Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 968049 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3045 on: April 07, 2017, 11:27:35 am »

Is there going to be a 64 bit Mac version coming?

Not from me, because I can't test it.  However anyone else can build one manually, or try https://github.com/PeridexisErrant/starter-pack
This is the DT thread. I'm not sure if both of you are talking about the same thing or not.

I don't think anyone has started working on a 64-bit OS X DT. Using PE's starter pack scripts won't produce one, at any rate.

There was discussion of DT changes that would make DT rely on DFHack at some point, but those didn't happen.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: April 07, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »

Gah.  Sorry everyone, shouldn't post late at night  :-[
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: April 08, 2017, 09:39:50 am »

So, the Butcher column doesn't seem to be working. When I click on the button, all it does is say "cancel cage" in the Pending Changes box. However, none of my animals are caged or marked to be put into cages. Nothing I do seems to let me butcher from within Therapist, which is becoming a bit of a pain. Any thoughts?

Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

ErwinNH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: April 08, 2017, 09:47:14 am »

Just FYI, I've got a windows 10 desktop I play DF on. Downloaded SSL libraries, MSVC all updated, DF 43.05. Therapist crashes every time on load. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried using Newbpack version, tried different executables, read other people's issues on this forum. I get onto my girlfriend's laptop w/ windows 10 and download 43.05 and the maintained DT: it works on the first try.  ::)

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: April 08, 2017, 10:20:44 am »

So, the Butcher column doesn't seem to be working. When I click on the button, all it does is say "cancel cage" in the Pending Changes box. However, none of my animals are caged or marked to be put into cages. Nothing I do seems to let me butcher from within Therapist, which is becoming a bit of a pain. Any thoughts?
See thread starting around http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7391953#msg7391953 for the fix (the correct d/l link is 2 msgs below)

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: April 08, 2017, 10:46:00 am »

See thread starting around http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7391953#msg7391953 for the fix (the correct d/l link is 2 msgs below)

Oh, marvellous. I googled it but didn't come up with anything, glad to see there is a fix.

Thanks much!
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: April 13, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »

Edit: Nevermind figured out what I did wrong, when trying to download the memory layout the way I was taking was saving the webpage represenation of the Memory layout instead of the actual layout.

So uh, I'm trying to get this to work again on .43.05 32bit for Windows, I grabbed the proper Memory Layout from the github, but it claims the game is still unrecognized.  Is there a difference in Memory Layout between the version of DF With Music, and the Version Without,  as I've been getting the version without the Music since I was either turning it down or using Soundsense.

So to re-ask,   Is there a different in memory layouts between the version with music, and the version without?

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:21:33 pm by Kaelem Gaen »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: April 13, 2017, 10:48:46 pm »

Yeah, that comes up sometimes. The links in the readme at https://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist/tree/DF2016/share/memory_layouts link to raw versions of the files (which you can also get to by clicking "raw" after selecting a file). If you click on one of the folders there right away, though, you can miss the instructions.

The only difference between the music and non-music builds is that Toady didn't include the sound files in the latter (in DF/data/sound). The executables are identical, so utilities like DT and DFHack handle them just fine.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: April 15, 2017, 06:09:59 pm »

Since this incredibly useful util is still being sporadically maintained, may I point anyone with the knowledge of fixing to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163724.msg7423659#msg7423659 ? Apologiies if it's already in some bugtracker..

Abalieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: April 17, 2017, 05:45:09 pm »

Is there some version of Therapist that actually runs with Windows 43.05 beta 1 or not? (that's the most recent, right?)

Either 64bit or 32bit, it seems it won't run for me.

I've spent hours configuring stuff and it's very frustrating.

This is the whole package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d0b01u8spidv0dn/DwarfTherapist43.5.1X64.zip?dl=0
This is the patched exe: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y0k4odt3356mc2y/DwarfTherapist4_35_2.zip?dl=0

You need MSVC 2015 runtimes and openssl. I am quite sick at the moment, when I feel better I will build another release and maybe an autoupdate.

I've tried this. It doesn't work.

MSVC, okay. Openssl? Might be this the problem? Openssl is a library, so what I'm supposed to do?

The program gives two errors, version check error and memory layout error, both complaining about "error creating SSL context ()

If I try to run while already in Fortress mode, it crashes.

I don't know if it matters, but I also want to run this with DFHack and TWBT, but this is working fine. It's just Therapist that won't run on any 43.05 version.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:46:55 pm by Abalieno »
 HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net

Abalieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: April 17, 2017, 06:19:42 pm »

And apparently it seems doing the same with 32bit, but I cannot even run that because with 32bit it's TWBT that won't load.

My god this is such a mess.

(nevermind, I wasn't updated about current-day DF, and now I found out DFHack can do everything and then more on its own)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:52:17 pm by Abalieno »
 HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: April 17, 2017, 07:16:48 pm »

Nvm, had wrong understanding of something
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:41:19 pm by Shizmoo »

Drowchyld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: April 25, 2017, 01:50:02 am »

I am using the new 64 bit starter pack. I have a newer version of vc_redist.x64.exe install so that's up to date. However I am having the same issue as @Abalieno with the SSL errors. When I run the program with a fort loaded it insta-crashes. When I run it before loading a fort it yells at me with the SSL errors.

I downloaded the older 32-bit version of the DF starter pack and that runs just fine with the included Therapist. I've tried a bunch of stuff t the limit of my computer skills (which are not many). I think I have isolated it to being I need those SSL libraries.

Where do I get them? After I download them where do I put them? I also tried to download both those links from @PleaseBugMeNot and the same issues occurred. I'd really like some direction with my issue guys. BTW I am on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

Trxstr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: April 25, 2017, 10:58:15 am »

I am using the new 64 bit starter pack. I have a newer version of vc_redist.x64.exe install so that's up to date. However I am having the same issue as @Abalieno with the SSL errors. When I run the program with a fort loaded it insta-crashes. When I run it before loading a fort it yells at me with the SSL errors.

I downloaded the older 32-bit version of the DF starter pack and that runs just fine with the included Therapist. I've tried a bunch of stuff t the limit of my computer skills (which are not many). I think I have isolated it to being I need those SSL libraries.

Where do I get them? After I download them where do I put them? I also tried to download both those links from @PleaseBugMeNot and the same issues occurred. I'd really like some direction with my issue guys. BTW I am on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate.

You can get the ssl libraries form here http://slproweb.com/download/Win64OpenSSL_Light-1_0_2k.exe, but i don't know if that will fix your problem

Drowchyld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:28 am »

You are right it still crashes. Why won't this work for me?

Is there a 32 bit version of dwarf therapist I can use with the 64-bit application? I'd really like to play the 64-bit DF (I've never played before) but I am clear that I'd need Therapist. Anyone that could help me try to get this working I'd be super grateful toward.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 222