Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968822 times)

Frango Nicolbidok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #2010 on: January 07, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

Edit: don't do this, it just freezes
If anyone is urking to use Dwarf Therapist with 40.24, the checksum for Windows is 0x54ad7e66
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:52:36 pm by Frango Nicolbidok »
However, now I wanted some more challenge and embarked to evil biome.
"Terrifying screams come from above!"

AriRashkae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 07, 2015, 07:54:30 pm »

What exactly is the problem? Is it reported in the issue tracker? I don't really use DT (let alone the optimizer), but I could try to figure it out.

I just remember a while back that nicknames wouldn't properly stick, and attempting to make custom roles & use the optimizer ended with the roles all kerflocked (a Glazer role would have Miner or Fisherdwarf stats after saving & reopening, e.g.) I haven't tried messing around with it myself because I remember how frustrated I got with it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 07, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »

If anyone is urking to use Dwarf Therapist with 40.24, the checksum for Windows is 0x54ad7e66
Just because changing the checksum worked a few releases ago doesn't mean it'll work this time. As far as I'm aware, there weren't any consecutive versions with identical offsets before 0.40.20-23 (where only a few changes were made to DF). Going by the bug tracker, 0.40.24 fixes 27 bugs (not to mention adding some new features), so you can't expect the positions of everything in the executable to remain the same.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Frango Nicolbidok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 07, 2015, 08:13:38 pm »

Just because changing the checksum worked a few releases ago doesn't mean it'll work this time. As far as I'm aware, there weren't any consecutive versions with identical offsets before 0.40.20-23 (where only a few changes were made to DF). Going by the bug tracker, 0.40.24 fixes 27 bugs (not to mention adding some new features), so you can't expect the positions of everything in the executable to remain the same.

I figured I'd attempt anyways.
However, now I wanted some more challenge and embarked to evil biome.
"Terrifying screams come from above!"

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2014 on: January 08, 2015, 02:32:10 am »

What exactly is the problem? Is it reported in the issue tracker? I don't really use DT (let alone the optimizer), but I could try to figure it out.

I just remember a while back that nicknames wouldn't properly stick, and attempting to make custom roles & use the optimizer ended with the roles all kerflocked (a Glazer role would have Miner or Fisherdwarf stats after saving & reopening, e.g.) I haven't tried messing around with it myself because I remember how frustrated I got with it.
there is a report regarding setting nicknames. there have been changes and bug fixes to the optimizer which may have resolved the issues you've described, but i don't recall specifically fixing mismatched roles to labors.

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 09, 2015, 10:57:06 am »

linux memory_layout for 40.24 would be highly appreciated! :)

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 09, 2015, 09:30:57 pm »

Is there anywhere that has memory layouts for 40.24, Windows, available? Not that I ever seem to make it work right for some dumb reason when I update manually like that, but I'll give it another shot, har.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 10, 2015, 07:40:51 am »

Why I don't have the "scan memory" button in Linux version?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 10, 2015, 07:42:38 am »

Because there's no memory in linux.  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2019 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:32 am »

you shouldn't have it on any o/s anymore. it was removed as it was obsolete with better memory mapping options available now (df-structures).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 10, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

Is there anywhere that has memory layouts for 40.24, Windows, available? Not that I ever seem to make it work right for some dumb reason when I update manually like that, but I'll give it another shot, har.

Layouts will be available once df-structures is updated and DFHack is working. Angavrilov is usually the one who updates df-structures, and he's been sick recently, but hopefully it'll be updated this weekend. As usual, you can check the DT repo for new memory layouts.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 10, 2015, 12:19:57 pm »

Layouts will be available once df-structures is updated and DFHack is working. Angavrilov is usually the one who updates df-structures, and he's been sick recently, but hopefully it'll be updated this weekend. As usual, you can check the DT repo for new memory layouts.
I thought that DFHack and Dwarf Therapist required overlapping-but-not-identical bits of the memory map to function.  I'd expect the DFHack guys to concentrate on the DFHack requirements, but presumably there could be a situation where splinterz has enough to run his scripts but DFHack is not yet functional.  This is sort of a middle ground among second-window DF tools... the extremes are Stonesense which cannot function at all without DFHack, and Soundsense which doesn't require DFHack at all.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 10, 2015, 02:02:21 pm »

I thought that DFHack and Dwarf Therapist required overlapping-but-not-identical bits of the memory map to function.  I'd expect the DFHack guys to concentrate on the DFHack requirements, but presumably there could be a situation where splinterz has enough to run his scripts but DFHack is not yet functional.  This is sort of a middle ground among second-window DF tools... the extremes are Stonesense which cannot function at all without DFHack, and Soundsense which doesn't require DFHack at all.
Nope, DT requires a small subset of df-structures (while DFHack tools use all of it, or at least have all of it available). Usually, DFHack is mostly fully-functional by the time the DT offsets script can be run. Most of the work involved with df-structures for a new release is finding globals (in symbols.xml), most of which can be found automatically - once the remaining ones are manually located, DFHack is essentially fully-functional (although undetected structure changes can cause problems/crashes if the xml files aren't updated first).

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 10, 2015, 02:25:31 pm »

It's not worth belaboring in this thread, but "DT requires a small subset of df-structures" and "DFHack is mostly fully-functional by the time the DT offsets script can be run" sound contradictory to me.  I'm guessing that the DT bits are among those requiring manual hunting.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 10, 2015, 02:59:47 pm »

Once the manually-located offsets are found, DFHack is fully-functional, aside from structure changes that may require changes to a few plugins/scripts (which are usually simple or nonexistent in recent versions). "devel/export-dt-ini" is a script that exports the specific offsets/structures that DT requires to an .ini file, some of which depend on the manually-located globals. (There's also a perl script that can be run outside of DFHack, but I'm not sure how up-to-date it is.)

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 222