 2014, 11:59:42 pm »

Yep.  Just make sure you save it as "all files" so it doesn't append '.txt' to the extension, which stops it working.

I've added the files to the folder as described above and dwarf therapist is still saying it does not recognize the version of dwarf fortress I'm running. Is there another file I need to edit to point to the new files? Sorry for the question and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:12 am »

So I just lost all my custom gridviews.  Between sessions they stopped showing and they are gone from the DT menu.  Strangely my custom roles are all still present.

I cannot find the default_gridviews.dtg mentioned in the readme, where should I be looking?

The manual mentions a Dwarf_Therapist.ini in passing at the end, and I think I previously saw this when hunting through my AppData files for something else but no luck locating it presently.  A search of my entire system did not find it either.  Where would I expect to find it?

Mine is in %APPDATA%\UDP Software

I've added the files to the folder as described above and dwarf therapist is still saying it does not recognize the version of dwarf fortress I'm running. Is there another file I need to edit to point to the new files? Sorry for the question and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Just to be clear on what you did: in {DT}\etc\memory_layouts\windows you added a new file, v0.40.12_graphics.ini with the contents from either windows or linux?

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 15, 2014, 12:12:54 am »

Yes sir, I used the files for windows and placed it in the following location C:\Dwarf Therapist 25.0\etc\memory_layouts\windows file name is v0.40.12_graphics.ini

The error states it doesn't know how to talk to this version of dwarf fortress and it lists the known versions only up to 40.10 so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I went ahead and added the file for version before as well v0.40.11_graphics.ini. Any clues?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 15, 2014, 12:21:11 am »

Yes sir, I used the files for windows and placed it in the following location C:\Dwarf Therapist 25.0\etc\memory_layouts\windows file name is v0.40.12_graphics.ini

The error states it doesn't know how to talk to this version of dwarf fortress and it lists the known versions only up to 40.10 so obviously I'm doing something wrong. I went ahead and added the file for version before as well v0.40.11_graphics.ini. Any clues?
No idea - can you upload your v0.40.12_graphics.ini?

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 15, 2014, 12:24:19 am »

I've not made any changes to the file, it should be the same as the one found on the dwarf therapist manual update website linked on the previous page. For that matter it isn't reporting knowing about 40.11 either. Are there any other steps I'm missing other than just plugging the files into the right folder?

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 15, 2014, 12:28:05 am »

I've not made any changes to the file, it should be the same as the one found on the dwarf therapist manual update website linked on the previous page. For that matter it isn't reporting knowing about 40.11 either. Are there any other steps I'm missing other than just plugging the files into the right folder?
No, that's all you have to do - that's why I'm wondering if the file you made has the right contents and was going to do a quick diff on it.

Valosar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 15, 2014, 12:32:59 am »

I didn't make the file, I downloaded it. Is that maybe where I went wrong, did I not understand what it was asking me to do? : P  Not sure how to upload the file here don't see any attachment buttons.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 15, 2014, 12:37:52 am »

I didn't make the file, I downloaded it. Is that maybe where I went wrong, did I not understand what it was asking me to do? : P  Not sure how to upload the file here don't see any attachment buttons.
Depends on what you mean by "I downloaded it" - if you didn't go down to the raw itself, it's possible you grabbed the HTML for the page instead of the file contents. Just open it up, copy and paste what's in there to pastebin.com (or just compare it to what I linked which is a direct link to the raw) - if they don't match, replace it with the contents of the raw. If they do match, we'll need someone who knows more about DT than I do.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 222