Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962337 times)

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #2940 on: March 04, 2017, 07:46:28 pm »

Did something change in a recent version of either DF or DT? I know it used to be possible to connect when on the prepare for embark screen and see the attributes of your dwarves, which I found very useful in deciding who to assign what skill. This doesn't seem to work anymore though.

Works for me on DF43.05 Linux 64bit.
Are you able to connect and use DT once properly embarked?
Is there a post somewhere with step-to-step instructions to get this to work?

I couldn't even get DF 0.43.05 to work. Not to mention Therapist.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 05, 2017, 03:25:31 am »

so far there are 32 bit and 64 bit DF then there's different systems (win, lin, mac)
therapist currently cannot do window 64 bit DF yet.
others said linux 64 bit is fine.

cannot connect to different bit type.

PleaseBugMeNot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: March 05, 2017, 06:14:52 am »

Hi guys. Trying to make it work with x64 Win. Looking good so far... got it running, generated the offsets with dfhack, it reads the dwarfs and some other stuff. Can't display strings (names and castes). There are some offsets which I am stuck with but at least I've had some progress (see screenshot). What I've tested is... I've assigned fishing skills to my mason and after applying them, he went fishing and the skill went up. Don't have much free time during the week, so I will try to fix the stuff which I noticed is broken and put it out for other people.

I've used some of hello71's changes as I've had no idea what I'm doing. The last time I've used C++ for something serious, I've had Visual Studio 6 and there was no x64 Windows :) I am not even playing DF but always liked DT when playing it and sounded like a good challenge to make it work! Also I felt quite sad such a tool to die horribly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:23:52 am by PleaseBugMeNot »

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: March 05, 2017, 03:02:21 pm »

Did something change in a recent version of either DF or DT? I know it used to be possible to connect when on the prepare for embark screen and see the attributes of your dwarves, which I found very useful in deciding who to assign what skill. This doesn't seem to work anymore though.

Is there a post somewhere with step-to-step instructions to get this to work?

I couldn't even get DF 0.43.05 to work. Not to mention Therapist.

Assuming you get DF 43.05 linux64 working (what's the terminal output?) the 'instructions' are reproduced in the top box two posts above yours.  Two caveats are you will need the appropriate software to build it -terminal output should help- and you might need to give permission for DT to access other process on your system.
Code: [Select]
sudo setcap cap_sys_ptrace=ep /path/to/dwarftherapist

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 05, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

Assuming you get DF 43.05 linux64 working <snip>
I have not, no. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear by my reply. :-\

zakarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: March 05, 2017, 06:45:46 pm »

Hi guys. Trying to make it work with x64 Win. Looking good so far... got it running, generated the offsets with dfhack, it reads the dwarfs and some other stuff. Can't display strings (names and castes). There are some offsets which I am stuck with but at least I've had some progress (see screenshot). What I've tested is... I've assigned fishing skills to my mason and after applying them, he went fishing and the skill went up. Don't have much free time during the week, so I will try to fix the stuff which I noticed is broken and put it out for other people.

I've used some of hello71's changes as I've had no idea what I'm doing. The last time I've used C++ for something serious, I've had Visual Studio 6 and there was no x64 Windows :) I am not even playing DF but always liked DT when playing it and sounded like a good challenge to make it work! Also I felt quite sad such a tool to die horribly.
That's wonderful news PleaseBugMeNot. I'm glad that someone's working on it and you will be forever my hero if you can update it to x64.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 06, 2017, 02:04:44 pm »

This is on Win8 with 43.03. It does work once embarked.

PleaseBugMeNot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 09, 2017, 04:59:24 pm »

Got the Winx64 version working with strings and everything. Can't test it much. Sent a link to PeridexisErrant to test it and give me some feedback.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 09, 2017, 05:54:58 pm »

Got the Winx64 version working with strings and everything. Can't test it much. Sent a link to PeridexisErrant to test it and give me some feedback.

I would like to volunteer to have your babies.
Diggy diggy hole.

zakarum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 10, 2017, 04:59:06 am »

You are the best, PleaseBugMeNot

PleaseBugMeNot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 10, 2017, 05:21:00 am »

The x64 bit Start Pack with DT is now out.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12743

Cheers and please report the problems in DT. Too many changes... I hope I didn't break too many things :D

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 10, 2017, 05:35:52 am »

The x64 bit Start Pack with DT is now out.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12743

Cheers and please report the problems in DT. Too many changes... I hope I didn't break too many things :D

Blessed art thou...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 10, 2017, 01:33:43 pm »

Hundreds of players from russian forum ask Armok to bless you)

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:13 am »

When trying to run the x64 win version in the pack by PeridexisErrant I get 2 .dll system errors for missing VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll

Windows 10 64bit
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 12, 2017, 05:29:02 am »

no such problems here, running windows 7 x64 with a seperate dwarf fortress 43.05

pleasebugnot, thanks for the effort put in on this!
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 222