Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 39313 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2013, 05:18:16 pm »

Tell me how to host and I will. i7 3770k intel quad core running 3.9ghz with a z77 sabertooth. Lol

you can simply run the server.exe in your cube world folder, but for easier management and some bugfixes, you'd want to use this server wrapper. Just put the files directly into your game folder and run the included exe file. The server wrapper injects a dll file into server.exe to fix some crashes and anti-virus programs can report this as a virus, but this file is clean.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

Yikes. The alt key has suddenly started hard freezing Cube World for me. As I enjoy climbing in CW a great deal and have fat fingers, this kinda sucks :P
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

Why is it that everyone loves frogmen (myself included)? Is it because they're just so adorable or something?
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2013, 06:08:42 am »

Why is it that everyone loves frogmen (myself included)? Is it because they're just so adorable or something?
I'm not sure.. For me, it's just that they are... different somehow..

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2013, 08:49:05 am »

Yikes. The alt key has suddenly started hard freezing Cube World for me. As I enjoy climbing in CW a great deal and have fat fingers, this kinda sucks :P

It always did that for me. Just hit alt again and it unfreezes. The game doesn't actually stop running when you do this, it just stops updating the window. I have no idea why.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2013, 09:32:28 am »

It always did that for me. Just hit alt again and it unfreezes. The game doesn't actually stop running when you do this, it just stops updating the window. I have no idea why.

The alt key can sometimes cause the screen to lose focus, which stops render updates.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:44:35 am by Rhodan »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2013, 09:33:47 am »

The alt key can sometimes cause the screen to lose focus, which stops render updates
Actually its cause Alt+F is the File Menu Hotkey so when you press alt the window that is running the game goes...
"OH You press Alt, which command you want to put in? File? Edit??? VIEW!!?!?!?"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2013, 09:51:24 am »

I'm not sure.. For me, it's just that they are... different somehow..
I dislike them.

If I can, I kill frogmen at every opportunity.

I hate it when I encounter a group of hostile Frogmen. Why can't we frogmen all just get along?!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2013, 10:29:41 am »

Anyone have a bay12 server up yet?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »

Frogmen are awesome. I just got this game from a friend, and I'm running around right now as a level 3 frogman ranger.

Oh man, this topic hasn't been touched for a while. I hope you guys are all still frogmanning.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »

The developer kind of abandoned the game, so the players did as well. All disappointing as it did seem to have some potential.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2014, 09:54:25 pm »

Are you sure? There was a post on the dev blog in December, and another one in November. Not a ton of content, but it seems like there's still something going on there.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »

There's still work being done, and this is the same pace they've always gone on the game. The internet is a bunch of drama queens as usual.

It is fun, but you might wanna wait a few months for whatever is being worked on to go in if anything to avoid the green pew pew lasers of death.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2014, 10:23:45 pm »

Apologies then, I don't follow the game religiously myself. Haven't even played it in a few months and I was just going by what I've heard (from sources I tend to trust, but I'll try to keep this in mind next time) offhand.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2014, 11:01:55 pm »

Lasers like t
It is fun, but you might wanna wait a few months for whatever is being worked on to go in if anything to avoid the green pew pew lasers of death.

Lasers like witches shoot? Those don't seem that crazy powerful.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19