Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962468 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2835 on: November 11, 2016, 12:10:06 pm »

That's awesome, Hello71. I might install a Linux distribution later and try it out. Are you going to try to get the Labors pane to work too?

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: November 11, 2016, 04:58:19 pm »

That's awesome, Hello71. I might install a Linux distribution later and try it out. Are you going to try to get the Labors pane to work too?

All the panes work for displaying if you delete then re-add them, but tend to crash the program, including if you try to change anything, or even as I found when moving the cursor around. Unfortunately, fixing that will probably take a lot longer than adding the 64-bit support, because it disappears whenever using valgrind (damn heisenbugs...).

Instructions to use if anyone wants to try:

Code: [Select]
git clone https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist.git
cd Dwarf-Therapist
cmake . # out-of-tree builds work too, but you'll have to copy the "share" directory
make -j$(nproc)
curl -o share/memory_layouts/linux/0.43.05-linux64-therapist.ini https://gist.githubusercontent.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9/raw
./DwarfTherapist

warning: it will eat your DT INI and possibly (although probably not) your DF save. it will probably not be useful for anything due to crashing regularly.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: November 11, 2016, 06:05:04 pm »

good news. editing labors now works, but you need to remove and re-add the Labors pane whenever you read or commit. it will also probably still eat your save. but hey, at least it actually does something useful now, and whatever I did seems to have made it crash less.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: November 18, 2016, 09:57:04 pm »

I'm having some issues. Using a brand new copy of the newest version of DF with nothing changed except some init tweaks. Most recent version of Therapist, which should be compatible, reads the fortress as having 0 dwarves once connected. I can't see or tweak any labours at all. Once I either try to sort by anything or read dwarves, the program crashes.

Info:
New embark with 7 Dwarves
Medium evil biome with blood rain
Long history (currently at 550+a month or so give or take)

would love a solution my dudes

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:09:00 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: November 18, 2016, 11:27:53 pm »

If you're on Microsoft Windows:

To use Dwarf Therapist, you'll need to use the 32-bit version of Dwarf Fortress. You can find it by going to the Dwarf Fortress home page and clicking "all versions". At the top, you'll see a section for "DF 0.43.05 (July 5, 2016)". There's two row below that, one for "x64 (64-bit)" and one for "x86 (32-bit)". From the 32-bit row pick "SDL_Windows".

Also, you'll need to add a memory layout to Dwarf Therapist to make it compatible with DF v0.43.05.
Get the DF v0.43.05 memory layout for your system: (Windows memory layout, Mac memory layout)
Then save it to a text file and install it into your /Dwarf-Therapist/share/memory_layouts/windows/ folder

---

If you're on GNU/Linux:

You're kind of out of luck. Dwarf Therapist barely works with DF v0.43.05. at the moment. If you really need Dwarf Therapist on Linux and you are okay with using DF v0.43.03 instead of DF v0.43.05, I would recommend Enay's Linux Lazy Newb Pack.

---

If you're on Mac OS X:

Dwarf Therapist is a little more tricky to update on Mac. Instead of describing it, you can download a working version of Dwarf Therapist for 32-bit DF v0.43.05 here: (lite) Lazy Mac Pack. Note that this version of Dwarf Therapist (like the Windows version) only works with 32-bit versions Dwarf Fortress. The 32-bit version of DF v0.43.05 is included in the pack.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: November 19, 2016, 01:35:03 am »

alright bro thanx, seems to be working.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: November 19, 2016, 02:24:10 am »

The instructions at https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts should be good for OS X too. They're not that much more complicated - you just have to right-click the application and choose "show package contents" if you're using Finder.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: November 24, 2016, 02:57:08 pm »

Linux 64-bit now 'working' with https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist (use cmake) and https://gist.github.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9.
Hi, DT was working for linux 43.05x64 until just before a dwarf went moody then it started crashing on the Read. It still crashed after the dwarf completed his mood (he created a musical instrument) so I ran this command (sudo strace -I 1  ./DwarfTherapist) and in the output DT appears to have failed during the read of the "Activities vector", marked in red.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  I have the saved game. I could fool with adding a feedback line to the DwarfTherapist code, recompile, and see what additional info I can get from it, but am looking for a better option.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: November 24, 2016, 03:49:13 pm »

Linux 64-bit now 'working' with https://github.com/Hello71/Dwarf-Therapist (use cmake) and https://gist.github.com/lethosor/4ce2a574a510ddaadcbdfd829eac20c9.
Hi, DT was working for linux 43.05x64 until just before a dwarf went moody then it started crashing on the Read. It still crashed after the dwarf completed his mood (he created a musical instrument) so I ran this command (sudo strace -I 1  ./DwarfTherapist) and in the output DT appears to have failed during the read of the "Activities vector", marked in red.
  I have the saved game. I could fool with adding a feedback line to the DwarfTherapist code, recompile, and see what additional info I can get from it, but am looking for a better option.

can you upload your save? alternatively, compile in debug mode (remove build directory then cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug), then gdb ./DwarfTherapist, run, bt full
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 03:53:42 pm by Hello71 »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: November 24, 2016, 04:31:03 pm »

CMake ought to rebuild everything properly even if you don't remove the build folder first (although the time it would take to recreate a build folder is negligible compared to rebuild time).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: November 24, 2016, 05:31:46 pm »

CMake ought to rebuild everything properly even if you don't remove the build folder first (although the time it would take to recreate a build folder is negligible compared to rebuild time).

true, but it won't change the cache if you rerun it.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: November 24, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »

It does for me, or at least CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE changes - I'm not sure about other settings, but since there are separate CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS settings for different build types, I think it should work. That could be an issue if other cached variables change depending on the build type, though.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:54 pm »

I didn't know how to remove the build directory but it seems to have run gdb correctly.
The temple is new-ish and Read Dwarves may not have been triggered since they started praying . The job list showed "Pray to Ber"x3 "Meditate on Mountains"x3. I removed the temple location and the jobs changed to "Worship". At this time the two children had "Play" and "Play Make Believe". I reran gdb and got this
So I made a new lumber pile and they all went off to haul and there was no more praying and gdb showed this
So the two children... one has "Play" and one has "Play with (copper toy hammer). Everyone else is hauling. Since children can Play while running to the new alert burrow, it is time to engage these three ogres. Well.. who knew children can Play Make Believe while they are punching an ogre in the head. That one is not even using his toy hammer as a weapon. At this point the ogres were dead and the kids were thirsty but a similar error is still occuring (can't add it due to the post character length). Do any of the error messages above shed light? Not sure how to upload the game save.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Hello71

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: November 24, 2016, 09:53:24 pm »

It does for me, or at least CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE changes - I'm not sure about other settings, but since there are separate CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS settings for different build types, I think it should work. That could be an issue if other cached variables change depending on the build type, though.

hm, yes. I think I was thinking of the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS environment variables, which are automatically imported but I think only on first run.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: November 24, 2016, 10:46:41 pm »

If needed I can also modify the code to dump more output to stdout and recompile. I understand the basics, just get me a target file, a line number and a code snippet. I read some more and I get it now... it is bombing out when looking up the other participants for the group activities and that offset still needs to be handled. In the face of being unable to assist, I shall be patient.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:00:41 am by anewaname »
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 222