Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 962610 times)

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06
« Reply #3210 on: September 07, 2017, 01:42:26 pm »

Ok small quick report after a few minutes of use.

I use it with the last modified masterwork mod based on 43.05 x64.
I installed it in replacement of the included DT version and did a user preferences reset.

Everything is fine for now. Did not find any obvious breaking bugs. Your version fixes a bug I and several other people had with the xp bonuses provided by guilds/castes, which were incorrectly shown in the DT x64 version provided in the pack but seems perfectly fine with your version. Also some attributes or role "scales" were off (everyone had a very bad rating) but are fine in your version.

I will use it for a while and report if I find any issue but for now it seems functional to me.

Thank you very much for your work :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 10, 2017, 09:37:00 am »

Try this one.

Can you please host them on DFFD, so my update scripts can check the file version and timestamp?   :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 10, 2017, 11:47:51 pm »

Peaking in here since I was wondering if there was a new DT up (my animals window is completely bugging out, I click geld and it tries to cancel butcher, I click butcher and it tries to cancel cage...) and adding a two cents that I would really love to see DT continued in some form. DFhack is godly, but DT is so much better for just being able to skim and check who has skills where, knowing which of my animals I'm wanting to have butchered without guessing thanks to lack of nicknames...the interface is wonderful, and I thank all you people trying to get a stable working version running.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 17, 2017, 05:49:44 pm »

Everyone

I am moving this post from another board. I have gotten some replies on the other thread. the link to the original is :

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165298.0

I have downloaded the game and the lazy newb pack. I have gotten in to the game and started a fort. However I can not seem to launch dwarf therapist. I tried it both before I launched and after I am all ready in the game. Neither work . With both there is no error message. Dwarf therapist just never opens or give a splash screen. From what I an can tell auto labor is off. Is there any thing else that would effect  dwarf therapist?

some one replied with:

You probably need the mingw version. Use LNP to open the utilities folder, make a backup of therapist if you care (doesn't work anyway, right?), then extract all the mingw files into that folder.

via an earlier post in the thread I went to: https://framadrop.org/r/oleEZG5tQp#tlgZdU36kgaC03TKlheVjyJp6L2CiMHnKAD6SNId4sc= but the file was deleted. So whats next?

hopefully this is the right form and thread.

sunhear

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 17, 2017, 06:29:04 pm »

Assuming you are using Windows 64 bits, you can use the link from this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg7560111#msg7560111

I will make a proper release with long-lived links very soon.

About your problem, it may be a LNP bug. DT may crash but you usually have a chance to interact with it before it happens.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 18, 2017, 10:01:00 am »

New repository and new release version

I created a new repository at https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist, you can submit issues and pull request there. If an issue from the old repo is still valid, feel free to repost it.

New version: 38.0.0

Changelog:
  • added support for 64 bits Dwarf Fortress
  • added memory layouts for DF 43.05 (only for Windows 32 bits and 64 bits, and Linux 64 bits)
  • dropped Qt4 support, requires Qt5
  • a C++14 compiler is required
  • various changes and fixes from Hello71
  • fixed random crash when switching tabs
  • fixed uncovered legs and body warnings inversion
  • fixed reading dwarves during embark when filtering non-citizens

Notes:
  • You need to use the same architecture (32 bits or 64 bits) with Dwarf Therapist and Dwarf Fortress. Theoretically, I think DT 64 bits should be able to read DF 32 bits, but this would requires a few changes (mostly de-hardcoding the size of a pointer and the base address).
  • I did not merge the whole Hello71 branch, instead I cherry-picked what I could. Some fixes from the latest Hello71 version may be missing.
  • 32 bits has only been tested for basic functionality (and only on Windows). Porting to 64 bits may have broken more advanced features.
  • OSX was not tested and the memory layout for 0.43.05 is missing. Help is needed to make Dwarf Therapist works on OSX.

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 18, 2017, 11:09:00 am »

Firstly, thanks for taking up the fallen mantle!

Very quick test results (DFFD downloads).
- Win32: Hang running at 100% of one CPU (I assume, given the load). My old Win32 DF could be started afterwards, i.e. while your version was still chasing its tail. I think the old version is  Splinterz' with an updated layout, but don't remember with certainty. If it matters, I've got a recompiled DFHack, but I don't think that would interfere with DT. Can't debug, unfortunately, as the compiler is currently broken.

- Win64: Connects and looks reasonable. An old bug in the Splinterz version remains: The "Roles" tab lacks the Blacksmith labor. I'll write a Github issue as well, so it won't get lost (again).

Edit:
According to log/run.log it seems like the 32 bit version is trying and failing the same memory read repeatedly.
ReadProcessMemory failed: "Only parts of a ReadProcessMemory- or WriteProcessMemory-request has been completed." [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp:138] (read_raw) <I've translated the actual error message>.

Edit2: The last INFO message in log/run.log said 433 squads had been loaded, if that is of any help (thereafter it's only failed memory reads).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 11:51:05 am by PatrikLundell »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 18, 2017, 11:52:08 am »

"Only parts of a ReadProcessMemory- or WriteProcessMemory-request has been completed." [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp:138] (read_raw)

There are dangerous reinterpret_cast in this function, it might be the cause. I should fix that anyway.

Edit: can you upload your df installation or save?

Edit2: using "-trace" option could help if it happens while reading a vector.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:12:33 pm by Clément »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 18, 2017, 01:12:20 pm »

Last logs before repeated errors when started with -trace:
2017-Sep-18 19:56:41.257 TRACE   core   Found 0 things in vector at "0x25138fbc" [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstance.h:118] (enum_vec)
2017-Sep-18 19:56:41.489 ERROR   core   ReadProcessMemory failed: "Endast delar av en ReadProcessMemory- eller WriteProcessMemory-beg?ran har slutf?rts." [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp:138] (read_raw)
2017-Sep-18 19:56:41.489 TRACE   core   Found 0 things in vector at "0x25138fc8" [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstance.h:118] (enum_vec)
2017-Sep-18 19:56:41.489 ERROR   core   ReadProcessMemory failed: "Endast delar av en ReadProcessMemory- eller WriteProcessMemory-beg?ran har slutf?rts." [E:/projects/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp:138] (read_raw)

Yes, I tried a different fortress, and DT started fine with that one, so I'd guess it's save dependent. However, I copied the save to the 64 bit version, and DT connected to that save, so there's a version component somewhere.
Problem causing save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13096

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: September 18, 2017, 01:27:01 pm »

Thanks, I can reproduce the bug.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 18, 2017, 07:02:39 pm »

The animals tab worksssss, happy day! Thank you for this, it's well beyond anything I could manage.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: September 19, 2017, 03:47:17 am »

@PatrikLundell

Does changing "sched_size" to 0x34 in "[squad_offsets]" section solves your issue? Disable the updater, it overwrites the changes.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: September 19, 2017, 06:05:22 am »

@Clément: Yes, that allowed connection without issues.

However, remember that when helping out, most people are not as familiar as you are with how DT works, so the request was a bit on the terse side. It wasn't too hard to realize it should be in a file somewhere, look around, and find the file <DT>\share\memory_layouts\windows\v0.43.05_graphics.ini, though.

Edit: After your post in the DFHack thread I decided to compare this entry with the corresponding one in my old DT (37.0.0) layout file, and it's 0x40 in that file as well, without that version crashing. I don't know how to interpret that, though...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:00:27 am by PatrikLundell »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 19, 2017, 01:41:46 pm »

Edit: After your post in the DFHack thread I decided to compare this entry with the corresponding one in my old DT (37.0.0) layout file, and it's 0x40 in that file as well, without that version crashing. I don't know how to interpret that, though...

Not every invalid value makes DT crash or hang, sometimes it detects absurd values and ignore them, sometimes invalid values look good and it just display the invalid values in the interface.

But now I see there is actually a big issue with the auto-updater. Anyone who used splintermind version before will have DT configured to fetch memory layouts on splintermind repo where there is an invalid one for 0.43.05 win32.

Important message to anyone who has used Dwarf Therapist before this release:

You need to check the settings for the automatic updates. In "Options" -> "General" tab -> "Updates", click on "Restore Default". Otherwise DT will fetch files from a repository that can no longer be updated.

Hartsteen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: October 01, 2017, 11:15:32 am »

You guys are my heros! For me Dwarf Therapist is the most important utility to play fortress mode. Thank you for your effort - I bow before you.

Question: Is there a possibility to show the scholar and performance skills?
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 222