Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962509 times)

ragundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3195 on: August 21, 2017, 12:29:40 pm »

My 2 cents

https://github.com/ragundo/DF_proto

Protocol buffer files for ech DF structure defined in DFHack (last revision)

I've one DFHack plugin for sending any DF structure using protocol buffers (well, except df::enabler).
I'm still working in the client side, making a C++ library that mimicks DF structures remotely, so the DFHack plugin is unpublished.

For DT I vote also for the protocol buffers way. It's not optimal in speed, but they work without problems.

Greetings

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 21, 2017, 01:00:38 pm »

Protocol buffers are still faster than the debugging stuff that therapist uses.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 21, 2017, 02:55:23 pm »

i want use protobuf as transport protocol, current state of Basic.proto and BasicApi.proto can fill more then 70% оf requirements for DT. But yes, I must do some work for extend this proto (or develop custom plugin for DFHack) for fulfill all requirements.

I'm assuming you're the person who contacted me via email about this. If you want to extend UnitInfo in library/proto/Basic.proto to include things like age, birth time, etc., that's fine with me (no need to make a new protobuf format that's almost the same).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #3198 on: August 22, 2017, 02:03:16 pm »

Can't find information elsewhere, so, what's going on with the crash on 64 bit systems when you read dwarves? I already checked the readme and downloaded the vc++ installer and it told me I already have it. Did PeridexisErrant include a broken version in the latest windows lnp?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 22, 2017, 02:32:57 pm »

Did PeridexisErrant include a broken version in the latest windows lnp?
Yes. Well, it works fine for some people, sometimes, and that was the best that was available at the time. There are some newer experimental builds posted in the last couple pages of this thread that might work better for you.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #3200 on: August 22, 2017, 02:52:03 pm »

Nice thanks! I was hoping I wouldn't need to compile a newer version myself in cmake  ;)
'ere the Chias get hungry...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 22, 2017, 04:20:06 pm »

It was a matter of making several changes to DT too, not just compiling it, in case that wasn't clear.

Brightgalrs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 26, 2017, 12:09:48 am »

A friend of mine had this happen to him: https://imgur.com/a/tgMzN

Stray Cat (Tame) cancels Tame Kea: Too injured.

The Kea had "Any trainer" assigned to it.

I suspect it's a problem with Dwarf Therapist as opposed to the game itself. Is the Animal training skill being enabled for tamed animals or something?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 26, 2017, 01:31:57 am »

A friend of mine had this happen to him: https://imgur.com/a/tgMzN

Stray Cat (Tame) cancels Tame Kea: Too injured.

The Kea had "Any trainer" assigned to it.

I suspect it's a problem with Dwarf Therapist as opposed to the game itself. Is the Animal training skill being enabled for tamed animals or something?

I'd check that it's actually a normal DF cat, rather than one of the experiments with sapient cats (and other "animals") floating around currently. DT is the only way to set up jobs for Gremlins (which are the only vanilla sapient "animals") as DF itself doesn't make that available (I assume you can do it with DFHack as well). If it is a sapient animal, yes, DT is likely the only way to assign jobs to them, but it would also be legitimate, provided the "animals" are citizens.
« Reply #3204 on: September 04, 2017, 08:14:41 am »

My dwarf therapist autolabor system acting strangely. Whenever an immigration come, dwarf therapist assign labors to dwarves that don't have any skill points on it. But dwarves that have skills on a labor don't assigned automatically. It's annoying to organize everything when every immigration arrives.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: September 04, 2017, 08:47:04 am »

My dwarf therapist autolabor system acting strangely. Whenever an immigration come, dwarf therapist assign labors to dwarves that don't have any skill points on it. But dwarves that have skills on a labor don't assigned automatically. It's annoying to organize everything when every immigration arrives.

I'm pretty sure DT isn't doing that. Are you using autolabor or something similar?

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: September 07, 2017, 08:25:11 am »

Hi !

I salute the efforts of everyone trying to make this work.

I'm interested in trying the last builds by Clément but all the links I could find in this thread (pointing to Framasoft hosting) are dead. I'm on Windows.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: September 07, 2017, 10:22:26 am »

Already? I thought they were for two month, but they look dead to me too. I'll make a new build and upload it soon. I did not change much since last time. I think I only fixed a few compilation warnings (I was compiling without -Wall). I tried to merge with Hello71, but I got discouraged.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: September 07, 2017, 12:19:49 pm »

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: September 07, 2017, 01:23:17 pm »

Great! Thank you very much!
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 222