Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 967726 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.31.0 | DF 40.24
« Reply #2160 on: September 04, 2015, 03:00:02 am »

Here's an idea:

It would be cool if DT could show you where your dwarves are (e.g. coordinates, whether they are inside or outside a specific burrow, etc). That way I'll know if it's okay to close the gates or if someone is still wandering outside. I don't know if such a thing would be possible to code though.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 04, 2015, 03:42:38 am »

Here's an idea:

It would be cool if DT could show you where your dwarves are (e.g. coordinates, whether they are inside or outside a specific burrow, etc). That way I'll know if it's okay to close the gates or if someone is still wandering outside. I don't know if such a thing would be possible to code though.

Try the "whosout" command in DFHack.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 04, 2015, 07:55:06 am »

That script doesn't appear to be in DFHack.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

muppet9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 04, 2015, 09:26:53 am »

This is the whosout.lua script. I got it from somewhere on this forum long long ago. I can't remember who wrote it, though they credit Putnam for advice in the comments.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

example usage: For a fortress with burrows "home" and "topgate".

whosout home topgate

outputs "All your live, sane citizens are in one of those burrows" if all are in them, or lists those dwarves names that are outside of them. Note that they don't need to be assigned to the burrow, just inside the area designated by it.

Back in 34.11 it used to put the outside dwarf's speed as well, but that part no longer functions as it did. I think it used to be as a percentage, now its a number between 250 - 2200. Lower being slower moving.

--edit--
sry, just fired up an old 34.11 save. It always printed the 250 - 2200 number range. %'s speed i was misremembering from the show-speeds.lua script. The speed part of this script doesn't work on 40.24 so purely for the curious.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:04:07 am by muppet9876 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: September 04, 2015, 09:44:25 am »

Yeah, it's from here (by Bo-Rufus CMVII): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136725.0
I could add it if it's still functional - I'm not familiar with how speed works, but it's inverting the value that's obtained from dfhack.units.computeMovementSpeed() (that is, 1000000/dfhack.units.computeMovementSpeed(unit)). The problem with hosting scripts only on the forum is that it's not possible to look at older versions, so I have no idea how it would have given a percentage (I can't see a similar way to get a unit's maximum speed, if that's what it used).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 07, 2015, 01:48:25 am »

Using DT 31.0.0, often seeing the "legendary" marker for skills that are actually zero.

http://i.imgur.com/WJujd7P.png

Is this supposed to happen?

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 10, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »

Is there a way to exclude certain roles (without overwriting/deleting) from being calculated/weighted for my dwarfs?    I couldn't find it...  If there is just point me to it and ignore the following.  If there is not could this be considered as a possible improvement for 32.0 whenever that may be :).  A checkbox for 'exclude this role from use' on the edit/new role screen would be one way to do it.

There are two or three reasons why I want to do this.  The first is cosmetic, it annoys me to regularly have the top three roles on embark being (say) Lawdwarf, Socializer and Nurse for just about every dwarf.  Secondly I want to be able to exclude certain roles from the set used for calculations without deleting them forever (I will want a nurse/lawdwarf or whatever... eventually) so that the roles take account only of those I want right now.  Thirdly (really a special case of secondly) when adding custom roles it would be useful to be able to switch off/on roles while mucking about.

Huge thanks for the addition of the visible preferences.  Very much enjoying my games now with preference weighting set to zero and manually checking for relevance.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 11, 2015, 11:14:01 pm »

EDIT: Damn this was meant for the Linux Lazy Newb Pack thread. Oh well, leaving it around in case you guys talk to each other. I'll copy the post to the proper thread.

I'm very confused as to what I'm supposed to use if I have a 32-bit system. The download page says to get the i686 version, but isn't i686 another (rare) 64-bit architecture, distinct from x86-64? Shouldn't it say i386 or simply x86?

Second, in the so-called i686 download, the included Dwarf Therapist is compiled for x86-64:
Code: [Select]
file ./DwarfTherapist
./DwarfTherapist: ELF 64-bit LSB  executable, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=c494a991a142f5acb5022fba3f90d98fea01cd75, not stripped

Still waiting for the "lazy" part of the pack :P . I've got the newb part covered.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 11:19:09 pm by isitanos »

dman11235

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 12, 2015, 03:25:48 pm »

I'm having an issue launching DT.  I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack, on Win7.  I've got the run log linked here, but no real error is showing up it looks like.  It's worth noting that I did just launch this fort, and DT is "not responding" almost immediately after launching it, then just stops working.  Not really a crash, and produces no crash log.

EDIT: No one has any insight or anything to offer?  I have tried a downgraded version, reinstalling the program, etc. etc., but hasn't changed the issue.  I have in the past run DT on this computer fine, but that was a long time ago (whatever major version was right after 40d was the last one I used until the current version of the game).  I've checked my resources and it looks like I've got plenty of resources for DF and DT to both use, but it's not starting like it's a memory issue.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:16:32 pm by dman11235 »

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 23, 2015, 04:32:37 pm »

Using v 31.0 with DF v 40.05, mayday pack, windows 8

DT loads fine, loads dwarves, but the program is completely unresponsive. Not in the Windows "has stopped responding" way; doesn't fade out, no error message, doesn't crash; I just can't click on anything or interact with the program in any way.

DF and DT running with admin privileges.

Log below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 24, 2015, 02:56:35 am »

Sorry if it's already reported, but unless I've accidentally somehow messed things up, the Roles tab doesn't have the Blacksmith column, but it's present on the Labors Full tab.

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 25, 2015, 01:18:35 am »

The mood for all my dwarves is permanently registered as Fine, regardless of what their stress level is. Checking their moods with the tooltips, or extrapolating them from their thoughts screen aren't very good long term methods to find this out.

Is anyone else getting this bug?
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 25, 2015, 11:14:04 am »

hopefully splinterz or someone who really knows what they are talking about will be along soon, but in the meantime...

@dman11235

it's been a while since i used lnp but my memory is that if you launch dwarf therapist via the lnp launcher it opens before you get to your fort (and hence finds no data to read).  vague memory that just clicking to connect to dwarf fortess fixes the issue but definitely remember that i ended up not launching therapist via lnp but instead launching it manually once i got to my fort.  perhaps try those methods?  the only other suggestion i have is to try deleting (moving is probably better option though in case nothing changes and you want to restore it) your dwarf_therapist.ini.  on vista to be found in /users/username/appdata/roaming/udp software/ (probably similar for 7) which basically holds your configurations - not sure but it might possibly cause problems from an older version?

@mross

i have no idea. you have only 9 dwarfs right?  was it working before, and if so what changed?  might be worth testing with a 40.24 df version in case some of the changes since 40.05 have broken something, like the new mood code calculations.  otherwise my (totally unfounded) suspicion is that it could be something on your system (like virus protection?).

@PatrikLundell

Hey nice find :).  The corresponding role should be Metalsmith (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Blacksmith).  It exists in my custom role set.  :P  Not that it generally sees much use.

@MantisMan

Yeah I have been getting the same.  Doesn't bother me too much since I tend to use the happiness categorisation in the main window (provided, I think, by DFhack).  Occasionally I will sort my dwarfs by happiness (works fine) and check out the most unhappy ones.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: October 25, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »

feelotraveller is correct in that DT launches in a disconnected state (with a popup screen saying its disconnected) from the UI. Just close the box and hit the connect button at the top to connect it. It will also disconnect when you save from within DF (there is some save method from DFHack as well which probably doesn't disconnect).

Blacksmith: No, but once in a while some noble wants a metal chest or some such item. He didn't get the rose gold bed, for obvious reasons, but the rose gold chest should be possible, but nobody took up the job... After I found the missing profession he actually got it as well.

@mross: I think professions have been changed as well (isn't Gelder fairly new?), and the jobs system has been rewritten, so I wouldn't be surprised if things are no longer located where they were. In general, I would be wary of using a DT version that's released after the next release of the DF version used, at least if there are major changes done to DF. If a save isn't backwards compatible, I wouldn't expect a DT version to be either.

@MantisMan: I use the DFHack plugin for the extended user screen ('u'-'l' with the Lazy Newb Pack) where the stress level listed numerically for all dorfs, so it's easy to see at a glance. I believe you can even sort on stress level.

dman11235

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 25, 2015, 04:16:38 pm »

hopefully splinterz or someone who really knows what they are talking about will be along soon, but in the meantime...

@dman11235

it's been a while since i used lnp but my memory is that if you launch dwarf therapist via the lnp launcher it opens before you get to your fort (and hence finds no data to read).  vague memory that just clicking to connect to dwarf fortess fixes the issue but definitely remember that i ended up not launching therapist via lnp but instead launching it manually once i got to my fort.  perhaps try those methods?  the only other suggestion i have is to try deleting (moving is probably better option though in case nothing changes and you want to restore it) your dwarf_therapist.ini.  on vista to be found in /users/username/appdata/roaming/udp software/ (probably similar for 7) which basically holds your configurations - not sure but it might possibly cause problems from an older version?

I'm sorry it wasn't totally clear, but I know about that stuff (the connect to fort thing anyways).  I am able to load DT fine, but connecting to a fort if I load DT first causes issues.  If I load DT when a fort is open will cause it to fail to load.  I'll try moving the config, but I don't /think/ that's the issue since I've deleted and replaced the entire DT program.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 222