Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.  (Read 18220 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Freeman: Guerrilla warfare. el che be proud.
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2019, 07:22:52 am »

Apparently going to come out of early access soon.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2019, 07:52:41 am »

This looks kind of interesting, a bit like JA or 7.62 but less clunky... presumably.
Question for y'all who have played it: what factions can you actually join? I read somewhere that you could join "one of several" factions, but then on a chart of allies/enemies I saw that one of them had the player themselves listed as an enemy. ???   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2019, 08:35:04 am »

You are your own faction.  There is no joining factions, at least not 2 months ago.  You can ally with them, but that really only unlocks after you take a city.

Is more Mount&Blade, but is all ranged.  I havn't played since they upgraded the AI and maps.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2019, 09:21:42 am »

1.0 release has been announced for... this Friday, with a price increase.

As to future development, they say this:

"As we said, the game is features complete, but we will still keep fixing bugs, adding some minor features, content, and keep maintaining the game in total. We will also spend time in polishing the modding system and support players to build their own FGW mods!"

I pretty much haven't touched it since early access started, so can't comment on its current state, but did think it was good for a lark even back then.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2019, 10:08:07 am »

Its fun, like others have said just more, better, modern gun-oriented M&B. Less replayable, but with the addition of modding tools, I think that'll be changing soon. Am interested to see if it gets its own equivalent of Warband.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2019, 02:35:44 pm »

You don't really 'join' any faction, but some start off neutral/friendly, you can recruit their unit types and do quests for them. Ultimately you're really only out for yourself, I think, you can only capture cities in your own name.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2019, 02:13:35 pm »

Finally gave 1.0 a spin.

It's very much still got that janky Russian unfinished feel to it.  I'd hold out a few months for polishing.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]